My Thyroid Blood Labs - Need Help Interpreting Them

Obes89

Hi Everybody:

I had some labs done a day after i felt really bad, waking up with a body temp of 96. After i took some iodine for a few days. Seems like my Thyroid reacted quite sensitive. i felt really bad and it took me some time to recover. I'm still not back at a 100% but quite good.

My Labs from october 12th:
(From a Doctor Appointement)
TSH: 2.17
fT4: 1.3 (0.89-1.7)
fT3: 2.59 (1.8- 4.2)

My Labs from october 30th:
(this Labs are from a privat lab, because the first doctor told me everything is fine and it doesn't seem to be a thyroid related problem)

TSH: 1.52
fT4: 1.26 ng/dl (0.8-1.7)
fT3: 3.54 ng/l (2.3-4.2)

for me it seems like my fT3 is way higher in the later Test. But the Problem is, the first lab Test Show the fT3 in pg not in ng. So i wasn't quite sure how to interpret it.
Some Help would make me happy.

Nice Day Everybody and i hope you all are healthy and doing good.

Greetings from Germany

Hans

It was most likely stress hormones that blocked your thyroid from working 100% and not so much a thyroid level problem. Have you slept properly, eaten properly, etc?
Did something happen that you felt bad? Thyroid doesn't suddenly tank that you wake up with a temp of 96. Something else caused the drop in temp. Perhaps gut related?

Obes89

It was most likely stress hormones that blocked your thyroid from working 100% and not so much a thyroid level problem. Have you slept properly, eaten properly, etc?
Did something happen that you felt bad? Thyroid doesn't suddenly tank that you wake up with a temp of 96. Something else caused the drop in temp. Perhaps gut related?

Thanks for the reply. It happened after i felt some discomfort in the thyroid area, (after taking some iodine) that i never experienced before. And in the Days after that, i had almost no bowelmovements, the hair on my head, body and my beard almost stopped growing for some time. And it's still not at 100% I still not look very healthy and good, compared to normal. And i gained some, but for me very noticabely bodyfat or water retention very quickly on my belly and had days were i fellt depressed and somewhat apathetic.And my Bodytemperature was around 97-97.5 for some time after that and was slowly climbing up. But for like 10 days it was a little up and down.
And a Week after the first symptoms i went to another doctor because i was still not ok. And he measured me at a little bit over 100,5, so feverish and and hour later i was at 97.9. Thats why i thought about thyroid inflammation.

i felt good the Days before that.

Last edited:

Hans

Thanks for the reply. It happened after i felt some discomfort in the thyroid area, (after taking some iodine) that i never experienced before. And in the Days after that, i had almost no bowelmovements, the hair on my head, body and my beard almost stopped growing for some time. And it's still not at 100% I still not look very healthy and good, compared to normal. And i gained some, but for me very noticabely bodyfat or water retention very quickly on my belly and had days were i fellt depressed and somewhat apathetic.And my Bodytemperature was around 97-97.5 for some time after that and was slowly climbing up. But for like 10 days it was a little up and down.
Thats why i thought about thyroid inflammation.

i felt good the Days before that.
So you took iodine and then that happened?
How much did you take?

Obes89

So you took iodine and then that happened?
How much did you take?

Yes after i took lugols iodine at 2.5 mg. But i wanted to take way less and switched to tablets for some days at 600-800 mcg a day. in the past i took lugols, years ago and never had problems. infact it pushed my metabolism quite good back then. At 2.5 mg a day i was burning fat without doing anything and had amazing energy and drive.

Obes89

Can Somebody tell me how to interprete the difference in fT3? For me it seems like it was way higher in the second testing. But in the first it was pg and in the second ng. And i don't know how to compare picogramm and nanongramm in such labs.

greetings