Insanely tired in morning

iLoveSugar

Despite consistently getting 8-12 hours of sleep every night, I wake up in the morning feeling incredibly tired, to the point of feeling delirious and depressed. I even get bouts of psychosis, which is a terrible feeling.

Has anyone else gone through something similar, or can you offer any insights into what might be causing this extreme fatigue and related symptoms?

I wear a breathe right nose strip each night, as well as tape my mouth.

I drag all day long, and then finally get some life at 9 PM. I'm 100% non functional in the mornings though and literally can't stay awake.

Despite consistently getting 8-12 hours of sleep every night, I wake up in the morning feeling incredibly tired, to the point of feeling delirious and depressed. I even get bouts of psychosis, which is a terrible feeling.

Has anyone else gone through something similar, or can you offer any insights into what might be causing this extreme fatigue and related symptoms?

I drag all day long, and then finally get some life at 9 PM. I'm 100% non functional in the mornings though and literally can't stay awake.
I use to be that way, getting to bed too late and sleeping too much, and struggling in the morning. When I started going to sleep earlier, now 10:30, everything fell into place. My body naturally needs about 7 hours. Here is a link to my “Sleep” thread.

Peater

How long has this been a problem for you? I know what you mean by the way, it's like a tired beyond tiredness you have to deal with as soon as your eyes have opened.

Mr Joe

If you are hypo sleeping a lot is terrible and you will feel depressed. You probably are hypo and best way is to keep glycogen always full (try to get enough protein and sugar every hour) so that your glycogen never gets low. I am always depressed when I sleep more than 8 hours. Usually keeping orange juice with Methylene blue and teaspoon of salt + some emodin calms the cortisol.

youngsinatra

After I got on thyroid in the last few months, I noticed that I hop out of bed after 6-7 hours of sleep, feeling refreshed and ready to start the day.

I used to feel like ***t in the morning, every day. Close to a existential crisis before heading to work each day.

cs3000

i wake up exhausted most days and have for 12 years at least,
i think about counting to 4 and stepping out of bed. then can try get some momentum going

usually its from excessive rem sleep / excessive dreaming. too active at night and not getting restorative deep slow wave sleep. generally is seen in depression. iron/copper deficiency can be one reason (skews REM to excess in first third of sleep). too low calories. caffeine rebound into night time. certain b vits. info / effort overload in pm instead of rest. waking up early hours & going back to sleep. anxiety spike in minutes close to sleep. hypothyroidism. too much acetylcholine raising foods in the evening (fruit/vegetables). i think the mechanism is related to high corticotropin releasing hormone, & brain myelin

Last edited:

Franesthesia

Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Breathe right strip on nose and taping mouth shut? With sleep apnea you can ‘sleep’ many hours but it’s not quality sleep so you don’t feel rested.

peateats1

Take a multivitamin(you can get them without iron if needed), make sure you get lots of b vitamins, especially riboflavin and thiamine, take an appropriate amount of thyroid for yourself, try a red light device throughout the day (I recently started doing this instead of just an incandescent, and saw my energy improve immensely). If you have gut issues, a bifido blend from custom probiotics also could be of assistance. Just some ideas.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

After I got on thyroid in the last few months, I noticed that I hop out of bed after 6-7 hours of sleep, feeling refreshed and ready to start the day.

I used to feel like ***t in the morning, every day. Close to a existential crisis before heading to work each day.
I've tried thyroid so many times. I just dont do well with cytomel or cytoplasm even though every symptom I have screams hypothyroidism.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Breathe right strip on nose and taping mouth shut? With sleep apnea you can ‘sleep’ many hours but it’s not quality sleep so you don’t feel rested.
Yes, I do have mild sleep apnea. I couldn't do the device though. Thats why I use a nose strip and medical tape.

youngsinatra

I've tried thyroid so many times. I just dont do well with cytomel or cytoplasm even though every symptom I have screams hypothyroidism.
Could be something like subclinical adrenal insufficiency, as symptoms of adrenal issues are similar to that of hypothyroidism, except that taking thyroid will likely worsen the adrenal issues.

Very low cortisol can cause issues with waking up and feeling refreshed

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Could be something like subclinical adrenal insufficiency, as symptoms of adrenal issues are similar to that of hypothyroidism, except that taking thyroid will likely worsen the adrenal issues.

Very low cortisol can cause issues with waking up and feeling refreshed
I've taken hydrocortisone in the past with no improvement.

burtlancast

At what time do you fall asleep at night ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals