Idiopathic, Paradoxical And Of Unknown Origin

Blossom

Moderator
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
I've got to say that I have personally been told in the past by medical 'authorities' that this or that problem was idiopathic. One example was about about eight years ago when I was treated for a prolactinoma. I was told at the time that about 20% of the population has this problem and no one knows why. I'm sorry but that's pathetic. Ironically, after discovering the work of Peat it all made perfect sense. I also experienced melasma (a pigment disorder) around the same time as well as PCOS and endometriosis resulting in a partial hysterectomy all by the age of 36! As an aside I noticed that while on bromocriptine for the prolactinoma the pigment disorder resolved. This all probably could have been prevented or minimized had I not followed conventional wisdom. It's really a shame that peoples lives are being effected to varying degrees and when they seek help from medical authorities (conventional or alternative) they are often told that the problems origin is unknown! If you start reading Peats work it soon becomes obvious that this human body isn't so mysterious after all! I can't believe people accept that type of explanation and I was one of them. Thanks for letting me RANT. I feel so much better now. :2cents
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
Thanks! I just so happen to be the lucky recipient of a cardiac journal (addressed to my husband) that has featured a couple articles lately that caught my eye. One was the smokers paradox and the other was the obesity pardox. I'm by far no authority but the fact that both populations are more likley to retain CO2 could explain the unexpected (by conventional medicine standards) positive outcomes. Most paradoxes really are just part of a system that keeps people confused and in the dark! We don't have to start smoking or put on excessive weight to benefit from the above paradoxes- just implement measures to increase our protective CO2!
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,627
Location
USA
Interesting about the increased C02 with smokers and obese people.

Fruit increases C02, lets become fruitarians, smoke some cigs, chug pounds of baking soda and live to be 1000! lol JK :)
 

jaguar43

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,310
Blossom said:
I've got to say that I have personally been told in the past by medical 'authorities' that this or that problem was idiopathic. One example was about about eight years ago when I was treated for a prolactinoma. I was told at the time that about 20% of the population has this problem and no one knows why. I'm sorry but that's pathetic. Ironically, after discovering the work of Peat it all made perfect sense. I also experienced melasma (a pigment disorder) around the same time as well as PCOS and endometriosis resulting in a partial hysterectomy all by the age of 36! As an aside I noticed that while on bromocriptine for the prolactinoma the pigment disorder resolved. This all probably could have been prevented or minimized had I not followed conventional wisdom. It's really a shame that peoples lives are being effected to varying degrees and when they seek help from medical authorities (conventional or alternative) they are often told that the problems origin is unknown! If you start reading Peats work it soon becomes obvious that this human body isn't so mysterious after all! I can't believe people accept that type of explanation and I was one of them. Thanks for letting me RANT. I feel so much better now. :2cents

Did your melasma go away after taking bromocriptine ?
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
Yes, it faded remarkably well. I took it for about 2 years total and it was probably about 6-9 months after taking it for a noticeable improvement. My prolactin level started out in the 120's so it took a while to get it down to normal.
 

jaguar43

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,310
Blossom said:
Yes, it faded remarkably well. I took it for about 2 years total and it was probably about 6-9 months after taking it for a noticeable improvement. My prolactin level started out in the 120's so it took a while to get it down to normal.

Did you ever have some fibrosis problems ?
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
I'm not sure. I had fibrocystic breasts and was told fibromyalgia but I'm not quite sure if that would be a considered a fibrosis problem like say pulmonary fibrosis or cystic fibrosis. Oh and Idiopathic hypersomnia- now that's a good one!
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
The whole paradox thing got me to thinking about how the structure and function relationship are perfectly demonstrated with CO2 in the obese and smokers. The long time smokers lungs change shape on the inside and this is why the CO2 is retained. The obese person has a restriction from the outside like having an elephant on the chest which restricts ventilation. This is sometimes called obesity hypoventilation syndrome. I found one sentence buried deep in a pulmonary textbook that stated that progesterone can be used to treat this! It seems as if nature is trying to compensate for suboptimal environmental input in these so called two paradoxes. Once again I am amazed at the miracle of the human organism to compensate and heal! :!:
 

honeybee

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
331
Blossom-do you think(for the Melasma) that the bromo lowered your estrogen levels?
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
Yes and serotonin. The more I read Peat the more I feel a viscous cycle was going on with the PUFA, estrogen, serotonin, lactate, carbon monoxide. I'm sure in time I'll understand it even more. Back then I was smoking, on ssri's, working a stressful night shift job and just had an ovary removed! Whew, bad times indeed! So glad that's over and I've figured out what to do to repair the damage!
 

honeybee

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
331
I just started the bromo-I am hoping that it will help me with chronic estrogen and some other issues. I had severe e-dominance issues in my 30s that included fibroid surgery, large ovarian cysts most recently. I use progest e, which works but I dint want to use that all the time because a it messes up my cycle.
How did you take the bromo ? I am taking it the non oral route to avoid sides. Did you experience sides?
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
I did take it orally but I'm not sure what 'sides' means. I took it before discovering Peat and was on a very high dose. In hindsight I think I could have used a much lower dose by eating correctly, using Progest-e and stopping the SSRI's. I will look up sides and let you know if I experienced that. I think lisuride might serve a similar purpose and is safer. That is what I take now but it is more expensive. That said, I would take bromocriptine again if I needed it and didn't have lisuride. I'm doing everything I can within reason to reign in the estrogen and serotonin levels. I've been using the vitamin a,d,e and k formula that haidut created and have added small amounts of b6 as well.
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
honeybee said:
I just started the bromo-I am hoping that it will help me with chronic estrogen and some other issues. I had severe e-dominance issues in my 30s that included fibroid surgery, large ovarian cysts most recently. I use progest e, which works but I dint want to use that all the time because a it messes up my cycle.
How did you take the bromo ? I am taking it the non oral route to avoid sides. Did you experience sides?
If 'sides' means side effects yes I did have one particularly bad one that led to me finally waking up out of my 'tupor' and weaning off all meds including bromo. I'm not sure if it was the bromo and I actually think it was a combination of polypharmacy including high dose SSRI, provigil, restoril, klonopin and smoking. I had a movement disorder beginning and that was a big red flag. Supposedly they never go away but mine did gradually over time. I think I was on too high of a dose of bromo and along with the stimulant and smoking I had too much stimulation of the 'dopamine receptors'. I actually think the bromo might have given me enough courage to somehow start digging myself out of the mess I was in. I'm lucky to be where I am today-talk about 'medicine induced illness'! I probably never would have needed it in the first place had I not received all that medical care that turned out to be so harmful. I took 15 mg per day orally back then on a SAD diet and probably had low progesterone since I had only one ovary. If I were to take it again I would probably stick to a much lower dose and obviously not be engaging in destructive diet and lifestyle practices. Hope that helps.
 

Kray

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
938
Blossom said:
I did take it orally but I'm not sure what 'sides' means. I took it before discovering Peat and was on a very high dose. In hindsight I think I could have used a much lower dose by eating correctly, using Progest-e and stopping the SSRI's. I will look up sides and let you know if I experienced that. I think lisuride might serve a similar purpose and is safer. That is what I take now but it is more expensive. That said, I would take bromocriptine again if I needed it and didn't have lisuride. I'm doing everything I can within reason to reign in the estrogen and serotonin levels. I've been using the vitamin a,d,e and k formula that haidut created and have added small amounts of b6 as well.

The formula you mention of the oil-solubles-- is that for sale? I'd like to know if that is taken orally or topically, and what brand/form of b6 you are talking about. Do you take the oils daily? Thanks :)
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
Haidut had given some samples a while back to see how others liked the a,d,e and k combo. I'm not sure if he plans to sell the product in the future but if so I will continue using it and if not I will buy the supplements individually and keep up with them because they have really helped. I think it allowed my body to process thyroid better as well.
 

Kray

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
938
Blossom said:
Haidut had given some samples a while back to see how others liked the a,d,e and k combo. I'm not sure if he plans to sell the product in the future but if so I will continue using it and if not I will buy the supplements individually and keep up with them because they have really helped. I think it allowed my body to process thyroid better as well.

In case I can't get his formula, can you break down the amts and forms of each vitamin? Do you take these orally, or on the skin? :)
 

Blossom

Moderator
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
8,506
classicallady said:
Blossom said:
Haidut had given some samples a while back to see how others liked the a,d,e and k combo. I'm not sure if he plans to sell the product in the future but if so I will continue using it and if not I will buy the supplements individually and keep up with them because they have really helped. I think it allowed my body to process thyroid better as well.

In case I can't get his formula, can you break down the amts and forms of each vitamin? Do you take these orally, or on the skin? :)
Vitamin A( retinol acetate) 5,00IU
Vitamin D3 1,500 IU
Vitamin E 200IU
Vitamin K 2mg
I've been going through 1 100mg b6 tablet over a 2 week period by just cutting it up as small as I can. I use the solgar brand but take so little I'm not too worried about the binders.
 

haidut

Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
17,358
Location
USA / Europe
classicallady said:
Thanks-- A/D/E/K-- taken orally :?:

Sorry to hijack the thread - the vitamin A amount is 5,000 IU per dosage, not 5,00IU:):
And yes, I do plan on selling it. I am just waiting on people to share some opinions in the thread, but judging from the responses so far it looks like a go. So, I already ordered more supplies and hope to have an online store within a week or so.
I will post in the supplement thread when ready.
Thanks everybody!
 

Similar threads

Top