Aldosterone lab

has anyone had this blood work done?
I just Got it done and showed 16.3ng/dl with a normal range of 0.0-30.
Im assuming 0.0 may be optimol.
While I was eating a ton of salt when this lab was drawn, I was also low carb at the time.
I will get the lab done again after a few more months of peat.
anyone else have personal experience with this lab?

By the way I also have lots of blood work before lowcarb, 3 months into low carb, 6 months into low carb, and a thyroid and hormone after just 1 week of adding carbs back. If anyone is interested. Includes Full thyroid , chem 20, co2, full hormone, PTH, prolactin ect.. and the trend is very amusing.
In a few weeks I will be getting some more labs that will show results of over a month of peat.
Still need a whole blood serotonin.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
embs2001 said:
By the way I also have lots of blood work before lowcarb, 3 months into low carb, 6 months into low carb, and a thyroid and hormone after just 1 week of adding carbs back.
It would be interesting to know what happened while on low carb, then switching over to Peat.

OP
E
Well to make a long story short. C02 from 27 to 25 to 22.
Bun creatinine ratio from 10 to 15 to 26
t3 free and total got lower then lower and marked below lab range
t4 free and total got lower then lower
^^Both were In normal range before lc
Reverse T3 at 22
Tsh hovered around 1.5
Cholesterol of all forms went through the roof, was normal before lc
trigs went up
sex hormone binding globulin wen up higher than range
homocystine from 10 to 12
pregnenalone 72 ng/dl during lc
Testosterone started off in range, during lc got lower then lower Marked below lab range
Bad estradiol progesterone ratio
estrone was 75pg/ml during lc and 89pg/ml during vlc both above lab range
So as you can see lc wrecked my labs.
LC did seem to improve my Hba1C but thats it.

I also had serum calcium of 10.4mg/dl normal range of 8.7-10.2 and PTH of 29 pg/ml normal range of 15-65 ,so im not sure how to interpret that one???

OP
E
and with out labs , i my body temps and libido have gone up a ton since peat. so labs should show good things.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
embs2001 said:
Well to make a long story short. C02 from 27 to 25 to 22.
Bun creatinine ratio from 10 to 15 to 26
t3 free and total got lower then lower and marked below lab range
t4 free and total got lower then lower
^^Both were In normal range before lc
Reverse T3 at 22
Tsh hovered around 1.5
Cholesterol of all forms went through the roof, was normal before lc
trigs went up
sex hormone binding globulin wen up higher than range
homocystine from 10 to 12
pregnenalone 72 ng/dl during lc
Testosterone started off in range, during lc got lower then lower Marked below lab range
Bad estradiol progesterone ratio
estrone was 75pg/ml during lc and 89pg/ml during vlc both above lab range
So as you can see lc wrecked my labs.
LC did seem to improve my Hba1C but thats it.

Pretty much everything you would expect from a diet that is dramatically lowering the metabolism. Add in a bunch of flax seed oil or something like that and you could hit hibernation pretty quick. :shock:

OP
E
haha I felt more like hibernation the lower carb i went. Never got the burst of energy or any other of the claimed benefits of low carb. I still wonder why i did it for so long. I guess i was a true believer.

OP
E
i think my cortisol and adrenaline levels were already maxed out before low carb hints the reason i never got the energy or well being some claim when starting low carb.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
embs2001 said:
i think my cortisol and adrenaline levels were already maxed out before low carb hints the reason i never got the energy or well being some claim when starting low carb.
That could have definitely been the reason. You were already running on emergency power, then the low carb killed the emergency power.

OP
E
Its a shame because for 2 weeks before paleo, i did just gluten free but still high on carbs/starches. I felt amazing. I thought paleo would make me feel that much better. instead 6 months down the road and I realized paleo screwed me up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals