Is It Possible To Safely Raise My TSH?

Connor888

I know lowering TSH is usually the goal, but I can't get prescription thyroid unless my tsh is >5 and I would like to give synthetic thyroid a try -

My tsh was 3.3 the last time I had it checked. Basal temps below 36 and pretty much no effect while taking 5 grains of NDT I bought online

Gustav3Y

Is it not possible to get another doctor with a different view? Prescription if TSH is only over 5 sounds a bit too much from an endo doctor.

Who knows what infection you might develop with forcing higher TSH with those low temps.
Have you tried more than one thermometer and more than one to measure you temperature? Under 36C is very low.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Is it not possible to get another doctor with a different view? Prescription if TSH is only over 5 sounds a bit too much from an endo doctor.

Who knows what infection you might develop with forcing higher TSH with those low temps.
Have you tried more than one thermometer and more than one to measure you temperature? Under 36C is very low.

yeah i tried two different thermometers and its usually always about the same ,
everytime i've had my thyroid tested they write no action required on my notes because my" tsh is within range" even though my body feels like ice. i really dont know if they'd take it seriously. i wouldn't mind but my ft4 was 20 with a ref range of 10-20 the last time they checked it so they might of listened if i was 1 point higher on my t4 ...

Gustav3Y

I mean like I have said to further ruin your health to get a prescription I do not think it is good, I always feel like getting sick when my temperature is low (feeling like ice), so there are risks, infections can be really bad and affect one for life, often people do not realize how much a simple infection can do.

Maybe you have insurance and might not want to pay various private consultations because you know other doctors would react similarly, but in reality you will have to keep trying, I know there aren't many endo's in a town to try, going to another town to see the opinion of another endo is sometimes a solution.

Of course having high adrenaline could also make you feel like ice, but those low temperatures and high TSH aren't good either.

Jennifer

I know lowering TSH is usually the goal, but I can't get prescription thyroid unless my tsh is >5 and I would like to give synthetic thyroid a try -

My tsh was 3.3 the last time I had it checked. Basal temps below 36 and pretty much no effect while taking 5 grains of NDT I bought online
If you don’t mind paying out of pocket, IdeaLabs makes synthetic thyroid:

TyroMix

Tyronene

retroactive

Go low carb for a while before your next thyroid test? I mean I wouldn't do it but it could work i think

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals