Got Prescribed Ciprofloxacin Today, What To Do?

Ledo

I have been badgering my GP about a left side pain just below the rib cage which coincides with the top of the colon as it turns 90 degrees across the front of the body.

Blood work showed disturbed white blood counts,
Neutrophil 4% Low 60 - 70% range
Bands 1% Low 3 - 5 %
The rest, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils all High and out of range. Evidently this is a somewhat rare combination?

Other symptoms maybe related are floating stools with white gook stuck on.

I had an ultrasound which was clear. Two week followup showed worsening WBC and the additional tumor marker test, CA 19-9 show just out of high end of range so I was referred to an oncologist/hemo guy who felt it was not a cancer profile at all judging by all the bloods (rbc's etc) which had greatly improved by that time.

I declined contrast cat scan he said it was okay to wait. This was 1 year ago.

Today at the yearly physical I complained about the pain as usual and with the urinalysis showing an infection, he wants me to take cypro.

I don't know if these two infections can be or are related but now I think I have real problems. Does anyone have advice? @haidut does this level of infection warrant antibiotics (you mentioned something the other day) or would you do something different?

yerrag

These fluoroquinolones are very effective and commonly used for urinary bladder infections. Cipro is only one in the fluoro class. Levofloxacin or Levoquin is another.

It's best to avoid them, if it can be helped. Levofloxacin carries a black-box warning. I would that doctors use other kinds of antibiotics before using these. I read there are macroglide antibiotics that can be used, which do not have as adverse side effects as these. In my experience, with my parents who passed away already, their reliance of these antibiotics led them to lose a lot of their brain functions, and eventually they have difficulty even with swallowing. I think that the weakest point in us in in our urinary bladder. Even if one if healthy, the urinary bladder can often be infected, and the use of fluoroquinolones to treat them becomes a problem with recurring use.

If you take it, make sure you have enough blood sugar. Low blood sugar will amplify its effects on your brain. Its excitotoxic effects get amplified.

I would rather if you use some natural antibiotics first. A good colloidal silver brand is Mesosilver. Don't google it and start to believe the quack medical establishment, as the first thing you usually see in Google searches are establishment propaganda. Order it from Amazon and give it a look see. There is a theerapeutic dose and a maintenance dose. There is a thread here on copper acetate, which acts the same way as colloidal silver.

This is an interesting but possibly helpful read, which I saved from one of the threads: Cooling Inflammation: Cure for Inflammatory Diseases

Best to avoid Ciprofloxacin and definitely do not become dependent on them. Will definitely destroy your brain.

Constatine

Ciprofloxacin is one of the more dangerous antibiotics. Try sitting in the sun for the entire duration of the day for a while and see if it clears up. This is obviously difficult if you live in a colder climate though.

Dhair

DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. Flouroqinolone poisoning ruined my life and countless others. I am a young man, and I can no longer live a normal life because of these drugs.
By law your doctor has to prescribe you something else besides flouroqinolones if you refuse them. If the infection can be treated by another kind of drug (it can), then you need to call your doctor and work something out with him.

OP
L

Ledo

Guys, thanks so much!

I plan on getting back to you in detail, this morning I have the Doc on the phone and have given him an earful regarding Flouroquinolones, I must give him a chance to get back to me and weight his response. Thanks again.

Edit:

Ugh!! I just noticed in my original post I referred to Cipro as Cypro. This is a big mistake, very sorry.

Cipro = ciprofloxacin a power flouroquinolone based antibiotic.
Cypro = cyproheptadine an antihistamine.

Last edited:

Peata

I had a UTI last month with some of the most horrible pain I've ever experienced. If the pain had gone to my kidneys, I definitely would have gone to the doctor, but it stayed in the U tract. I took at least 13 aspirin over the afternoon and evening. The pain went away after I took the last aspirin and didn't return, but I had massive ear ringing half the night. It gave me anxiety and insomnia. I took some K2 to help it.

The burning when urinating improved and kept improving although it lingered mildly for about a week.

I DON'T recommend doing what I did with the aspirin because I probably overdosed myself. I'm just saying what I did because I was desperate because of the severe pain.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
D-Mannose has been discussed on the forum before and apparently seems to be very effective.

OP
L

Ledo

I had a UTI last month with some of the most horrible pain I've ever experienced. If the pain had gone to my kidneys, I definitely would have gone to the doctor, but it stayed in the U tract. I took at least 13 aspirin over the afternoon and evening. The pain went away after I took the last aspirin and didn't return, but I had massive ear ringing half the night. It gave me anxiety and insomnia. I took some K2 to help it.

The burning when urinating improved and kept improving although it lingered mildly for about a week.

I DON'T recommend doing what I did with the aspirin because I probably overdosed myself. I'm just saying what I did because I was desperate because of the severe pain.
Thanks Peata, I was very surprised by the urinalysis show infection indicators during yesterdays physical, I had no pain or indication whatsoever!
I forgot to ask if it could be reflecting a systemic infection elsewhere in the body which I most likely have with the intestinal pain mentioned in OP or if this is simply an unrelated UTI. I will follow up on that point.

OP
L

Ledo

solid advice.
As @CLASH would say, "haha" . Yes I know it appears as solid advice but let me give a little more back story as I'm waiting for this doc to call me back.
In addition to the two possible infections backed up by blood work and urine scan which may or may not be related, the past 6 months have resulted in about 15 pounds weight loss, 177# down to 163. I really didn't have much fat to lose, its been mostly lean mass. I had fought really hard to get my health and weight back up from when it crashed after the SHTF. I was doing extremely well and felt mostly recovered. I even had tremendous hair comeback with a thickening throughout and filling in what had receded at the hairline. This has fallen back very recently though and a new round of scalp messaging hasn't had the same effect.

So the weight loss when I was very careful to maintain calories even with lowering exercising and activity is a bad sign, very bad not to mention my hair falling back (come on dang it man, is there no grace around here?) and new maybe infection starts to make you think do I need this ABX?

I just saying weightloss in particular is scary at least for me where I'm coming from health wise because it has me boxed in. I feel best when I leave out starch as I definetly have a Ankylosing spondylitis condition in my upper neck which can at times be so bad I have to hold my head when I lay down and it is very visible arthritis on MRI. It started when I broke my ill fated low carb diet by eating carbs (starch) with the PHD which helped me tremendously except for the flu like condition that went down my back head and into my upper spine. I remember thinking WTF was that. Coming out of that diet my immunity was crashed and the starch fed something that got away until my immunity came back online but it was long enough to develop antibodies I'm postulating.

So when I was recently at 177 it was no starch all juice and some milk carbs but I was maintaining and then the infection and then the crash in weight. Unless I load on starch as well I can't keep weight up but if I eat starch it hits my spine in a very serious way. It is a problem hence me wondering do I need this powerful ABX?

I also have a history with right side weakness dating back 4 years now that seems very endotoxin related, starch aggravates it juice carbs don't. But did the sugar carbs cause the digestive problem as you know who contends? I don't know.

I think I am very senstive to the kind of excito toxicity cipro causes when it hits the brain in people, maybe it is the bacteria it is taking out that kills brain cells along with the bugs, that may explain it, its not the cipro per se but the endotoxin from the bugs after cipro does its work? Again I don't know.

One thing I will drill into my kids (in a kind gentle way) is don't ever become immuno compromised in any way, drugs, diet, parties, exposure to toxins known or unknown, etc.

This Dr hasn't called me. Mea culpa, I took two cipro doses yesterday and by night I was feel the tingling the strongest its been in a long time in the right hip so it was doing something. Do I push through and kill bugs and hope for minimal collateral damage or try for a slow route of killing bugs some other way? Both are risky, Thanks everybody, I very much appreciate the attention given on my problem

Frankdee20

Ciprofloxacin, and it’s entire family of analogues, made me insane via GABA interaction. I had to stop after day 3.

OP
L

Ledo

Peata

Thanks Peata, I was very surprised by the urinalysis show infection indicators during yesterdays physical, I had no pain or indication whatsoever!
I forgot to ask if it could be reflecting a systemic infection elsewhere in the body which I most likely have with the intestinal pain mentioned in OP or if this is simply an unrelated UTI. I will follow up on that point.
There have been posts on the forum about aspirin being anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, curing sepsis, and that was another reason I took it besides for the pain (to see if it would clear up the UTI).

OP
L

Ledo

There have been posts on the forum about aspirin being anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, curing sepsis, and that was another reason I took it besides for the pain (to see if it would clear up the UTI).
BTW, glad you are over the extreme pain! Not good right? Yes, 13 aspirin seems extreme for a first dose at least but I'm always amazed at some things I do that seem just right at the time but later on, oh man, can't believe I did that !!

Glad you are better.

Peata

BTW, glad you are over the extreme pain! Not good right? Yes, 13 aspirin seems extreme for a first dose at least but I'm always amazed at some things I do that seem just right at the time but later on, oh man, can't believe I did that !!

Glad you are better.
Thanks, I didn't pop them all at once, but took 2 or 3 aspirin every hour from about 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. After the last dose, the pain just completely stopped and didn't come back. It was wonderful after suffering like I was. I assumed the aspirin killed most of the bacteria, but it took about a week to get the stinging when urinating to stop completely, though it wasn't bad. (I didn't take anymore aspirin after that one day).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals