Hello From Australia, I Can't Believe I'm Allowed Icecream

tara

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Does this translate to "your freend in the freedge"? :lol:

Yes indeed. Australia is pretty mean to NZ, we always use their accents as funny jokes. One of our ads is for timber decking oil... "Boys and their decks..."

chispas

I live in Sydney, and I can recommend Aldi for some Peat-friendly foods on a budget, including:

Haribo golden bears
Apple puree / fruit cups / mixed fruits - no calcium chloride, unlike Woolworths and Coles
Cheese streamers cheese sticks are pretty good, cheaper than the competition
Organic milk and butter is great at Aldi
Medjool dates and dried cranberries are also cheaper at Aldi, and taste great combined with a few macadamias
Arabica dried coffee is pretty good too

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I live in Sydney, and I can recommend Aldi for some Peat-friendly foods on a budget, including:

Haribo golden bears
Apple puree / fruit cups / mixed fruits - no calcium chloride, unlike Woolworths and Coles
Medjool dates and dried cranberries are also cheaper at Aldi, and taste great combined with a few macadamias
How good is Aldi! And Aldi Cheese!

Unfortunately I usually also walk out with an electric lawn mower, or a kettle bell, or a vaccuum sealer or something... sucker.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Yep, and the non-pulp juice isn't bad either, although not as tasty as nudie juice.

Yeah same here lol.
It's actually pretty ironic that I impulse bought a kettlebell from there years ago, which then caused me to crush some nerves in my spine, which led me to this great osteo who works with the other osteo who has put me onto peat style diets.

Thanks for your tips. I am pretty gluten sensitive so not sure about the gummy bears, even glucose syrup from wheat seems to upset me. I am going to buy a candy thermometer this weekend so i can make my own marshmallows though!!!!

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Haribo golden bears
So i bought gummy bears. They taste delicious but they hurt my mouth and make me nauseus :( But the cheese sticks are good!

Makrosky

LOL! I was also surprised by the "I'm allowed" thing. You are allowed to eat anything, for gods sake. Start being more rebelious. It kickstarts the thyroid. I would start by eating a good chunk of salmon or any oily fish. Just in case Peat could be wrong.

Now seriously,
Start slowly. Read a lot. The body needs time to adapt.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Nobody can put you in a Peat style diet becauae there isn't one. YOU put yourself into a position of reading the material and then .... Percieve, think, act.

Welcome aboard! :)
Ok so you're right, he didn't even mention peat. He did give me a push in the direction of bioenergetics. I'm trying to figure the rest out with some help! Unfortunately I have some issues with the perceive side of things, hahaha

Footscray

Hello there Walker and all here in Australia. I'm down in the Geelong region and have been fumbling along for a couple of years now trying my best to understand this thing called metabolism. As I feel I've cooked mine and observe friends, family, work colleagues and anyone really, with varying degrees of metabolic health. It's interesting to see people going in the same direction that I went as they are slowly and sometimes quickly wrecking their own.
I am particularly trying to sort out my blood sugar fluctuations as I work hard as a 'chippy' and try to bring up two active children in an active, busy 'normal' Aussie life. This forum is great and I've learnt much but it it would be good to learn a bit from someone who just 'gets it' a bit more than I do. Was the osteopath that you saw in Victoria? If not, does anyone know of anyone in Victoria who is worth seeing and talking to, to help me understand better?

chispas

So i bought gummy bears. They taste delicious but they hurt my mouth and make me nauseus :( But the cheese sticks are good!

Yeah I've often wondered about the waxes and flavours in many lollies. Gummy bears are probably the best of the bunch because they use no added vegetable gums or industrial waste products, soy, etc.

Gummy bears taste best one at a time.

Gigs

Hi from Australia.

- The best cheese I have found is sold at Coles and is parmigiano reggiano and
granda padano by Coles brand imported from Italy.

- Every ice-cream sold at Coles and Woolworths has gums in it and is deemed as not safe except Woolworths sell haagendaaz ice cream which has simple ingredients.

- Diary farmers 2% 'new' milk tastes good and hasn't got any other ingredients besides milk.

- Raw milk by Cow is sold at Harris Farms and health food stores.

- Ice Break Ice Coffee only has coffee, cane sugar and milk as ingredients, the rest have gums and stuff.

- The coca cola here is ok because it all contains cane sugar (only the red ones)

- I personally make my own oj but the brand Nudie pulp free has no added ingredients and sold at coles and woolworths.

- Saxa sea salt is pure Australian salt.

- IHerb.com is the place to buy Great Lakes Gelatin.

- Cyproheptadine is sold as Periactin and is over the counter in any pharmacy $10 for 100, 4mg tablets.

- Bayer Aspro is an ok aspirin.

- I have imported progesterone from electricalbody.com with no issues.

- I have imported NDT from pimpomproducts.com ok.

The carrots, watermelon, lychees, oranges grown in Australia are great.

Hi Benjamin; Am an Aussie (living in CA) - thanks for this list! - will be visiting my Mum again next week. I want to pick up some Periactin. Is there a "song and dance" necessary to pick it up from the Pharmacist? ie do I have to declare myself full of Hay Fever etc to get ahold of it? many thanks in advance!

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Hi Benjamin; Am an Aussie (living in CA) - thanks for this list! - will be visiting my Mum again next week. I want to pick up some Periactin. Is there a "song and dance" necessary to pick it up from the Pharmacist? ie do I have to declare myself full of Hay Fever etc to get ahold of it? many thanks in advance!

Hi,

My partner went to get it over the counter, he does have hayfever but they didn't quiz him much about it at all. They also said take two twice a day, which he did, and fell asleep at his desk. Ha.

Herbie

Hi Kat,

No just go to the counter ask for Periactin and they will ask you if you've taken it before, just say yes you have.

Its non prescription. You shouldn't have any issues.

If you say you haven't taken it then they will want to advise you on the dosage and side effects to safety reasons.

Its around $10

Gigs

Hi,

My partner went to get it over the counter, he does have hayfever but they didn't quiz him much about it at all. They also said take two twice a day, which he did, and fell asleep at his desk. Ha.
Appreciate the info - thanks so much!

Gigs

Hi Kat,

No just go to the counter ask for Periactin and they will ask you if you've taken it before, just say yes you have.

Its non prescription. You shouldn't have any issues.

If you say you haven't taken it then they will want to advise you on the dosage and side effects to safety reasons.

Its around $10

Great info - much appreciated!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom