Idiopathic, Paradoxical And Of Unknown Origin

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
haidut said:
classicallady said:
Thanks-- A/D/E/K-- taken orally :?:

Sorry to hijack the thread - the vitamin A amount is 5,000 IU per dosage, not 5,00IU:):
And yes, I do plan on selling it. I am just waiting on people to share some opinions in the thread, but judging from the responses so far it looks like a go. So, I already ordered more supplies and hope to have an online store within a week or so.
I will post in the supplement thread when ready.
Thanks everybody!
Sorry haidut! My typo

Kray

haidut said:
classicallady said:
Thanks-- A/D/E/K-- taken orally :?:

Sorry to hijack the thread - the vitamin A amount is 5,000 IU per dosage, not 5,00IU:):
And yes, I do plan on selling it. I am just waiting on people to share some opinions in the thread, but judging from the responses so far it looks like a go. So, I already ordered more supplies and hope to have an online store within a week or so.
I will post in the supplement thread when ready.
Thanks everybody!

Haidut, I figured that out on the dosage; can you tell me if these oil vitamins are to be taken orally? Peat is opposed to doing these orally and applies them topically. Just wanted to clarify delivery method and ask what the issue is and why you all don't mind taking them orally, if that is the answer to my question. Thanks- :)

J

j.

classicallady said:
Peat is opposed to doing these orally and applies them topically.

Peat tried orally first and it gave him a bad reaction. Maybe that's why he takes vitamin A topically, because a specific product gave him a reaction when he tried it orally.

Kray

Right- I guess everyone needs to consider what is best for them and not overdo the oral doses as well. I don't take mine everyday.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The supplement can be taken both orally and dermally. I made sure that it has no additives or toxic fillers so it should be OK even for people with VERY sensitive guts. I prefer taking it orally since a higher percentage is absorbed compared to dermal application. Just try both routes and stick with what works for you.

Kray

haidut said:
The supplement can be taken both orally and dermally. I made sure that it has no additives or toxic fillers so it should be OK even for people with VERY sensitive guts. I prefer taking it orally since a higher percentage is absorbed compared to dermal application. Just try both routes and stick with what works for you.

Thanks for the feedback. How will people know when you have the product available?

Meanwhile, I had a couple of questions-- do you know what a good daily dose of vitamin E is? I just purchased Unique E 400IU. Doesn't Peat think E isn't needed in the long term once you get your PUFAs under control (although I wonder if we ever reach that point)? And regards to Vitamin A-- I have the Nutrisorb A. I have been a little confused over types of A, their safety (water vs. fat-soluble), and dosage. It is one vitamin therefore I have been somewhat light on supplementing. I do eat liver once a week (pate) and eat dairy regularly, so I am getting some in my diet.

But, I've had dermatitis on my neck and face for several months now. Do you think an A deficiency could be the cause? Any suggestions how much would be safe to take internally, and is the Nutrisorb a good form, or would a fat-soluble form be better? A brand you could suggest?

Thanks!

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm planning on buying nutrisorb A until haidut's online store is up and running. Toxinless also has a comprehensive list of supplements that can be helpful for a Peat inspired approach(just FYI). You may have already known about it as you seem well versed in many things Peat.

Kray

Blossom said:
I'm planning on buying nutrisorb A until haidut's online store is up and running. Toxinless also has a comprehensive list of supplements that can be helpful for a Peat inspired approach(just FYI). You may have already known about it as you seem well versed in many things Peat.

How much do you take? I assume you take it orally, too?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I haven't taken it before. I had noticed improvement after starting haidut's formula so just planed on using an equivalent amount 5000IU vitamin a until I can purchase haidut's supplement. I have some d,e and k until he is up and running.

J

j.

classicallady said:
Blossom said:

How much do you take? I assume you take it orally, too?

I'm an easy case of how much vitamin A to take, because my dandruff is extremely sensitive to it. I had chronic dandruff, the whole year every year, until I took vitamin A (I take it orally). It immediately reduced, so I take it based on my scalp. The amount changes based on metabolism, vitamin D levels, sugar intake. I think my average is something between 10,000 and 20,000 IU daily.

Kray

J: Can you give me a brand you take? Do you do oil-based or water-based? Do you take some amount of A always regardless of the dandruff, and in addition to food sources? I just want to be sure I'm not overdoing it. I do lots of dairy (mostly raw organic so I don't know how much is naturally contained in these sources vs. commercial milk which has the A/D added to). I would like to hope that upping my supplement of A will bring about as positive results as you've seen in your condition, but I suppose if you're really needing a huge dose to overcome a chronic problem, like dandruff or dermatitis, these amounts are necessary to see results. When you say immediate btw, how quickly-- days or weeks? Thanks again :)

J

j.

The only one that worked for me without giving bad reactions is that high dose vitamin A (50,000 IU) they sell in pharmacies in south america, don't know the brand. It isn't available online.

I take "water based", or more accurately, micellized, like nutrisorb vitamin A. Water based is a misleading name. It has a bunch of tiny fat particles to allow absorption.

I want to find another one because the dose is too high, so I have to take it like once every 3 days or something like that. I wasn't able to find it. I didn't react perfectly well to nutrisorb vitamin A.

Do you take some amount of A always regardless of the dandruff

I don't, but I know people use other techniques to estimate vit A status, such as looking at whether their calluses are orange.

When you say immediate btw, how quickly-- days or weeks?

One day.

Kray

Wow, that's remarkable. Unless I buy another brand, Nutrisorb is the one I already have. What kind(s) of negative reactions might someone have (or did you have, if you are at liberty to say :)), at too-high a dose? Does the micellized delivery mean that one shouldn't take as much as say a 10,000IU capsule of fish oil A? (The Nutrisorb is 2,500IU per drop and says to take 1 drop per day.) And do you take your A all in one dose or spread out over the day? Do you have any idea what influences your need to take more or have you figured that out? I'm just wondering if it is a one-time thing usually to bring one's stores back up, or how I can improve dietary measures to avoid having to resort to high doses indefinitely (even off and on). How long did you have to keep up the higher doses before you could drop back down? It seems like people regularly add A, D, E, etc on a daily basis so once I get my situation under control, might a minimum daily dose be sufficient to keep my A levels good?

Are you familiar with this brand? http://www.iherb.com/Kirkman-Labs-Mycel ... =null&ic=2

From what I read it seems like good quality and ok ingredients, would you agree? Maybe this is something that would work for you. Sorry for all the questions but I am a little hesitant (based on the product info as well) to take too much A, which is why I want to have a better idea from someone familiar with taking the higher doses. :) Thanks much.

P.S. Just found another source- which one would you suggest? http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Drops-Pur ... roduct_top

J

j.

I need to take more when I sunbathe more, consume more sugar and "empty calories" (like coca cola), and do red light therapy.

I need a lot less when I take progesterone. The balance of estrogen and vitamin A is apparently involved in dandruff. I think for me, long term, reducing estrogen is what allowed me to take less vitamin A.

I take it all at once. The bad reactions go from subjective discomfort to allergy-like symptoms, it changes from brand to brand. My bad reactions don't depend on the dose. I get bad reactions with tiny doses, sometimes a topical application produces a worse reaction than an oral one, but I don't think I'm reacting to the vitamin A, but to some byproduct of the manufacturing process, or sometimes to soy (vit E in vit A supplements is usually derived from soy).

I'm not familiar with Kirkman Vitamin A, haven't tested it. I don't think they have ideal ingredients. Ideal ingredients for me would be just vitamin A and natural vitamin E (such product doesn't seem to exist). I don't know which one to suggest. Another relatively clean product seems to be Dr. Clark's Vitamin A drops, which I haven't tested as well. If you do fine taking Nutrisorb Vitamin A, I don't see why you wouldn't use that.

haidut

Forum Supporter
classicallady said:
haidut said:

Thanks for the feedback. How will people know when you have the product available?

Meanwhile, I had a couple of questions-- do you know what a good daily dose of vitamin E is? I just purchased Unique E 400IU. Doesn't Peat think E isn't needed in the long term once you get your PUFAs under control (although I wonder if we ever reach that point)? And regards to Vitamin A-- I have the Nutrisorb A. I have been a little confused over types of A, their safety (water vs. fat-soluble), and dosage. It is one vitamin therefore I have been somewhat light on supplementing. I do eat liver once a week (pate) and eat dairy regularly, so I am getting some in my diet.

But, I've had dermatitis on my neck and face for several months now. Do you think an A deficiency could be the cause? Any suggestions how much would be safe to take internally, and is the Nutrisorb a good form, or would a fat-soluble form be better? A brand you could suggest?

Thanks!

I will post to the forum's thread where I asked people for feedback. That will probably inform about 50 people and the rest will learn about it as the word spreads a I guess. I am hoping to launch the store this weekend.
As far as vitamin E - I also gather from Ray's articles that he thinks vitamin E is not really needed once PUFA is removed form the bodies. However, if you read his article on Vitamin E it seems that the compound has many other benefits. I have always wanted to ask him about vitamin E used for estrogen control and not so much for saturating PUFA, which he says is its primary purposes. Estrogen is likely to always be of some concern and if vitamin E is so effective against it then it should be part of the arsenal even after we are all PUFA-free. If someone talks to Peat soon I'd appreciate it if that question is asked. In general, I think that we'll need to occassionally supplement with things that can bring the cardinal "shitmakers" estrogen and serotonin under control. It seems that vitamin E is that compound when it comes to estrogen. BCAA or restricting tryptophan will probably be the non-pharma option to battle serotonin.
Anyways, just my 2c.

Kray

j. said:
I need to take more when I sunbathe more, consume more sugar and "empty calories" (like coca cola), and do red light therapy.

I need a lot less when I take progesterone. The balance of estrogen and vitamin A is apparently involved in dandruff. I think for me, long term, reducing estrogen is what allowed me to take less vitamin A.

I take it all at once. The bad reactions go from subjective discomfort to allergy-like symptoms, it changes from brand to brand. My bad reactions don't depend on the dose. I get bad reactions with tiny doses, sometimes a topical application produces a worse reaction than an oral one, but I don't think I'm reacting to the vitamin A, but to some byproduct of the manufacturing process, or sometimes to soy (vit E in vit A supplements is usually derived from soy).

I'm not familiar with Kirkman Vitamin A, haven't tested it. I don't think they have ideal ingredients. Ideal ingredients for me would be just vitamin A and natural vitamin E (such product doesn't seem to exist). I don't know which one to suggest. Another relatively clean product seems to be Dr. Clark's Vitamin A drops, which I haven't tested as well. If you do fine taking Nutrisorb Vitamin A, I don't see why you wouldn't use that.

Red light. The dermatitis is in the very area where I treat with red light-- the neck and face! To build up benefits when I first bought it last Dec, I was doing about 17 minutes a day avg 3-4 days a week for a couple of months. Heavy use LED + low A levels = dermatitis? (except I've had the rash a few months longer than I've been doing the LED). I've had the Nutri-A for about the same amt of time but didn't make a connection until I started checking the forum, so I was taking pretty low levels and not very consistently.

I don't know how my hormone balance may have affected my skin problems but if I'm missing something there and I start on higher doses of A....my supplements are Progest-E 10-20mg/day most of the time and pregnenolone sporadically at pretty low doses. Just started OTC thyroid about 1 wk ago, low dose so far.

Did you say you always supplement A, or only when you have issues that you mentioned above? Trying to get an idea of dosage, how high I should go while trying to get rid of the skin issues, how long safely to continue at that level, when to go back down, to what dose, etc. I hope you don't mind all the questions here, just not a lot out there I could find (there's just always this skull and crossbones disclaimer on most sites I've visited, or on most source labels).

I appreciate the feedback on various brands. The 2nd one seems cleaner than the Kirkman, but I'll also look into Dr Clark's. And when you decide on one, let me know! I can't say I've noticed any bad effects of the Nutri-A (the only real thing I've heard is one can get headaches). btw- have you ever done the Peat way and just put it on your skin? I've tried it every now and then but I wonder if it takes much more to see a difference. Thanks so much for the help!

J

j.

I supplement only when I have dandruff. If I take 10,000, and it improves, but not completely, I might take more. It's really not scientific, and I don't know if it can apply to other people.

Kray

j. said:
I supplement only when I have dandruff. If I take 10,000, and it improves, but not completely, I might take more. It's really not scientific, and I don't know if it can apply to other people.

Thanks for shrink-wrapping your response :) One more ? -- Do you have a diet high in preformed A? Can you share what vitamin A foods you regularly eat that would help keep up A levels?

J

j.

2 eggs per day, probably at least 100 grams of liver per week.

I might be an unusual case of someone who needs a lot of vitamin A. Some bodies don't use vitamin A efficiently, I believe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals