Free Fatty Acids (FFA) Suppression

burtlancast

Niacin, and some of it's derivatives, has been proven to prevent cancer, heart disease, mental diseases, arthritis, and a host of other degenerative illnesses.

It's mind boggling, as even Vit C can't achieve as much.

And most vital, we have human experimentation over thousands of patients .

If it was estrogenic, then perhaps it's minimally so, because it doesn't make sense for it to extend life quality and lifespan so dramatically while causing suspected hormonal harm.

jyb

@burtlancast: from your off topic quote, it seems like aspirin reduces the niacin flush by interfering with prostaglandins. I think that's why I get only very mild flush with a single dose of several grams niacin, as I take aspirin at the same time.

burtlancast

jyb said:
@burtlancast: from your off topic quote, it seems like aspirin reduces the niacin flush by interfering with prostaglandins. I think that's why I get only very mild flush with a single dose of several grams niacin, as I take aspirin at the same time.

Yes.
There are too other ways to minimise the flush, like taking it after a full meal, taking it often without missing a dose, and taking Vit C.

Bluebell

Haagendazendiane said:
"Things to reduce the stress-related coagulopathies: Sugar and niacin to minimize the liberation of fatty acids, progesterone and thyroid to protect against estrogen and to avoid hypoglycemia (which increases adrenaline and free fatty acids and accelerates clotting), [highlight=#ffbfff]magnesium[/highlight] and gelatin (or glycine), to protect against intracellular calcium overload and hypoxia, and vitamin E and salicylic acid for antiinflammatory effects, are major nutrients that protect the circulatory system against clotting, bleeding, edema, and tumefaction."

(my highlight)

How many mg of magnesium should we take per day?

Bluebell

burtlancast said:
jyb said:

Yes.
There are too other ways to minimise the flush, like taking it after a full meal, taking it often without missing a dose, and taking Vit C.

Does reducing the flush mitigate the benefits though?

R

ratcheer

Are there any benefits to taking niacin over niacinamide? Niacin is interesting to me because I have a VERY strong reaction to it - almost unbearable flushing at even small doses. This is peculiar because for most supplements I have zero or almost zero reaction even in large quantities - but niacin? Wow.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
ratcheer said:
Are there any benefits to taking niacin over niacinamide?

The million dollar question. I wish I knew.

HDD

Bluebell said:
Haagendazendiane said:
"Things to reduce the stress-related coagulopathies: Sugar and niacin to minimize the liberation of fatty acids, progesterone and thyroid to protect against estrogen and to avoid hypoglycemia (which increases adrenaline and free fatty acids and accelerates clotting), [highlight=#ffbfff]magnesium[/highlight] and gelatin (or glycine), to protect against intracellular calcium overload and hypoxia, and vitamin E and salicylic acid for antiinflammatory effects, are major nutrients that protect the circulatory system against clotting, bleeding, edema, and tumefaction."

(my highlight)

How many mg of magnesium should we take per day?

I don't remember seeing an amount given in any of the articles. It would depend on how much you are getting in foods and how much you retain. IIRC, salt helps to retain magnesium. I sometimes get tight shoulder/neck muscles and muscle cramps. When this happens, I try to increase my magnesium with Epsom salt baths and maybe a small amount of magnesium citrate. I don't tolerate oral supplements well. I think magnesium oil is supposed to be good but I have not tried it. There is a thread about it under supplements. Haidut made a magnesium drink with club soda that was very effective for him.

burtlancast

Bluebell said:

The flush in itself doesn't have any therapeutic value; it's just a nuisance, although sometimes it makes you feel alive.
Other times, it's so strong, you have the impression to be in the middle of sahara desert, at 50 degrees centigrades.
:P

burtlancast

Charlie said:
ratcheer said:

Peat and Hoffer are in disagreement here.
Hoffer maintains niacinamide cannot regularise blood lipids ( cholesterol, triglycerides) as do niacine and hexaniacinate.
Peat maintains niacinamide regularises free fatty acids.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
burtlancast said:
Charlie said:
ratcheer said:

Peat and Hoffer are in disagreement here.
Hoffer maintains niacinamide cannot regularise blood lipids ( cholesterol, triglycerides) as do niacine and hexaniacinate.
Peat maintains niacinamide regularises free fatty acids.

Thats it!!! It's settled!!! I am going to take both!

I jest. :P

5magicbeans

I use aspirin and/or Salicylic acid. I have noticed waaay less issues with Salicylic acid and it seems more effective for me. I wonder why?
Also cannot take niacinamide orally but have had good results with opening capsules mixing with water and applying to my skin.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
5magicbeans said:
I use aspirin and/or Salicylic acid. I have noticed waaay less issues with Salicylic acid and it seems more effective for me. I wonder why?
Also cannot take niacinamide orally but have had good results with opening capsules mixing with water and applying to my skin.

What happens if you take niacinamide orally? I never thought about applying it to the skin. hmmmmm

Mittir

5magicbeans said:
Within 2-3 days pretty severe headache. I have tried two different brands...

Do you know what are the inactive ingredients in Niacinamide capsule? RP recommends drinking OJ with niacinamide.
I think it is possible that use of niacinamide can cause low blood sugar in some people.
Niacinamide is blocking Fatty acid release so body has to mostly rely on sugar and this can possibly
increase need for sugar. How much niacinamide you took?

Bluebell

burtlancast said:
Bluebell said:

The flush in itself doesn't have any therapeutic value; it's just a nuisance, although sometimes it makes you feel alive.
Other times, it's so strong, you have the impression to be in the middle of sahara desert, at 50 degrees centigrades.
:P

haha, maybe that could be fun to try! :lol:

ps. i've heard of people using the capillary opening action to help with sauna detox

R

ratcheer

haha, maybe that could be fun to try!

IMO niacin is less like a hot day, and more like someone going over the surface of the skin with a blow torch; it's not 'warming' at all, it simply hurts.

Kray

Charlie said:
I would like to be able to suppress FFA, but I am not able to use aspirin because it flares up my seborrheic dermatitis which can get slightly painful. And I cannot use niacinamide, because it crashes my metabolism(I have only used the Beyond a Century powder kind, maybe I need to try another?)

Do I have any other options?

Many thanks for any help.

Hi Charlie,

Just saw your lengthy posting from a science journal (?) re: rosacea, etal, including some red flags as to seb derm, so I thought I would ask, and tell, what (may) help with seb derm. I just posted another entry to a "philipd" who has seb derm, so I hope he catches my link:

http://www.amazon.com/Noble-Formula-Cre ... oble+cream

I have used this company's 2% zinc soap in the past, but this time I'm going for the cream, which overall gets good reviews. If you still struggle with seb derm and haven't tried this, maybe a help for you? Otherwise, anything peat-y you have found that unlocks the key to overcoming this condition? I have read about sat-fats having a love affair with seb derm (or vice-versa!) and that is certainly very peat-y! However, I'm not considering giving them up anytime soon. :) I appreciate any insights you may have to help eradicate seborrheic dermatitis via nutrition, supplement, etc.

All the best,
Classicallady

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals