Lab Results - Glucose, Liver, Triglycerides, Cortisol Is Abnormal

Parsifal

Some ideas:

- Yoghurt contains some lactic acid. I don't know how much you are eating but I believe it also contains a lot of PUFA. Seems that you are eating fatty fish almost everyday as well.
- Kiwi is estrogenic and allergenic according to Peat and Watermelon is very high in L-citruline which converts to NO. I would try to eat better fruits...
- In my opinion you are not eating enough proteins/calcium.
- Eating some food with a bit of chromium (cinnamon) might help with insulin resistance but be careful to not get into a hypoglycemic state.
- Your TSH seems too high, try to listen to some Peat interviews and what he says about T4 and TSH.
- High cortisol might be a sign of inflammation and not eating enough sugar (or using the one that you eat). I believe that starch increases my cortisol so I prefer to avoid it because it is bad for me but not the same for everyone though.
But someone said that salivary tests are not good so trust your body.
- Raw carrot salad?

answersfound

Parsifal said:
post 107152 Some ideas:

- Kiwi is estrogenic and allergenic according to Peat and Watermelon is very high in L-citruline which converts to NO. I would try to eat better fruits...

This is a bunch of garbage. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating these fruits. I can't stand Peat Nazis nitpicking minute details like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsifal

answersfound said:
Parsifal said:
post 107152 Some ideas:

This is a bunch of garbage. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating these fruits. I can't stand Peat Nazis nitpicking minute details like this.
Hey come on, relax and read between the lines, I was only telling him some ideas because obviously the guy is stagnating with his health issues, no dogma or obligation here, it is just based on my personal experience and my current understanding of Peat (I'm allergic to kiwis and watermelon gives me some problems too, so I assumed that it could maybe give him problems as well).

I don't know what's wrong with you but I have read some agressive/judgemental posts from you lately. To make things clear: I'm not a Peat Nazi nor I consider myself as a Peatarian because I don't care to identify my ego with any system of thoughts or social group, I prefer to stay independent even if that means being ostricized.

Also, if you can't understand that some people may have problems that would require a different lifestyle and health protocol than yours, then you should try to work on your way to interract with ideas and other people because you are the only one guys I've seen acting like a nazi/facist on this forum yet, everyone else is very polite, intelligent, funny and with deep ideas, not judging uselessly.

Have a good day :hattip.

answersfound

Parsifal said:
post 107182
answersfound said:
Parsifal said:
post 107152 Some ideas:

Hey come on, relax and read between the lines, I was only telling him some ideas because obviously the guy is stagnating with his health issues, no dogma or obligation here, it is just based on my personal experience and my current understanding of Peat (I'm allergic to kiwis and watermelon gives me some problems too, so I assumed that it could maybe give him problems as well).

I don't know what's wrong with you but I have read some agressive/judgemental posts from you lately. To make things clear: I'm not a Peat Nazi nor I consider myself as a Peatarian because I don't care to identify my ego with any system of thoughts or social group, I prefer to stay independent even if that means being ostricized.

Also, if you can't understand that some people may have problems that would require a different lifestyle and health protocol than yours, then you should try to work on your way to interract with ideas and other people because you are the only one guys I've seen acting like a nazi/facist on this forum yet, everyone else is very polite, intelligent, funny and with deep ideas, not judging uselessly.

Have a good day :hattip.

Okay, sorry! :)

Parsifal

answersfound said:
Okay, sorry! :)
No problem mate, sorry too because I think I've rampaged a bit too much here :lol:.
My english is quite floppy so it's possible that I'm not expressing my ideas precisely like I would in my native language too...

OP
Y

yoshiesque

Appreciate you guys kissing & making up, good to see that kind of behavior on forums. But this is not about you guys OR me....its about my liver!

Parsifal said:
- Yoghurt contains some lactic acid. I don't know how much you are eating but I believe it also contains a lot of PUFA. Seems that you are eating fatty fish almost everyday as well.
- In my opinion you are not eating enough proteins/calcium.
- Eating some food with a bit of chromium (cinnamon) might help with insulin resistance but be careful to not get into a hypoglycemic state.
- Your TSH seems too high, try to listen to some Peat interviews and what he says about T4 and TSH.
- High cortisol might be a sign of inflammation and not eating enough sugar (or using the one that you eat). I believe that starch increases my cortisol so I prefer to avoid it because it is bad for me but not the same for everyone though.
But someone said that salivary tests are not good so trust your body.
- Raw carrot salad?

Alright, I have to say Parsifal, your post is a little extreme on the assumptions.

Yoghurt - It does not contain PUFA. I mean if it did, then so does milk. Yoghurt is literally just milk boiled, then warmed over night with a probiotic chucked in. Thats it. The only issue with yoghurt is lactic acid and also RP believes a more sterile gut is important. Kiwi & Watermelon are great and I am not going to blame abnormal blood tests on these two fruit. You are right about proteins/calcium. You are kinda nitpicking on the diet.

The bottom line is, I most likely have insulin issues and cant really afford to gain much fat. For some, weight gain (fat) can lead to mild fatty liver. I reckon thats the case with me. I am going to get back to my lean weight and see how things go.

tara

yoshiesque said:
post 107895 Alright, I have to say Parsifal, your post is a little extreme on the assumptions.

Yoghurt - It does not contain PUFA. I mean if it did, then so does milk. Yoghurt is literally just milk boiled, then warmed over night with a probiotic chucked in. Thats it. The only issue with yoghurt is lactic acid and also RP believes a more sterile gut is important. Kiwi & Watermelon are great and I am not going to blame abnormal blood tests on these two fruit. You are right about proteins/calcium. You are kinda nitpicking on the diet.

The bottom line is, I most likely have insulin issues and cant really afford to gain much fat. For some, weight gain (fat) can lead to mild fatty liver. I reckon thats the case with me. I am going to get back to my lean weight and see how things go.

You don't have to accept or agree with or follow any ideas people give you, but you can still appreciate that people are trying to help you.
If you don't know what is going on yourself, then maybe someone with a different perspective from you will have a useful insight that conflicts with your current habits. It looks to me as though Parsifal has giving you some ideas for your consideration, not a set of extreme orders that you have to follow.
If you don't want people to post their ideas, how about you don't ask them to in the Ask for Help or Advice forum?

Milk does contain some PUFA, and so yogurt made from milk that contains some of the milk fat will also contain some PUFA, though overall it is more saturated. I personally don't think you need to avoid 200ml yogurt for this reason, but there are people who go for extreme low fat and avoid milk fat as much as possible by eating very low fat dairy products.

Peat has said that a tsp of yogurt for flavouring is probably fine, but when he had a cup of yogurt?/keffir? daily for a while he got symptoms and stopped, suspecting the lactic acid, which he sees as a metabolic burden. It requires some extra energy and processing to deal with it. For some people, the lactic acid in yogurt can be a problem. I'm not saying it is too much for you, and I agree that Peat favours a more sterile gut, but Parsifal seems to me to be reasonable in pointing to it as a factor to consider.

You may be fine with kiwifruit and watermelon, but not everybody is - again, they are reasonable things to consider.
Anything that causes significant stress can have far reaching effects.

You may be right that you have insulin issues. The path to recovery from low carbs/low cal often seems to include dealing with a system that is not fully adapted to lots of carbs. It's not entirely clear what the best route out of that is, but I'm suspicious about restricting too much, and for some people (not all) the way out is high carb/low fat.
One of Peat's suggestions for diabetic issues is brewers yeast extract. Good mineral supply also seems important.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

tara said:
You don't have to accept or agree with or follow any ideas people give you, but you can still appreciate that people are trying to help you.
If you don't know what is going on yourself, then maybe someone with a different perspective from you will have a useful insight that conflicts with your current habits. It looks to me as though Parsifal has giving you some ideas for your consideration, not a set of extreme orders that you have to follow.
If you don't want people to post their ideas, how about you don't ask them to in the Ask for Help or Advice forum?

lol. i was pretty nice about it. What you are essentially saying is if I disagree, i need to disagree quietly. No thanks, I chose to disagree and express my opinion, without attacking the other persons identity. I was still respectful about it. I use to agree that a different perspective is always good, but it leads to the insane amount of misinformation that is out there today. Misinformation is deadly. Not that the post above was bad or anything. But if I leave a post like yoghurt having PUFAs hanging, someone coming across this page might say "oh okay better not eat that then" when MAYBE they could eat it, and the lactic acid wont be much of an issue.

I personally dont see a problem with this. I have never outright attacked someone. And I encourage people to speak up if I ever say something wrong about health, because it leads to misinformation. 99% of the health information out there is already misinformation. I feel like this is a forum where we can be honest and open minded. So thats all im doing. No need to take personal offence to a post about your views on health, it does NOT relate to who you are in reality.

tara

I don't think you should be quiet, and I have no problem with you disagreeing with other posters.
I also agree that in general, not all views are going to be helpful, and I agree with you about the value of adding more accurate information when inaccurate information seems to be presented.

I think it's a bit short on courtesy to post in a Ray Peat Forum Ask for Help section, and then criticise someone for nitpicking your diet, especially when they are drawing attention to points Peat has made.

While milk and yogurt are not high in PUFA, a few percent of the fat in milk (and therefore in yogurt) is PUFA, so from a PoV of strict accuracy, I don't think it's true to say yogurt does not contain PUFA, even though it's pretty low, like milk, and probably not a key factor for most people, as you say.

Birdie

@yoshiesque Thanks for this discussion.
I was searching "triglycerides" and put Mittir and Kirin in also, since they usually have something I appreciate.

Earlier today, I received yet one more newsletter from an MD friend of my husband with his blaming excess sugar as the main culprit, this time in it's raising triglycerides. I came to The Forum to find info beyond that more route thinking and was not disappointed.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

@Birdie

Look ill be honest with you, the triglycerides are definitely from sugar but more so excess sugar. I would actually say its excess calories, and with sugar being present in very excess calories (where weight gain is ppresent) then yes, triglycerides will go up.

I have done enough experimentation to know this. Always remember context is everything and with sugar that same thing applies. I think if you have not achieved optimal metabolism, then only consume an amount of sugar that works for you and maybe an option thats more slow release like fruits VS white sugar, juice vs coke. Then as metabolism improves, your need for sugar will increase too. Too many people on this forum smashing sugar like crazy thinking its gonna solve it all. might for some, but i reckon most will just become fatties. and we got a big group of RP Fatties here, me included.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

also triglycerides IMO are not a huge worry. probably might be over a decade but not a few months to years.

Birdie

@Birdie

Look ill be honest with you, the triglycerides are definitely from sugar but more so excess sugar. I would actually say its excess calories, and with sugar being present in very excess calories (where weight gain is ppresent) then yes, triglycerides will go up.

I have done enough experimentation to know this. Always remember context is everything and with sugar that same thing applies. I think if you have not achieved optimal metabolism, then only consume an amount of sugar that works for you and maybe an option thats more slow release like fruits VS white sugar, juice vs coke. Then as metabolism improves, your need for sugar will increase too. Too many people on this forum smashing sugar like crazy thinking its gonna solve it all. might for some, but i reckon most will just become fatties. and we got a big group of RP Fatties here, me included.

I was looking for some good Peaty answers to shoot back to the guy (my husband) who sends me this newsletter by his MD friend. He gets monthly newsletters and I like to counter with a few of Ray's thoughts. Everyone is influenced by what they read. My husband has been reading Ray's newsletters for a few years, but they only come out 4 times a year.

I agree about the excess calories and as Ray has said, people can gain excess weight by trying too hard to get every healthy ingredient. That happened to me starting with my first Adele Davis book when I was 16. I had to get a little less intense. Worked for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals