Fungal Infection... The Missing Link?

imaginaryfolk

anedoctal evidence but I used to get a little flared up the day after eating rice with a bit of shedding dead skin on the moustache area, beard and scalp became itchy.. also a bit of hair shedding. bought a topical antifungal cotrimazole used a bit on face and hair shedding stopped completely, no more inflammation after eating rice. fungus definitely overlooked as the culprit of some hidden issues. antibiotic use probably turns fungus from benign to pathogen as it spreads quickly when bacteria is nuked

OP
Sweatshop Toad
anedoctal evidence but I used to get a little flared up the day after eating rice with a bit of shedding dead skin on the moustache area, beard and scalp became itchy.. also a bit of hair shedding. bought a topical antifungal cotrimazole used a bit on face and hair shedding stopped completely, no more inflammation after eating rice. fungus definitely overlooked as the culprit of some hidden issues. antibiotic use probably turns fungus from benign to pathogen as it spreads quickly when bacteria is nuked
Yeah, rice absolutely DESTROYS me. I look pregnant for about two days after eating a bowl of it with brain fog and fatigue to beat the band. I spent a good two years on the carnivore diet and while my candida symptoms went away I experienced a host of other problems that made me return to carbs.

imaginaryfolk

Yeah, rice absolutely DESTROYS me. I look pregnant for about two days after eating a bowl of it with brain fog and fatigue to beat the band. I spent a good two years on the carnivore diet and while my candida symptoms went away I experienced a host of other problems that made me return to carbs.
have you tried oral nistatin supplementation to get rid of candida

imaginaryfolk

I have, and it was effective for about two weeks but the candida came back with a vengeance.
try nistatin + probiotic to colonize the free space the nistatin creates

also antifungals need to be taken for 4 to 8 weeks straight to do the job fungus is tougher than bacteria. berberine or cyproheptadine supplementation with nistatin to destroy the protective biofilm

OP
Sweatshop Toad
try nistatin + probiotic to colonize the free space the nistatin creates

also antifungals need to be taken for 4 to 8 weeks straight to do the job fungus is tougher than bacteria. berberine or cyproheptadine supplementation with nistatin to destroy the protective biofilm
What probiotics would you recommend? I’ve yet to find a strain my body tolerates. They always just make me sicker, foggier, more depressed and bloated than before. Been working at this since 2017 btw.

imaginaryfolk

What probiotics would you recommend? I’ve yet to find a strain my body tolerates. They always just make me sicker, foggier, more depressed and bloated than before. Been working at this since 2017 btw.
buy kefir yogurt let it sit at room temperature for 48 hours chug little sips during the day instead of all at once. add l. reuteri pill to the kefir

OP
Sweatshop Toad
buy kefir yogurt let it sit at room temperature for 48 hours chug little sips during the day instead of all at once. add l. reuteri pill to the kefir
Tried keifer many, many times over the years and unfortunately my body simply doesn’t tolerate it or any dairy for that matter. A valiant effort on your part though 🤣

Ben.

Tried keifer many, many times over the years and unfortunately my body simply doesn’t tolerate it or any dairy for that matter. A valiant effort on your part though 🤣

Any experience with ozone?

Ben.

None, yourself? Any anecdotes? I’d definitely give it a shot if I could find a setup within my price range.

Uhh not yet but i eventually go down that route if my current avenue doesnt work or turns out to be not enough. The oregano oil realy is promising btw.

The anecdotes on ozone with lyme and fungal suffering people is kinda incredible to be honest. Have you seen that thread for example?

OP
Sweatshop Toad
Uhh not yet but i eventually go down that route if my current avenue doesnt work or turns out to be not enough. The oregano oil realy is promising btw.

The anecdotes on ozone with lyme and fungal suffering people is kinda incredible to be honest. Have you seen that thread for example?
That’s an interesting link, I’ll check it out when I get home (out on my phone right now.)

Turpentine, raw carrot, pretty antifungal
Turpentine is a powerful antifungal, (I know I went through an entire bottle over several years) but I’ve since realized the fight against candida is a marathon not a sprint, and turpentine is simply too damaging to the kidneys for long term use.

As for the carrot, I’ve eaten hundreds of Peat salads (grated raw carrot, salt, coconut oil, vinegar) but unfortunately never noticed much of a benefit from them. I still have one from time to time if I’ve got a bag of carrots sitting in the fridge, though.

female87

Hoping my experience is useful!
Struggled with fungus and it’s many manifestations since I was a kid. Tried almost all of the aforementioned over the past few years including turpentine (spectacular but unsustainable;). Never tried ozone tho, too pricey.

What has made all the difference for me were two things:
Lactoferrin and/or Colostrum
Borax

Between the two, my guts have actually healed and my particular issues have fallen by the wayside AND I am out of the kill/kill/kill/rest then back to kill/kill/kill cycle.

Lots of good info on the forum about Lactoferrin (and/or Colostrum) and Borax, and how they effect fungus.

Last edited:
OP
Sweatshop Toad
Struggled with fungus and it’s many manifestations since I was a kid. Tried almost all of the aforementioned over the past few years including turpentine (spectacular but unsustainable;). Never tried ozone tho, too pricey.

Borax

Between the two, my guts have actually healed and my particular issues have fallen by the wayside AND I am out of the kill/kill/kill/rest then back to kill/kill/kill cycle.

Lots of good info on the forum about Lactoferrin (and/or Colostrum) and Borax, and how they effect fungus.
So you were taking straight Borax, as in the detergent? I’ve heard that recommendation before and I thought it was just people trolling each other into eating soap like when the zoomers were gulping down tide pods 🤣

I was taking a boron supplement in the past but I didn’t notice an improvement with my gut problems and I think it was raising my estrogen (I’m extremely gyno prone, think I may be XXY) so I dropped it.

And whenever I take colostrum the A1 casein flares up my autoimmunity in a big way so I can’t stay on it long, not doubting its efficacy though. Maybe I’ll look for A2 colostrum, I wonder if there’s even a market for that yet 🤔

FrostedShores

Borax

How did you take the borax? Just mix it with water? How much and how often? Thanks!

FrostedShores

So you were taking straight Borax, as in the detergent? I’ve heard that recommendation before and I thought it was just people trolling each other into eating soap like when the zoomers were gulping down tide pods 🤣

I was taking a boron supplement in the past but I didn’t notice an improvement with my gut problems and I think it was raising my estrogen (I’m extremely gyno prone, think I may be XXY) so I dropped it.

And whenever I take colostrum the A1 casein flares up my autoimmunity in a big way so I can’t stay on it long, not doubting its efficacy though. Maybe I’ll look for A2 colostrum, I wonder if there’s even a market for that yet 🤔
I haven't taken borax internally, but I do mix it with my bath water whenever I decide to have a soak. I believe it has helped clear my skin. I use borax, baking soda, and epsom salt, and just soak for as long as I feel comfortable. I've also tried adding tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil to my bath, as I've heard they have anti-fungal properties as well.

OP
Sweatshop Toad
I haven't taken borax internally, but I do mix it with my bath water whenever I decide to have a soak. I believe it has helped clear my skin. I use borax, baking soda, and epsom salt, and just soak for as long as I feel comfortable. I've also tried adding tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil to my bath, as I've heard they have anti-fungal properties as well.
Isn’t that kinda harsh? With all the industrial cleaning agents and fillers they put in everything I just don’t see why borax would be the exception. I wash my hair with baking soda because I can’t find a chemical-free shampoo to name just one example of how everything is pure poison as Ray might say.

FrostedShores

Isn’t that kinda harsh? With all the industrial cleaning agents and fillers they put in everything I just don’t see why borax would be the exception. I wash my hair with baking soda because I can’t find a chemical-free shampoo to name just one example of how everything is pure poison as Ray might say.
I don't do it too often; I normally take a shower, not a bath, so maybe once every two or three weeks. And the stuff I use is pure borax, no additives. I use about a cup of epsom salt and baking soda, and only about 1/5 cup of borax. I've read conflicting things about borax - some people say it's perfectly safe and a natural substance, others say it's horrible and should be avoided. I haven't had any problems with it as of yet.

wtf

I must weigh in here... Ive been doing some research lately on boric acid and borax and there antifungal activites as I too have struggled with fungal infections for the past 15 years. Mine however are dermatological, or at least that is where they are most noticeable. Over the years ive fought off the infections in my groin and feet with many substances. Of note were flowers of sulphur except of the retched smell and durring hunting season I try and be as scent free as possible for the best chances on a whitetail. I hope my girlfriend forgives me. Borax and boric acid, which are the same depending on pH were the miracle workers. They both have some outstanding fungistatic and fungicidal properties at super low minimumn inhibiton concentrations (MICs). The mechanism is hardly well studied but has been known since at least 1875 to treat crotch rot in europeans living in humid india. Some recent papers have found that the low MICs (<0.05% even 0.01%) cause fungus to have a very peatian death. As in the borates possibly stop fungal metabolism, seen by the lack of ability for aerobic growth in low concentrations of borate. Im pulling from a few papers off the top of my head but the general consensus was boric acid > borax (internally they would be the same due to pH) in treating topical infections and had many key features such as preventing hyphal formation thus preventing virulence and possibly allowing the immune system to clear out infections. Also shown to be fungistatic at concentrations as low as double the MICs. I know that you can safely take 20 mg of boron per day as determined by the Safe upper limit by the fda.. it may be worth doing some back of the napkin calculations to figure out if you can safely get some of the fungicidal concentrations needed for inhibition. I have used both on my body and seen almost immediate results in fungal reversal and clear up of the skin. Usually I use borax but because of the high pH while the fungal infections are cleared it leaves the skin wet.. osmotic pressure? with boric acid pH 5 is a very skin safe pH you do not get this and skin is dry as a bone. Well i hope someone may be inspired to do some research after they decipher what i have just written. Go to google scholar and search "boric acid dermophyte" or "boric acid fungal". It seems like a miracle to those dealing with fungal infections (read some amazon reveiws, almost as entertaining as reading some of the stories on this site,), also has no known detox mechanisms in some dermophytes studied so probably would not become resistant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom