Elon Musk: 'We Must Hack Our Brains Or Be Destroyed By AI'

amethyst

Elon Musk: "We are already a cyborg"

I used to like Elon Musk's ideas :rolleyes:

You will be assimilated :mad: or else, according to the Musk man.....

OP
A

amethyst

No one cares to comment about the BORG?

Queequeg

Ok I'll jump in... I used to like Elon as well but we probably should have known better. I think George Carlin put it best when he said "it's a big club and you ain't in it."

His whole rationale about AI taking over to encourage us to join the hive is complete bs. They have been working on this since the 50s, well before AI. I thought we would at least have been given the Soma option ala Brave New World. This doesn't seem like it will be quite as fun.

Last edited:
OP
A

amethyst

Ok I'll jump in... I used to like Elon as well but we probably should have known better. I think George Carlin put best when he said "it's a big club and you ain't in it."

His whole rationale about AI taking over to encourage us to join the hive is complete bs. They have been working on this since the 50s, well before AI. And I thought we would at least have been given the Soma option ala Brave New World. This doesn't seem like it will be quite as fun.
Glad you took the jump :) I agree with you. It's funny, I really like some of his ideas....I posted a thread "Elon Musk Unveils Solar Roof" that went no where :D as I think it's a fabulous idea of his, but his justification for well, since he already considers us cyborgs- let me put it this way- it's kinda like him saying "we are prolonging the inevitable, so let's just play nice with AI and it will become our friend, and we will all live happily ever after" or be left behind, ie: miss out on all the fun brave new world future that AI and company have in store for us.....it's quite bizarre, but hardly anyone bats an eye about it. Because hey, it's cool to have a relationship with a non human bot, or robot aka: Westworld.Who needs humans right??? :rolleyes: I guess Johnny Depp thinks it's cool to live his alternative life in his perpetually generated computer life in Transcendence. Oh, but that's just movie entertainment.:bucktooth: Or is it?

OP
A

amethyst

Ok I'll jump in... I used to like Elon as well but we probably should have known better. I think George Carlin put it best when he said "it's a big club and you ain't in it."

His whole rationale about AI taking over to encourage us to join the hive is complete bs. They have been working on this since the 50s, well before AI. I thought we would at least have been given the Soma option ala Brave New World. This doesn't seem like it will be quite as fun.
George Carlin..so right on!:thumbup Sad he's no longer with us..

Queequeg

"Oh, but that's just movie entertainment.:bucktooth: Or is it?" lol, sure just a coincidence, nothing to see here, we're just implanting a few seeds in your brain. I think this is exactly why people just giggle when he makes jokes about us becoming cats. Their subconscious has seen it before, and it wasn't so bad. Come to think of it there was a Jane's Addiction song called "We'll Make Great Pets" :-o
As for our friend Elon, there are some videos out there that make a pretty good case that he faked his rocket landings. I bet his solar roofs leak:ss

Westworld:lol: I used to love that show:)

Last edited:

Queequeg

George Carlin..so right on!:thumbup Sad he's no longer with us..
I know, very sad. He was most likely an approved court jester but he really said some powerful stuff.
"Do you know why they call it the American Dream"?

OP
A

amethyst

"Oh, but that's just movie entertainment.:bucktooth: Or is it?" lol, sure just a coincidence, nothing to see here, were just implanting a few seeds in your brain. I think this is exactly why people just giggle when he makes jokes about us becoming cats. There subconscious has seen it before and it wasn't so bad. Come to think of it there was a Jane's Addiction song called "We'll Make Great Pets" :-o
As for our friend Elon, there are some video out there that make a pretty good case that he faked his rocket landings. I bet his solar roofs leak:ss

You USED to love that show? Westworld is creepy as hell! Fantasy is fun which I am all for but they are androids for crying out loud! I like real world fantasy- not android life fantasy.

OP
A

amethyst

Queequeg

You USED to love that show? Westworld is creepy as hell! Fantasy is fun which I am all for but they are androids for crying out loud! I like real world fantasy- not android life fantasy.
hmmm. I think you are right I was actually thinking about the original movie with Yul Brenner which I must have seen on late night tv when I was too young to realize it was creepy. That was a Michael Crichton film in my defense though.

Last edited:

Queequeg

Queequeg

yes me too. thanks for the bummer article right before bedtime:ss2

SQu

I think he like Jobs and co is out for guru status which is so good for the brand. It's still about making money out of sheep. And tech love is insanely uncritical, groupie-like, for those of us who find our species embarrassing. I wince when I see people in their 60s, 70s, ditch all their experience, memories, you know, that hard earned wisdom of a lifetime thing, to become the worst of the groupies, so they can seem younger, less vulnerable to agism and accusations of being irrelevant. Technology may be impressive but I prefer to think of it as a tool, not life, and attempt to retain and develop my thinking ability and independent mind. Hopefully. Which will become more and more rare. And is already considered eccentric. Already it has freed me considerably from avoidable bad physical and mental health. So I can think better. And apply to other fields.

Queequeg

I think he like Jobs and co is out for guru status which is so good for the brand. It's still about making money out of sheep. And tech love is insanely uncritical, groupie-like, for those of us who find our species embarrassing. I wince when I see people in their 60s, 70s, ditch all their experience, memories, you know, that hard earned wisdom of a lifetime thing, to become the worst of the groupies, so they can seem younger, less vulnerable to agism and accusations of being irrelevant. Technology may be impressive but I prefer to think of it as a tool, not life, and attempt to retain and develop my thinking ability and independent mind. Hopefully. Which will become more and more rare. And is already considered eccentric. Already it has freed me considerably from avoidable bad physical and mental health. So I can think better. And apply to other fields.

good stuff!!... resistance is not futile:)

However, IMHO, it is not so much about making money off the people, as it is about taking money from the people. TPTB do not need anymore money; they have it all. It is about control, and sadly, poor people are much easier to control. Of course, "uncritical, groupie-like" chip implanted Borgs are really easy to control.:borg:

as for Elon, the Godfather put it best. "[Musk] is a pimp" :cigar::D

Last edited:

goodandevil

"Oh, but that's just movie entertainment.:bucktooth: Or is it?" lol, sure just a coincidence, nothing to see here, we're just implanting a few seeds in your brain. I think this is exactly why people just giggle when he makes jokes about us becoming cats. Their subconscious has seen it before, and it wasn't so bad. Come to think of it there was a Jane's Addiction song called "We'll Make Great Pets" :-o
As for our friend Elon, there are some videos out there that make a pretty good case that he faked his rocket landings. I bet his solar roofs leak:ss

Great song!

goodandevil

Elon Musk: "We are already a cyborg"

I used to like Elon Musk's ideas :rolleyes:

You will be assimilated :mad: or else, according to the Musk man.....

Mandatory meditation!! Winston, 537463528 Winston!! Start meditating immediately!!

goodandevil

Yeah I'm not impressed with Musk.

He's wrong. You can't hack the brain because it is too delicate. The whole organism is too delicate. We don't even have robots that can do things like weed an organic garden all by itself and harvest papaya and coconut trees all by itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals