Connolly criticises Government's 'moronic' response to COVID-19 pandemic

Ben.

To me she appears still to be to naivé when it comes to the narrative but i stil see alot of common sense and a good heart in her. Her eyes seem open atleast when it comes to the current criminalization and tyranny.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJ91ByciE0

Transkript:

"i make my comments all of the time in the in the context of a crisis being used to further encroach on human rights without any analysis and the easy acceptance by a lot of tds that this is happening and so the latest one comes from the ... i can't pronounce it myself the omicron the omicron and i i'm sure the minister won't take this very well but if you actually look at the word is moronic ... we look at that as a as a word to make out what the word is it's actually moronic and moronic i looked up i didn't want to insult anybody so it means idiotic stupid and to me that is what has characterized the government's approach generally not just you minister generally to the covet pandemic crisis over the last two years"

" ... what i do not welcome is that you will have more power you will be able to bring in in writing what you decide is right without any discussion in the doll and forgive me if i'm flicking papers but that's the nature of the way we've led into this debate so you will be able to designate in writing and make certain orders under this act again regulations have been published in the past"

"... this was raised many times the constant confusion and obfuscation in relation to the pcr testing and antigen testing is just simply unacceptable and the three days with the pcr and the two days the other way two days with the antigen and as has been mentioned already and i heard that interview the assistant professor from ucd on having huge difficulty understanding the science behind this and this is a virologist and we're told all of the time to respect the scientific advice and here's this man academic telling us he has great difficulty understanding it and so that brings me back that each and every one of us have to try and readand listen and then come to our own conclusions and make our decisions as best we can in the knowledge that we must protect ourselves and each other but we do that instead of that type of debate what we have is a demonization of people who for many reasons and they're certainly not a homogeneous group decide not to vex to be vaccinated for one reason or another we have unacceptably gone down the road of them and us are us and them and now we are looking at children with an announcement that they must wear masks now whether that's right or wrong i have the greatest difficulty i am actually delighted minister delight is not the word that my sons are older and i don't have to make those decisions now for them because they flippant way that we're referring to it'll do them no harm is simply appalling it's unacceptable to me and it's just it is just so wrong that these decisions are coming across are being done in the manner that they're being done"

"... deal with this but i want to use my voice to say i am unhappy with the continued encroachment on our human rights without any analysis without the government framing the debate within that and an acknowledgement that when we do that it must be temporary it must be proportionate and it must be if when it's discriminatory it must be based on fact and for targeted and for a small piece of time going back to the latest virus and the word moronic we have designated south africa and we have punished south africa for being good and for analyzing the virus and sharing that knowledge with us rather than embracing them and now we know that that virus is in ireland and other countries and not necessarily from south africa or any country at all and yet we've gone down again the demonization route might be too strong a word but certainly the the punishment route in relation to our approach to dealing with covid for all those reasons i will not be supporting this legislation thank you"