How to lower TSH

movebetter

Hi, I am wondering how best to lower TSH.

My last test was TSH (Blood Spot) 4.1 H µU/mL 0.5-3.

Thank

cs3000

Hi, I am wondering how best to lower TSH.

My last test was TSH (Blood Spot) 4.1 H µU/mL 0.5-3.

Thank
. u can buy t3 / or t4-t3 with a 2:1 ratio of t3 (taken orally)
6mcg - 9mcg t3 taken in the morning, then waiting a couple hours for it to peak. and topping up with 3mcg - 6mcg t3

. eating a decent amount of carbs helps t4 to t3 conversion , which lowers TSH. maybe 200g - 300g carbs over a day would cover it
. avoiding soy, cabbage & broccoli if iodine intake isnt high. or avoiding it taking same time as thyroid
. small amounts of selenium and iodine needed , micro gram amounts (too high can reverse)
. adequate iron intake needed (best from heme, many damaging forms)

Last edited:

mgrabs

6mcg - 9mcg t3 taken in the morning, then waiting a couple hours for it to peak. and topping up with 3mcg - 6mcg t3

. eating a decent amount of carbs helps t4 to t3 conversion , which lowers TSH. maybe 200g - 300g carbs over a day would cover it
. avoiding soy, cabbage & broccoli if iodine intake isnt high. or avoiding it taking same time as thyroid
. small amounts of selenium and iodine needed , micro gram amounts (too high can reverse)
Its not good to go over hiw much of iodine?

OP
movebetter

movebetter

thanks,

what form/brand of t3 or t4-t3 is best?
what are the best carbs to be eating?

cs3000

@mgrabs > few hundred micrograms. u only need small amounts for thyroid like 100mcg or less i think. thyroid often adjusts when taking mg amounts but for some people it doesnt, and iodide can induce oxidative stress at high mg amounts. tho has some therapeutic use in inflammatory disorders

thanks,

what form/brand of t3 or t4-t3 is best?
what are the best carbs to be eating?
t4-t3 ratio of 2:1*

carbs source probably doesnt matter much if you tolerate the food sources. but simplest = sucrose & wheat

it should take ~30mcg daily t3 to reverse effects of hypothyroid over a few weeks. or lower when combined with 2:1 t4:t3 but depends. generally decently tolerated if spread out. adverse effects get more likely when approaching 50mcg total instead. i would take orally instead of topically. and w/o food

& usually if there's malabsorption issues dose is increased +30% , so 9mcg would be upped to 12mcg instead. or taken with something that increases stomach acidity if its really weak like ascorbic acid.
daily administration of 25 mcg LT3 during 3–4 weeks was well tolerated by patients, with no specific ADRs reported
Also, in a much older population (22 patients; 81 ± 8 years old), treatment with LT3 (25 mcg/day) for 4 weeks was associated with a 25% elevation in fasting serum T3 and an 85% reduction in serum TSH
In the 25 mcg-patients, ADRs were not different than in patients who received placebo (18%). Only in the 50 mcg-patient group, about 30% of the patients exhibited ADRs (palpitation, sweating, and/or nervousness) that either interfered with their normal functioning or outweighed the therapeutic benefit
When combined with t4 - The mean daily dose needed to restore euthyroidism and bring serum TSH back to the reference range contains ∼11 mcg T3; some patients may require higher DTE doses, which can bring the daily T3 dose to ∼24 mcg

1685354853742.png
<- (high dose temperature duration)

Attachments

• 1685354459757.png
    1685354459757.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals