I Need Help With Skin Friction!

I've taken cyproheptadine, and now I'm fatter than ever. My work is exhausting because I walk around 9,48 hours per day (not slowly, sometimes fast, sometimes "normal"). Because my thigh is also fat, the part of it (both legs) near the testicles are suffering from painful (sometimes bleeding) skin friction. I can't withstand it anymore. Should I lose leg fat? And if so, how? What to do? Please, I need help. If I do not receive useful advices, I will consider cyproheptadine poisonous or unhealthy.

tara

I can't remember if you've said why you are using cyproheptadine.
It is a medicine, and has it's uses, but is not always useful for everyone.
It is sometimes used as an antihistamine, sometimes as an anti-serotonin agent, sometimes against migraines. It is also sometimes prescribed to help people who who are struggling with anorexia to restore appetite so they can eat more. Some people find it sleep-inducing, too.
Not necessarily poisonous, but whether it is what you are needing at the moment depends on whether you are getting real benefits from it that outweigh any unwanted side effects? How much are you using?

I imagine you could use some quick tactics to help against the chafing, as well as longer term strategies.
Short-term, have you tried greasing your thighs with cocoa butter or similar (would probably stain clothes though), or panty hose or similar under your trousers to reduce the friction? I'm not meaning to set you up for teasing, but if you can find a way to try that discretely, it might be worth a try? Or a pair of some kind or tight fitting low-friction shorts that reach down over your thighs to protect them?

Losing fat is often tricky. Hopefully you can find a way to get your metabolism working for you in a way that agrees to something more comfortable for you. There are loads of (sometimes contradictory) ideas around here on how.

Peatful

Sorry about this for you.
Try rubbing a generous amount of coconut oil on your testicles.
Wear no briefs at night.

SQu

Should I lose leg fat? And if so, how?
I found squats made my thighs thinner. I don't know if that's because the increase in muscle led to fat burning at rest and it starts with the fat close by, but that was my guess.
If it was me, I'd try and use wound dressings for a day or two to protect that skin while you are at work, and whatever cream helps your skin heal best underneath, and at night. For me that's a urea cream but in my case it's a very dry time of year which contributes to chafing for me. Don't know if it would suit you. Colloidal silver cream helped my husband with chafing on a long hike but I wouldn't use it as an ongoing thing. Hikers sometimes wear lycra type stretchy cyclist/gym pants under their hiking shorts to prevent chafing so that's something to consider similar to what Tara is saying.

Amazoniac

Athletes use tight clothing to avoid this, though not the marathon runners for being already skinny. It's an immediate relief, and you can use it underneath looser pants.

To lose it probably by avoiding exhaustion or intense demands, keeping a vigorous pace but not breathless. I don't think more leg exercises will help you. Monitoring heart rate for a day or two can help you to become more aware.

OP
Mr. God of Cars
Athletes use tight clothing to avoid this, though not the marathon runners for being already skinny. It's an immediate relief, and you can use it underneath looser pants.

To lose it probably by avoiding exhaustion or intense demands, keeping a vigorous pace but not breathless. I don't think more leg exercises will help you. Monitoring heart rate for a day or two can help you to become more aware.
Thank you too.

maxonz

Alot of baby powder on your thighs and groin after you shower will make this problem go away, if you dont have baby powder corn starch also works great!!

Peatful

Coconut oil can be irritating on bruises, but it can also be interesting the experience of having to walk with the legs spread like a crab for a day.
Using it at night while sleeping.
Always "understood" the lauric acid, caprylic acid or capric acid to have therapeutic properties.... Antifungal.... Antibacterial....

tara

Alot of baby powder on your thighs and groin after you shower will make this problem go away, if you dont have baby powder corn starch also works great!!
I think it can be helpful if the skin is undamaged. If the skin is already raw, I'd be wary of getting lots of talc in it, especially if it's perfumed etc.

shepherdgirl

@Mr. God of Cars
This is probably not Peaty, but it might be helpful in the short run: there is this stuff called Body Glide that is an anti-chafing stick. I thought it worked very well. The camping/hiking store Eastern Mountain Sports used to sell it, maybe biking or running/sports stores might carry it too.
I hope you are able to stop the chafing somehow!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals