Fat Content In Human Beast Milk

amethyst

I was reading another thread about fat from Natedawggh here: Dairy Fat Successfully Replaced My Thyroid Medication

where he was mentioning the high fat content of breast milk, so I found this interesting article from Weston Price:

Fat and Cholesterol in Human Milk - Weston A Price

Fat and cholesterol are very important components in human milk. In fact, the milk from a healthy mother has about 50 to 60 percent of its energy (kilocalories) as fat.1 The cholesterol in human milk supplies an infant with close to six times the amount most adults consume from their food.1

When a woman has many children, the level of fat in her milk usually decreases with each succeeding child. This will not happen, however, if the mother maintains a high quality diet. In some parts of the world, such as China, the new mother is given a diet very high in animal fat that includes 6-10 eggs a day and almost 10 ounces of chicken and pork for at least a month after the birth of her infant. This diet ensures that the level of fat in her milk is as high as possible.2

"Milk from a healthy mother has about 50 to 60 percent of it's energy from fat". Wow, that is a lot of fat! So, I guess getting a (higher) portion of fat in your diet is pretty healthy, if you are already doing other Peaty things. Now none of us are babies, but still this is very interesting.

schultz

I think Ray has mentioned that kids utilize fat for energy very well.

With my kids, I notice they don't digest some things very well. Dried mango comes out the other end perfectly intact as well as nuts, some vegetables (even cooked spinach), crayons, etc. (okay the crayons was a joke, though my daughter did eat all the tips off her crayons... it wasn't the most pleasant rainbow) My point is, I think kids need the fat to help slow digestion. Babies probably need dietary fat so they can store a bunch of it. My daughter grew a lot her first year and put a ton of fat on just from breast milk. I believe babies also use their body fat to help regulate their body temperature to prevent them from getting too cold.

So it could be that children need fat more than adults do, just like how children need certain amino acids more than adults do.

Agent207

I think Ray has mentioned that kids utilize fat for energy very well.

What had said anyone who doesn't pretend to negate nature. If breast milk is higher fat, for sure babies ain't gonna do bad with it, obviously. -Captain obvious-.

schultz

What had said anyone who doesn't pretend to negate nature. If breast milk is higher fat, its sure babies ain't gonna do bad with it, obviously. -Captain obvious-.

Haha makes sense right? I think Ray's point was that young people do a lot better with fat for energy than adults, yet people argue that breast milk has high fat so everybody do well with a high fat diet. Shocking that babies and toddlers may have different needs than adults!

keith

Human beast milk? :eek:

What had said anyone who doesn't pretend to negate nature. If breast milk is higher fat, for sure babies ain't gonna do bad with it, obviously. -Captain obvious-.

But what is required during the first 6-12 months for a baby is not what is required thereafter. Amylase enzymes start to be produced after breastfeeding age indicating our starchivore nature.

Seal and whale milk is super saturated for the cold: Milk Composition - Species Table

Different species have different requirements and length of feeding for milk fat.

Butterfat/cream/the fat of milk, are what give a baby babyfat. It's also what gives an adult adultfat. (yes, poly and mono oils do too)

pboy

babies are pudgy though and it has a purpose, they are growing rapidly...and for the max mitochondrial efficiency of the new cells its probably beneficial to have all the components there. As example, adults eating enough calories probably don't really get to the point of degrading their cells internal structure for fat for energy, so really they probably only 'lose fat' for the most part in sebum and things, and aren't really growing or repairing to a huge extent each day...repairing maybe but not like babies level. So in an adult most of the fat they consume is going to be used for energy if it can be, only maybe a hint for hormones and or cell structure/nerves, just minor shore ups here and there probably. An adult probably on say a 2500 calorie diet maybe only needs or would synthesize maybe somewhere in the range of depending on things, 12-24ish g fat I guesstimate around there, if even that...it depends (if they ate no fat in the diet). A baby is building new cells and nerves at a rapid rate, so a higher % of that fat will be used for those purposes over energy, but they still probably use a lot of that for energy...in the case of infants, they aren't really super active yet exploring walking around and all that until kind of the pre teething or post adding in 'regular' food to their diet, which almost always is somewhat moderate in fat comparatively and higher in carbs. I think that 55-60%ish ratio in breast milk is like the absolute peak ratio of fat to carbs/protein without actually surpressing the metabolism, and hurting the GI tract...cause if a higher ratio of fat than that a lot will then be excreted without absorption potentially and not in a necessarily clean way...a rush out so to speak. Nature probably is maxing how much fat they can get in without pushing it over the metabolic or GI burden point. So I guess an adult could technically have a similar ratio, and not be too hurt by it granted the fat was good quality, they just might be 'slower' than someone with a higher perportional carb ratio. Fat can be more 'soothing' in a sense cause its denser and less osmotic and doesn't necessarily require the same nutrients to process as sugar, and prevents feeling of depravity, but can without enough carbs just kind of be a non exciting or juiced up state of being, kind of just existing, which is fine for a baby who literally is mostly just at that point in their life, when on only breast milk, mostly just growing moreso than exploring and things. Carbs are more expanding, exciting, and thing like that, but can be 'sensetive' if you have literally no fat cause you'll get hungry more often, but I think the quality of life is more exciting probably in a more moderate fat ratio than what is in breast milk. I guess each person can determine that point for themselves what they like, some people potentially like the more slowish feel it might depends on your disposition...don't really know with that, maybe people just also have more trouble in general society processing carbs so they think fat feels better, but if they inproved ability to use sugar, they might like it more

Last edited:

Makrosky

babies are pudgy though and it has a purpose, they are growing rapidly...and for the max mitochondrial efficiency of the new cells its probably beneficial to have all the components there. As example, adults eating enough calories probably don't really get to the point of degrading their cells internal structure for fat for energy, so really they probably only 'lose fat' for the most part in sebum and things, and aren't really growing or repairing to a huge extent each day...repairing maybe but not like babies level. So in an adult most of the fat they consume is going to be used for energy if it can be, only maybe a hint for hormones and or cell structure/nerves, just minor shore ups here and there probably. An adult probably on say a 2500 calorie diet maybe only needs or would synthesize maybe somewhere in the range of depending on things, 12-24ish g fat I guesstimate around there, if even that...it depends (if they ate no fat in the diet). A baby is building new cells and nerves at a rapid rate, so a higher % of that fat will be used for those purposes over energy, but they still probably use a lot of that for energy...in the case of infants, they aren't really super active yet exploring walking around and all that until kind of the pre teething or post adding in 'regular' food to their diet, which almost always is somewhat moderate in fat comparatively and higher in carbs. I think that 55-60%ish ratio in breast milk is like the absolute peak ratio of fat to carbs/protein without actually surpressing the metabolism, and hurting the GI tract...cause if a higher ratio of fat than that a lot will then be excreted without absorption potentially and not in a necessarily clean way...a rush out so to speak. Nature probably is maxing how much fat they can get in without pushing it over the metabolic or GI burden point. So I guess an adult could technically have a similar ratio, and not be too hurt by it granted the fat was good quality, they just might be 'slower' than someone with a higher perportional carb ratio. Fat can be more 'soothing' in a sense cause its denser and less osmotic and doesn't necessarily require the same nutrients to process as sugar, and prevents feeling of depravity, but can without enough carbs just kind of be a non exciting or juiced up state of being, kind of just existing, which is fine for a baby who literally is mostly just at that point in their life, when on only breast milk, mostly just growing moreso than exploring and things. Carbs are more expanding, exciting, and thing like that, but can be 'sensetive' if you have literally no fat cause you'll get hungry more often, but I think the quality of life is more exciting probably in a more moderate fat ratio than what is in breast milk. I guess each person can determine that point for themselves what they like, some people potentially like the more slowish feel it might depends on your disposition...don't really know with that, maybe people just also have more trouble in general society processing carbs so they think fat feels better, but if they inproved ability to use sugar, they might like it more
What do you think it's the best way to improve sugar utilization pboy ?

pboy

well theres many factors but to sort of sum it up just if the source is more fruits, roots, and vegetables, even beans though for other reasons maybe not ideal, you'll much less likely have problem really processing the carbs (you still need other things like protein potentially and or nutrients found more in other foods). Its the imbalanced use of sweeteners in isolation and or grains that really give sugar processing issues mostly...then also a lot has to do with hormones and neurotransmitters which are based on so called 'metaphysical' things. Someone in a sugar processing deficit if suddenly given a great proposition might suddenly improve their ability to process that sugar, because it would then have a 'good use' with motivation and or excitement behind it. A depressed person even with a good diet might still waste a lot of that energy technically or process it without much growth, in an evolving way, because they aren't really performing action or behaving in an expansive motivated optimistic way. edit: so basically your current happenings, motivation, will, outlook and things can influence that ability via neuros and hormones to various extents

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals