Someone Use A Milk Cream Separator?

Hgreen56

Hello
I've wanted to try raw milk for a long time but the high fat content has always stood in my way.
Now i discovered by chance that there is a milk cream separator exists. i never heard of that.
This strains the fat from the milk? and how much? all of it so you get 0% skim milk?
Someone experience with this?

Last edited:

Jennifer

With raw cow’s milk, it naturally separates so you don’t need a cream separator—I use a turkey baster to remove the cream—but with raw goat’s milk, because it’s naturally homogenized, a separator is pretty much needed if you want to consume it within 24 hours. I bought the cream separator below before discovering that raw goat’s milk will separate if left to sit in my fridge for 5–7 days:

https://www.amazon.com/Minneer-Elec...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Hgreen56

With raw cow’s milk, it naturally separates so you don’t need a cream separator—I use a turkey baster to remove the cream—but with raw goat’s milk, because it’s naturally homogenized, a separator is pretty much needed if you want to consume it within 24 hours. I bought the cream separator below before discovering that raw goat’s milk will separate if left to sit in my fridge for 5–7 days:

https://www.amazon.com/Minneer-Elec...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

interesting.
so can you tell me how your process looks like?
For example: this lady filter the milk through a cloth and let it then cool down for 24 hours in the refrigerator, do you also this?
I saw also this video, she don't scoop the fat out of the jar but has a tap at the bottom.
Saves a lot of work i think.

Jennifer

interesting.
so can you tell me how your process looks like?
For example: this lady filter the milk through a cloth and let it then cool down for 24 hours in the refrigerator, do you also this?
I saw also this video, she don't scoop the fat out of the jar but has a tap at the bottom.
Saves a lot of work i think.
Raw milk is legal to sell in my State, even in retail stores, so I get my milk from both a local farm and the store, and they always come bottled in jars and are pre-filtered by the farmers. When I get home, I put it directly in the fridge like you would any store-bought milk. The cow’s milk comes in 2 liter jars and I let it separate for a couple hours and then skim off the fat with a baster, but a jar with a tap is probably easier. The goat’s milk comes in 1 liter jars and before putting it in the fridge, I stick a straw in it and after 5–7 days, the cream has risen to the top and I just drink from the bottom until I hit cream, similar to a jar with a tap. :)

Jennifer

You’re welcome! I hope raw milk works out well for you. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
johnwester130 Looking to buy dht powder from someone Merchant Forums 16
J Tips for someone getting dental x-rays Oral Health 7
T Need someone to talk to derealized state Mental Issues 8
T Need To Chat With Someone About A Family Mber Passing Male Issues 4
E Can Someone Please Explain Me How 0.001G Weighing Scales Work? Suppliers 31
D Could Someone Who Speaks Bio Help Me Interpret (potassium Permeability) Ask For Help or Advice 1
A Controversial Info Against Saturated Fats. Can Someone Help Making Sense Of This? Coconut Oil 11
U Can Someone Help Me Interpret My Lab Results ? Hair & Nails 6
A Can Someone Explain Why Fluoride Is Bad? Ask For Help or Advice 9
T Can Someone Lay Out A Factual Case That Refined Sugars And Other Stimulants Waste The Bod Resources? Diet 5
Giraffe From Someone Dead You Can't Take Living Organs Mind, Sleep, Stress 39
Hgreen56 Has Someone Positive Experience Lowering Cortisol With Caffeine? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
N Can Someone Help Analyze These Labs? Specifically Thyroid And Cholestrol Thyroid and Hormones 1
berk Someone Experienced Energy From Glycine? Metabolism 8
L Someone Posted A Link To An Aspirin Study Recently That I Can't Find Aspirin 6
A Can Someone Post September 2019 Newsletter? Articles & Newsletters 13
Kingpinguin Could Someone Explain How Inflammation Causes Diabetes (metabolic Disease) On Cell Level Metabolism 7
Lokzo Can Someone Please Explain Cyproheptadine Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 53
redsun Hypothetical: What Would Someone Who Seems To Be Experiencing Some Symptoms Of Heart Failure Do? Ask For Help or Advice 14
Fractality NDT Universally Recommended For Someone Who Doesn't Obtain Thyroid From Diet? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 3
C Can Someone Please Tell Me How I Can Buy These Products? I Dont See A Button To Buy Them. Thank You! IdeaLabs 1
GorillaHead Someone Please Help Me With My Life Long Appeptite Problem Ask For Help or Advice 22
A Can Someone Explain The Case Against Vegetables Here? Discussing Dietary Models 6
O How Can I Convince Someone That Salt Isn't Evil? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 12
K Recommended Diet For Someone With Arterial Thoracic Outlet Syndrome? Diet 10
N Can Someone Help Analyze These Cholesterol Levels Cholesterol 13
cellboy Is It Dangerous To Have Intercourse With Someone Who‘s On Birth Control? Male Issues 0
Lokzo Can Someone Explain How Animal Fat Is HEALTHY Diet 13
D Hoping Someone Can Help Me Sort Out My Issues Metabolism 42
biggirlkisss Can Someone Help Me Build This? Ask For Help or Advice 0
N Can Someone Please Help Me Get Cyproheptadine? Ask For Help or Advice 7
ddjd Can Someone Help To Send A Few Supplements From USA To Europe For Me Ask For Help or Advice 4
N Can Someone Please Help Me Interpret My Thyroid Levels? Ask For Help or Advice 17
dilantinoid Someone On Here And I Have The Same New York City Psychiatrist Mental Issues 0
N Can Someone Please Try To Help Me With My Situation? Ask For Help or Advice 32
J Can Someone Explain The Relationship Between Thyroid Function And Darkness? Thyroid and Hormones 2
D Can Someone Help With Thyroid Results Metabolism 13
michael94 How Important Is The Appearance Of Someone Offering Health Advice To You? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 9
R Can Someone Explain What I Should Be Doing Differently? Diet 0
biggirlkisss Rifaximin For Someone Who Very Uncomfortable Ask For Help or Advice 0
Elysium Can Someone Decipher Tyw? Sugar, Honey 81
johnwester130 Found Someone Selling 100mg Capsules Of Biotin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
Luann Can Someone Discuss This Parrot Quail Study Science 2
thms Can Someone Help Me Out With T3, Does It Cause Shutdown? Overall Help Is Really Appreciated Ask For Help or Advice 84
D Quick Intro, Might Interest Someone Logs 10
P Can Someone Help Debunk This? Diet 28
paka How Do I Convert Someone From Eating PUFA's? Diet 41
johnwester130 Can Someone Explain This Brand Of Coconut Oil ? Diet, Recipes 1
m_arch Mentioning Someone In A Thread Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 5
mayweatherking Can Someone Explain In Simple Terms The Effects Of Protein And Sugar On Blood Sugar/Insulin Levels Ask For Help or Advice 9