Effects Of Consuming Xylitol On Gut Microbiota And Lipid Metabolism In Mice

Mauritio

It is made from mold. May cause allergies.
But it doesn't in me. And I'm really prone to having allergic reactions to substances.
I don't know if I get an reaction from this but its definitely less than from vitamin e ,b2 ,glycine ,and vitamin c.
So I'll keep taking it.

But it doesn't in me. And I'm really prone to having allergic reactions to substances.
I don't know if I get an reaction from this but its definitely less than from vitamin e ,b2 ,glycine ,and vitamin c.
So I'll keep taking it.

great! I am very interested in your experiences and watching closely. Much appreciate your sharing.

Mauritio

Mauritio

So I think I will go a little lower on xylitol. Paradoxically it gives me constipation, which is counter productive because I was taking it in the first place to speed up transit time.
It pulls out water during digestion so I think this is why it might constipated me as I don't drink much anyway.
I'll drink more and take less . Let's see how it will go..

Sativa

I swish a pinch of xylitol (for as long as possible), for oral anti-bacterial & make full advantage of the laxative effect... i then spit it out. For me it can lead to digestive upset.

Dave Clark

I swish a pinch of xylitol (for as long as possible), for oral anti-bacterial & make full advantage of the laxative effect... i then spit it out. For me it can lead to digestive upset.
Yes, not condemning xylitol, but I used to use it liberally and it stimulated my bowels too much. I thought it was other things, so I quit the xylitol for a few weeks to see if it made a difference, and it did, so needless to say I wasn't going to be using it as my sugar source. However, I do swish it around my mouth and use it for oral health, and have not had any issues, plus once and a while I may put some in my coffee or other things, but I use a small amount. I think sugar alcohols in general can mess with the digestive system, some people more than others. I get less digestive stimulation from erythritol, but I still don't use sugar alcohols as my sugar source (especially after being on this forum and seeing that sugar isn't necessarily the devil people say it is, I just sugar).

LeeLemonoil

Maybe Xylitol is life-extending / anti-ageing

Dave Clark

Maybe Xylitol is life-extending / anti-ageing
Great news on xylitol. I think the dose is the key to people using it without problems. I use a small amount in coffee or as an oral rinse and currently have no issues that I know of. Usage is probably individualized, some people can use it in cooking, baking, etc., with no digestive issues, and others have to back off into lower amounts. But, at least the science is positive, so even small amounts should be beneficial.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Xylitol has played a important roll in restoring my digestion system to healthy, i was always bloated for years and could not digest many foods, Xylitol has helped greatly, i consume about 1/4 to 1/3 cup a day, sometimes now that i feel better i will go few weeks with out having any, i use it to make lemonade, or desserts or can just add to water, tastes and looks just like sugar, you want to start slow, maybe 1 tsp a day then up to tablespoon a day and up to 1/3 cup a day, you want to start slow because one of its excellent benefits is it loosens and increases bowl activity. I prefer the Xylitol made from Birch and Beach Tree.
What made you use up to 1/4 cup (12 tsp) a day?
Did you read a study somewhere where they used that much?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals