Low Toxin Diet Essentiality of Vitamin A

PopSocket

Do we take architectural advice from these tribes? Why are their choices revered? I’ve choked down enough liver to know that it’s revolting, so now I’m going to trust my taste buds from now on.
^ this. Liver has the worst taste of any food I've tried and I did raw liver smoothies in an attempt to drink it as fast as possible and not taste it. NEVER ever go against the body.

shanny

Forum Supporter
^ this. Liver has the worst taste of any food I've tried and I did raw liver smoothies in an attempt to drink it as fast as possible and not taste it. NEVER ever go against the body.
My labrador retriever that will literally eat anything....and I mean anything, backs away from a piece of liver like it's going to bite him and makes this motion with his mouth and tongue like he's trying to spit something out, even thought he didn't even touch it! Completely revolted by it. That should tell us something!

OP
Bozidar

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
My labrador retriever that will literally eat anything....and I mean anything, backs away from a piece of liver like it's going to bite him and makes this motion with his mouth and tongue like he's trying to spit something out, even thought he didn't even touch it! Completely revolted by it. That should tell us something!
Haha.
That reminded me of Paul Saladino sucking down liver as fast as possible not to taste it and then saying how great it is. 😅😅

shanny

Forum Supporter
Haha.
That reminded me of Paul Saladino sucking down liver as fast as possible not to taste it and then saying how great it is. 😅😅
He has that high copper/high Vitamin A personality. He needs to detox! It's too bad, once they start making money doing these horrendous things it's hard to stop.

OP
Bozidar

Bozidar

Forum Supporter
He has that high copper/high Vitamin A personality. He needs to detox! It's too bad, once they start making money doing these horrendous things it's hard to stop.
Haha, that is even funnier what you said.
How would you describe his personality then?
I didn't know there is such a thing. 😄

Morten

Forum Supporter
Do we take architectural advice from these tribes? Why are their choices revered? I’ve choked down enough liver to know that it’s revolting, so now I’m going to trust my taste buds from now on.
Good point.
I dont live in a house of clay 🤗

lamassu

Good post and good questions. As far as I can tell vitamin A will have an inverted U shaped curve relating to health where too little is a problem (for the reasons you brought up) and too much is also a problem (for its anti-thyroid effects etc).

Osukhan

did carnivore -ish for a couple years and ate liver almost every day, and always found it delicious...
still had plenty of energy and was still able to lose weight
dont know how much damage was done but im working on it

Peater

did carnivore -ish for a couple years and ate liver almost every day, and always found it delicious...
still had plenty of energy and was still able to lose weight
dont know how much damage was done but im working on it
Did you test your thyroid hormones while on that programme?

Peater

only test i have from back then TSH was 2.4
def need to re-do some blood tests , i dont have any recent ones

I think I'll do some more in summer after some more months of drastically reduced Vit A, and hopefully, some days of bright sunshine.

tallglass13

I was hoping for a comment on biochemistry from my conversation with chatGPT.
So, are you saying that "11-cis-retinal" is not needed to stimulate opsin protein. I would accept that as proof that it is not essential, but everything else you said is neither here nor there.
Generoux could still have some vitamin a somewhere stored or maybe those miniscule amounts indeed are enough, I dont know...
Please comment on biochemistry of it if you have knowledge about it.
Or somebody else who has the knowledge?
Thanks
Hello,
If Grant has a miniscule amount of VA in his body that is keeping him functioning at 100%, then that proves that no one on earth has ever had a real VA deficiency. Since He has an absolute non -refutable VA deficiency, but is still at 100% functioning.

RealNeat

Hello,
If Grant has a miniscule amount of VA in his body that is keeping him functioning at 100%, then that proves that no one on earth has ever had a real VA deficiency. Since He has an absolute non -refutable VA deficiency, but is still at 100% functioning.
what proof does he provide that hes is at 100% function? Thats a very bold claim. Are we just taking his word for it? yes yes ive read the books. What biomarkers has he shared that show in real time that he has indeed improved and not worsened/ and the evidence for it being related to his low Vit A diet and not any other variable that was changed when he went from his previous diet to low vA. In his own books he gives examples of people going years without vitamin A but ultimately starting to suffer from vision issues, he sums it up to an unproven assumption of "not enough fat" or something and dissmisses it. We simply can not dismiss things, this is peoples lives we are playing with not a game of "ill shrug it off because it doesnt fit" Even Ray has a thorough explanation of what happens to a body that is depleted in the so called essential fats (mead acid etc) Just as it is important to know the culprit its just has important to know what will happen in its absence.

tallglass13

what proof does he provide that hes is at 100% function? Thats a very bold claim. Are we just taking his word for it? yes yes ive read the books. What biomarkers has he shared that show in real time that he has indeed improved and not worsened/ and the evidence for it being related to his low Vit A diet and not any other variable that was changed when he went from his previous diet to low vA. In his own books he gives examples of people going years without vitamin A but ultimately starting to suffer from vision issues, he sums it up to an unproven assumption of "not enough fat" or something and dissmisses it. We simply can not dismiss things, this is peoples lives we are playing with not a game of "ill shrug it off because it doesnt fit" Even Ray has a thorough explanation of what happens to a body that is depleted in the so called essential fats (mead acid etc) Just as it is important to know the culprit its just has important to know what will happen in its absence.
For example, his labs all are normal. They say we need VA with cholesterol into downstream steroids. However, he posted his Thyroid, testosterone, cholesterol , etc.
Second, his Vision is 20/20 at 63 years old. No skin problems. Teeth are strong. These are good indicators, but also his mind is intact. Many people function at 100%, but still have issues. Functioning at 100% is like normal. Nothing bold about that.
Comparing someone with VA toxicity, which includes Cirrhosis of the liver, Osteoporosis, teeth and gum disease, scaling of the skin, ect...
I think at least if someone has a real deficiency of VA, at least they have some room to work with. But it now appears that there is no way for a regular human to ever be VA deficient. How, no one on earth has ever "tried" to become deficient until 9 years ago up until today. Everyone else on earth eats some fruits, some vegetables, some cheese. Most Americans grew up of Cereal and milk. All fortified with VA. Not to mention multi vitamins, Retin A, accutane., eggs....

Last edited:

Jabuger

For example, his labs all are normal. They say we need VA with cholesterol into downstream steroids. However, he posted his Thyroid, testosterone, cholesterol

Where can I find his labs?
I couldn’t see them on his website

Dr. B

You have posted a summary of the mainstream position on "Vitamin A".

Genereux has refuted this by living without vitamin A for almost 10 years now and not losing his eyesight. If there's only one black swan, the claim that "All swans are white" is debunked. If there's only one person who can go without vitamin A, the claim that vitamin A is essential for humans is debunked.

The argument that sometimes comes up - he still eats miniscule amounts of retinol and therefore that small amount goes to the eyes to save him - is ridiculous. That would mean that something like 10mcg of retinol per day would be enough, which is basically the same as saying it's not essential.

Whether few molecules of retinol are actually essential is a matter that is independent from the toxicity epidemic. Lowering retinol as much as possible is still the answer for most people, even if extremely small amounts are necessary. The liver stores need to be emptied.

Something that is as toxic as retinol is likely not essential, it's just a toxin, no matter the dose.

Carnivores have a higher ratio of hepatic stellate cells to hepatocytes. The stellate cells store retinol. the hepatocytes are the normal liver cells that are responsible for the usual processes in the liver. That doesn't mean they thrive on retinol, it just means they can get away with eating other animals.

Carnivores are also able to excrete retinyl esters through the urine, something humans can't do. This means that carnivores detoxify the dangerous unbound form of retinol conveniently via urine, while in humans elevated free retinyl esters are very dangerous and can build up easily.

These differences between carnivores and humans is the primary reason lions can get away with eating liver. This also shows that humans were never designed to eat high A foods like liver, otherwise we would be able to excrete retinol via urine.

Interesting points. Also I believe humans have died from eating polar bear liver, due to the vitamin A toxicity from it. Another thing, Ray mentioned vitamin A is an unsaturated molecule. Even the supplements of it ive seen always have an antioxidant like vitamin C added. That’s similar to fish oil supplements which also often have an antioxidant added

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals