Got covid?

Tuesday I was fine. But by the afternoon, I was very sneezy and felt bad. Wednesday 101.3F fever and felt terrible, body aches etc. coughing yellow phlegm. Took 2 azithromycins.

Today, Thursday, feel much better. Took one azithromycin. Still feel crappy. But can’t smell a thing. And taste is really near zero. Sweets are sweet, salties are salty. But beyond that…nothin’.

also taking aspirin and cyproheptadine. To me it’s a flu. I am hoping not to get pneumonia. That’s about it.

miquelangeles

Drink hot water throughout the day. I was able to stop a cold from taking over several times.
With increased temperature viral replication is dramatically reduced.

OP
ecstatichamster
Drink hot water throughout the day. I was able to stop a cold from taking over several times.
With increased temperature viral replication is dramatically reduced.

thanks. I’m taking thyroid too. Good point about temps. Will start hot water.

miquelangeles

thanks. I’m taking thyroid too. Good point about temps.
It's harmless, it works and it helps in many other ways too. You have to drink it very warm, as much as you can tolerate to comfortably swallow without burning your esophagus. Much of the effect of herbal infusions actually comes from the hot water itself.

tankasnowgod

also taking aspirin and cyproheptadine. To me it’s a flu. I am hoping not to get pneumonia. That’s about it.

I was always intrigued with the idea of taking a high amount of cypro during a cold or flu after reading this thread-

But, I haven't been sick at all since Feb 2020.

Regardless, feel better!

miquelangeles

Cyproheptadine makes perfect sense, because in all sever covid cases plasma serotonin is elevated.
It's probably best taken 3 times a day to maintain stable concentrations.

miquelangeles

Activated charcoal and lactulose are very helpful and also harmless, they will reduce the inflammation burden and allow the immune system to better fight the infection.
Charcoal will prevent dysbiosis from antibiotics. Lactulose prevents systemic endotoxemia of gut origin.

David PS

Lysine is helpful for suppressing viral replication. It important to have the ratio of lysine to arginine in your diet above 1.0.

TheSir

Is this your second time contracting the virus? Nicotine lozenges should help with getting rid of the spike proteins.

miquelangeles

Forgot to mention Selenium, which is very important for covid.
Also CoQ10 deficiency is believed to cause long covid. There's a trial in Denmark with CoQ10 to prevent long covid symptoms.

OP
ecstatichamster
Is this your second time contracting the virus? Nicotine lozenges should help with getting rid of the spike proteins.

last year in March I got very, very sick. I started to recover and then bacterial pnuemonia set in (first time I've ever got it).

This time I'm better much faster and it is nothing like the first time. I have no idea if I have "the" virus or not as I don't plan on getting tested.

I took 12mg of cyproheptadine last 2 days but am not taking it today, unless I feel like it tonight.

The only reason I mention "Covid" is my sense of smell is totally gone. I do recall many times when I was sick, things would taste off. But never no taste or smell at all.

TheSir

last year in March I got very, very sick. I started to recover and then bacterial pnuemonia set in (first time I've ever got it).

This time I'm better much faster and it is nothing like the first time. I have no idea if I have "the" virus or not as I don't plan on getting tested.

I took 12mg of cyproheptadine last 2 days but am not taking it today, unless I feel like it tonight.

The only reason I mention "Covid" is my sense of smell is totally gone. I do recall many times when I was sick, things would taste off. But never no taste or smell at all.
I see. Hope you get well soon.

BobbinTook

Given your recent B vitamin experiments for what appears to be neuropathy I just want to suggest an unlikely alternative, just in case it turns out to be relevant to you.
'B12 2mg / day
magnesium 600mg X 2
niacinamide 500mg X 2
100mg biotin X 2 per day
thiamine 300mg benfotiamine'

Recently you started a high dose of biotin, biotin and B12 do work together but an excess of one may lead to deficiency in the other. There's not a lot of info that I've found on this online so this statement is largely based on my personal experience in trying to resolve what seems to be a similar neurological issue to yours over the past year and a half.

'The other way around, a biotin deficiency can also arise due to a sudden, large influx of B12 – as in high-dose initial therapy. This is because, through correcting the B12 level, the metabolic steps that were previously blocked are suddenly increasingly carried out. As a result, correspondingly larger amounts of biotin are consumed. If the biotin level is already in the lower range before B12 therapy begins, the biotin supply can be impaired.'

I believe the above quote works in both directions. Partly due to what has worsened or improved symptoms in my feet and also due to clues from acne, which high dose biotin and B12 seem to both be able to cause, but in my personal experience only when one side is too low in relation to the other.

Neuropathy seems able to come from various B deficiencies and there doesn't seem to be a one size fits all method to resolve it. If your neuropathy was stemming originally from a deficiency of B12 then taking high dose biotin would likely drive it into an extreme deficiency state. High dose thiamine might also cause/exacerbate this although the information I have found on this is conflicting (the high dose thiamine is also likely to deplete folate and B2, these could also play into the picture).

If your 2mg a day of B12 is sublingual I'd say this is less likely as you would be more sure to be absorbing a large amount of it and the manifestation of such a severe deficiency so quickly seems a lot less likely.. but if it is not and you have an issue absorbing B12 due to something like low intrinsic factor in your stomach then the already small amount of B12 that is able to be absorbed from non-sublingual oral B12 supplements in someone with a normal amount of IF could become incredibly low and you might see B12 becoming more deficient despite the supplementation.

So how could this relate to your symptoms?
'Severe vitamin B12 deficiency may cause fever' Vitamin B12 and vitamin d deficiencies: an unusual cause of Fever, severe hemolytic anemia and thrombocytopenia - PubMed

'The article deals with the case of a patient who had a partial gastrectomy and developed a vitamin B12 deficiency syndrome with anemia, myelopathy and complete loss of the senses of taste and smell. Regression of the symptoms followed liberal dosing with vitamin B12. '

My sourcing isn't great and it's based on some quick searches to see if there could be any relation, but I'm sure you get the picture.. Fever and the loss of taste/smell could stem from a severe B12 deficiency.
As I mentioned it likely isn't related but just in case it turns out to be helpful to you and is something that doesn't get picked up on in any other way.. If you do explore this avenue I'd try a high dose sublingual MethylB12 or Adenosyl/Methyl combo. I'd also add some B2 in case that is low due to the high doses of other Bs and to make sure B12 is able to be used.

Whatever it is, am wishing you a swift recovery.

OP
ecstatichamster
I don’t like the loss of smell sense. That was abrupt. Happened yesterday afternoon.

I've never submitted to a Covid test.

masterjohn—i am watching now. Thank you @Mito

Beastmode

I don’t like the loss of smell sense. That was abrupt. Happened yesterday afternoon.

Not a suggestion, but have you looked into Mercola's stuff on nebulizing hydrogen peroxide?

People I know swear by it's effects, but I haven't had a reason to use it.

OP
ecstatichamster
Not a suggestion, but have you looked into Mercola's stuff on nebulizing hydrogen peroxide?

People I know swear by it's effects, but I haven't had a reason to use it.

i have not. Btw he is taking down all his stuff.

Lollipop2

Lysine is helpful for suppressing viral replication. It important to have the ratio of lysine to arginine in your diet above 1.0.
I take lysine with milk because of milk’s high lysine content - sort of like enhancing the milk.

Lollipop2

@ecstatichamster try sniffing strong essential oils - will bring that smell back fast. I used peppermint and lemon. Did for me last year. I also will never get tested as I do not believe in the virus being “real” - most likely was influenza A which was circulating pretty heavily last year:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom