Goiter/Triglycerides Lab Help

natedawggh

Hi,

So I FINALLY got actual labs after one year and three different doctors (the first one wouldn't do labs and the second one wouldn't show me the labs).

An ultrasound of my thyroid showed a slight goiter, with a few small benign nodes on them. Also came back with high Triglycerides (360), and there was some blood in the urine test (though I didn't notice that at all).

She suggested I could have kidney stone. I do have general lower back pain, but nothing sharp.

I've been taking thyroid for about six months (cytomel) and I eat a lot of saturated fat, I guess, but the doctor said my full fat milk intake wasn't to blame. I did have a history of excessive alcohol use, but my liver panel came back as perfect. I didn't start drinking milk until after I had a decline in health and read Ray peat. I've had the same symptoms since before then.

Everything else seemed to be fine, but unfortunately they did not test cortisol (why is that not standard?) Blood pressure is great, testosterone is 495, carbon dioxide is 22. Does anyone know what could possibly be going on? I have an endocrinology appt. soon.

I also take pregnenolone and progesterone, b vitamins, and eat a lot of fruit and potatoes, meat only ever three or four days.

tara

If you haven't read wikipedia page on kidney stones, I found it interesting. There's a bit on the basic chemistry of stone formation, and the conditions that allow different kinds of stones to form. Mentions dilution of urine and high or low UpH levels, dietary and endogenous (is that the right word?) acids, etc. encouraging formation of different kinds of stones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidney_stone

I'm sure Peat would have ideas too, but can't recall specifics.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals