Experimenti

brightside

I wanted to start a thread where I could keep track of my various experiments that I do, both for myself and for other people who are interested.

A little background:
- Main problem is inhibited OXPHOS. I am not sure which part exactly, could be multiple, but PDH is definitely an issue.
- As a consequence of the above, I have hormonal imbalances, gut dysfunction, dysautonomia and more.
- Main health improvements come from eating as high nutrition foods as possible while avoiding irritation. Most importantly, however, is my high dose B1.

OP
brightside

brightside

As per @Hans suggestion, I have been experimenting with some Mildronate. I am on day 5 and dosing 500mg BID.

I can definitely feel it, better mood, energy, etc. , however there is a particular effect that I noticed and was really happy about. I had an annoying problem, which I assumed was from excess FAO, a sour BO smell. Supposedly, it comes from either acetone or ketones, and fortunately, its gone. So, it seems that the Mildronate is working quite well, since no other substance so far has been able to match both, the consistency and potency of just 1 gram of Mildronate per day. It isn't curative, but it's definitely a push in the right direction.

Will update once I run out.

OP
brightside

brightside

I have been forgetting to take the Meldonium since the effect seems to have either reduced, or it was mild to begin with. However, I did notice that it was particularly useful for mental work, reducing the amount of breaks I needed to take and enchaining mental endurance. It's kind of a random benefit and not completely consistent, but it did make me quite a bit more productive without necessarily increasing the subjective feeling of energy (unlike my first two doses of Pyrucet or TTFD)

I will definitely keep taking it, either sporadically, or in lower amounts constantly.

OP
brightside

brightside

I have been experimenting with KI (potassium iodide) recently, and have been getting results that I think are good enough to share.
In the past, I have taken lugol's and not had much results. In fact, at medium, doses ( a few drops of 2%) I got severe hypothyroidism. I had thyroid inflammation, felt very fatigued, my gut slowed to a stop, and I felt a deep chillness down to my bones. This took a few days to recover from. I accidentally triggered this a second time, confirming that it was the iodine that I was using. After that, I left iodine alone and didn't dare to touch the stuff.

However, recently I have been reading some of Travis's posts and got convinced to give iodine another shot. Specifically, KI and not iodine. To my surprise, I had and have no issues taking quite large doses.

So far I have taken up to 120 mg per day with no issue. I plan to make some drops eventually, and use up to 150mg. I have been taking it for the past 1-2 weeks.

Initially, I noticed increased aggression, euphoria, and energy, which I attributed to estrogen detox. That went away within the first week, and now some of the benefits I notice are, still increased energy, improved vision (I have mild myopia), and a slight reduction in POTS.

The vision part is interesting, since everything that improves my vision improves bile flow, so the iodide must be having some kind of effect on my gut but also liver/gallbladder function? Other substances that improved my vision were vitamin A, copper, and androsterone, and their improvements always coincided with good bile output.

Iodide is definitely an interesting intervention, and I plan to continue taking it for the upcoming few months.

OP
brightside

brightside

I found another fantastic effect of the iodide. It removes my akathisia the last ~10%! I notice this remaining bit of irritation in my teeth, and although it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s akathisia, it does follow it exactly. It could very well be an issue of fungal overgrowth or whatever else the iodide is doing, but this issue persistently “itches” my teeth, and if not stopped, develops into full on akathisia.

All in all, the iodide is an excellent tool.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals