Estradiol / estrone strongly correlated with breast cancer risk

haidut

The study also found correlation with testosterone, but the link was not consistent across the different measurement methods, while it was for estradiol and estrone. Nonetheless, it underscores Peat's recent statement that to him testosterone was almost as dangerous a hormone as estrogen. Another important point of the article is the correlation with estrone. Rather than being a more "benign" and less "active" estrogen than estradiol as mainstream medicine claims, estrone (and especially estrone sulfate) is the most reliable measures of estrogenic activity in the body, as I posted recently in another thread. Finally, estrone is also used as a prognosis biomarker for prostate cancer, which throws further doubt into the DHT-prostate connection.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 8X14002244

"...Estradiol and estrone were strongly positively associated with body mass index, regardless of the assay method; testosterone was positively associated with body mass index for direct assays, but less clearly for extraction assays, and there were few data for mass spectrometry assays. The correlations of estradiol with body mass index, estrone and testosterone were lower for direct assays than for extraction and mass spectrometry assays, suggesting that the estimates from the direct assays were less precise. For breast cancer risk, all three hormones were strongly positively associated with risk regardless of assay method (except for testosterone by mass spectrometry where there were few data), with no statistically significant differences in the trends, but differences may emerge as new data accumulate. Future epidemiological and clinical research studies should continue to use the most accurate assays that are feasible within the design characteristics of each study."

J

jb116

I think its worth mentioning that estrone may be a compensatory response, namely to tame estradiol's actions. Possibly would explain its prevalence in these cases. It would be interesting to observe estrone solely as an actual extensive cause as we already know the dangerous estradiol to be. Of course not saying we should embrace estrone! ideally it should be kept under wraps.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
haidut While Estradiol Falls, Estrone Rises With Age And Is Much More Relevant For Estrogen-driven Diseases Scientific Studies 6
S High Estradiol, low Estrone? also viruses Ask For Help or Advice 7
F T-Gel on my stomach to drastically boost Estradiol when deficient was recreational/euphoric for me Thyroid and Hormones 8
F How to increase blood clotting or estradiol (prothrombin factors)? Ask For Help or Advice 9
F How to get the most E2 Estradiol out of DHEA supplementation? Hormones 12
shine Social isolation stimulates hippocampal estradiol synthesis Hormones 0
GreekDemiGod Peaty supplements / diet increased my Prolactin and Estradiol. Why? Ask For Help or Advice 25
Lokzo Elevated Serum Estradiol Levels May Impair Erectile Function Scientific Studies 2
V Low Estradiol: Serum, Saliva, Urine Experiments 11
Cecilia L. High Pregnenolone, High Progesterone, High Estradiol, Low D Female Issues 13
C Obese, Low Estradiol And High Progesterone? Blood Work, Labs 7
md_a Both, Female And Male COVID-19 Patients May Present Elevated Estradiol Levels Articles & Scientific Studies 0
I Hack My Labs: Lowish T, Very Low Estradiol, High Evening Cortisol Blood Work, Labs 14
haidut Elevated Maternal Estrogen (estradiol) Again Linked To Autism Scientific Studies 5
RealNeat Cat's Claw Binds Estradiol By 47.2% Supplements 10
A A New Randomized Control Trial Finds That Estradiol Improves The Symptoms Of Schizophrenia In Women Scientific Studies 15
B How To Balance Lower Estradiol? Ask For Help or Advice 1
K How To Properly Reduce Estradiol? Hormones 44
G Low Estradiol Male 22YO Blood Work, Labs 16
A Bloodwork Help-Total T, Free T, DHT, Estradiol All Low Male Issues 0
S Maternal Nest-building Is Regulated By The Hormonal Actions Of Estradiol, Progesterone, And Prolacti Thyroid and Hormones 0
ddjd Estradiol E2 Is 90 Pg/ml. What To Do? Male Issues 1
P Potential PSSD Treatment - Estradiol And DHT - Dosage Questions Male Issues 1
R DHT Gel Shuts Down LH, FSH, Estradiol And T But Sustained Sexual Function Ask For Help or Advice 3
Let Go Rapid Effects Of Estradiol On Aggression In Birds And Mice: The Fast And The Furious Scientific Studies 2
R Estrogen/Estradiol & Masculinity Thyroid and Hormones 3
P Estradiol Decreases Taurine Level By Reducing Cysteine Sulfinic Acid Decarboxylase Via The Estrogen Articles & Scientific Studies 2
P Estradiol Inhibits Hyaluronic Acid Synthase 1 Expression In Human Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells Articles & Scientific Studies 0
haidut Estradiol In Birth Control Pills Causes Seizures Scientific Studies 2
P The Role Of Dopamine In Methylene Blue-mediated Inhibition Of Estradiol Benzoate-induced Anterior Pi Scientific Studies 4
haidut Estrogen (estradiol) Promotes Autoimmunity Scientific Studies 4
Ulla Hormonal combination of estradiol and norgestrel- pcos theraphy? Female Issues 29
S Estradiol And Testosterone Have Opposite Effects On Microtubule Polymerization Articles & Scientific Studies 3
sweetpeat Progesterone To Estradiol Ratio (P:E2) Labs 7
haidut Estradiol promotes sudden cardiac death; progesterone is protective Scientific Studies 0
haidut Estradiol prevents benefits of resistance exercise Scientific Studies 0
haidut Estrogen (estradiol) Is The Cause Of Varicose Veins Scientific Studies 16
F Test estrogen or estradiol? Blood Work, Labs 6
S Estradiol masculinizes the brain through Prostaglandins Articles & Scientific Studies 3
S Estrogen dominance / estradiol -- need advice Male Issues 5
Stunning4keke Estradiol Transdermal Patches & Prometrium Female Issues 4
T Estrone Sulfate: I Finally Tested It. Question About The Range Blood Work, Labs 0
Trudy Ann Estrone E1, Testosterone And Progesterone Progesterone 2
S Where To Order An Estrone Sulfate(E1S) Test Blood Work, Labs 3
L Circulating Estrone (E1) Levels Are Associated With Diabetes Scientific Studies 0
Makrosky Advice Needed For My New Labs, High Free Testosterone, High Estrone (E1) Blood Work, Labs 40
ecstatichamster Rising Estrone May Be Beneficial Hormones 0
haidut Alzheimer Patients Have "aged" Adrenals, Higher Cortisol And Estrone Scientific Studies 4
haidut High-salt Diet Strongly Inhibits Cancer Growth Scientific Studies 9
haidut DHT May Treat Prostate Cancer, Estrogen (E2) Strongly Promotes It Scientific Studies 1