Does Your Body Have A Carbon Dioxide Reserve?

Such_Umami

I heard either Roddy or Peat talking about how the body has a reserve of carbon dioxide. Is this true and can I find any resources with more information on this?

Hans

Bicarbonate in the body can convert into CO2 when needed, so that serves as a reserve, but I don't think the body stores CO2. It's constantly being expired.

lampofred

I think Peat said our bones are a reserve-buffer of carbon dioxide.

Such_Umami

There's interesting. Also sodium bicarb being an alkaline and c02 being an acid. It makes me wonder if the ratio of the two has anything to do with the respiratory response given that it's driven by PH.

Hans

There's interesting. Also sodium bicarb being an alkaline and c02 being an acid. It makes me wonder if the ratio of the two has anything to do with the respiratory response given that it's driven by PH.
Acidity to stimulate respiration, but due to the improved oxygenation induced by high CO2, respiration is actually slower and deeper.
Lactic acid and serotonin promote breathing and hyperventilation which remove too much CO2 from the blood and can induce acidity. Peat mentioned something along the lines of lactic acid promotes acidity and not CO2.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A What Does Coffe Increase Or Decrease In The Body? Ask For Help or Advice 10
GreekDemiGod When Does The Peat-body Start Buzzing With Energy? Ask For Help or Advice 81
rawmeat What Vitamins And Nutrients Does Alcohol Deplete Most From Your Body? Metabolism 3
A Does High Dose Vitamin C Increase The Body's Requirements For Magnesium (or Sodium) ? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 18
K What Does It Mean When Your Body Feels Like It Got Hit By A Car After Low Carb For 2 Days? Ask For Help or Advice 3
X Does The Body Increase DHT To Compensate With High Estrogen? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
Cameron Does Estrogen Push Out Androgens Out Of The Skin Causing Body Hair? Metabolism 4
frant26 Why Does Phenibut Raise So Much My Body Temperature? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
johnwester130 Does Schizophrenia Deplete PUF From The Body ? Society 1
Captain_Coconut Raising Body Temp. Why Does Starch Work Better For Me Than Sugar? Metabolism 28
M How Long Does Serotonin Stay In The Body? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 4
Elize Why Does My Body Ache When Taking Vitamin D3 Vitamins 35
scarlettsmum Lactic Acid What Does It Do In The Body, Why Not? Autism 2
johnwester130 Where Does Coconut Oil "go" If The Body Does Not Store It ? Health 12
R Does Aspirin & Vitamin E Deplete Or Make The Body Utilize More K2? Aspirin 9
mayweatherking Does thyroid use up calcium in the body? mayweatherking 332
uuy8778yyi Butter Doesn't Raise Body Temp. Coconut Oil Does. Why ? Coconut Oil 4
S How does the body signal hunger for protein? Meat 11
C Does your body constantly need fat and protein? Ask For Help or Advice 3
D Does Scalp Oil/Sebum Prevent New Hair Growth On Bald Heads ? Hair & Nails 1
M Why does harmless harvest coconut water have so much phosphorus? Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 5
T Thorne Research vitamin K2 liquid topically does nothing to me Ask For Help or Advice 1
soul_rebel Does the RPF Have a Global Reach? Society 7
J Does phosphatidylserine tolerance exist? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
OccamzRazer Why does everyone have post-nasal drip & bad breath all of a sudden? Symptoms, Causes 32
T Does coffee interfere with vitamin E oral absorption? Ask For Help or Advice 2
TypicalJock Hello, I used to suffer from thickness in blood, does consuming PUFA effect the thickness of blood Ask For Help or Advice 7
youngsinatra Does Anyone Of You Also Have Hyperthyroid-Like BT & Pulse? Ask For Help or Advice 18
T Canned cod liver - how does Omega 3 temporarily make you feel better? Diet 1
M How long does it take to solve a trace mineral deficiency? Ask For Help or Advice 14
joshquintanilla Lucerne 1% Milk does not contain emulsifiers Dairy 5
A Does mouth breathing cure cancer ? Altitude, Bag Breathing, CO2, Light, Weather 3
F How often does thyroid receptor resistance happened in people that dont tolerate thyroid? Ask For Help or Advice 18
Sexypizza Does anyone know where I can buy tetracycline? Supplements 2
VendettaRed911 What, if any, effect does aspirin have on ketosis? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
M Carrot — Does It Have to Be a Salad?? Ask For Help or Advice 19
R Learned helplessness is actually backwards, helplessness is innate in mammals and does not have to be learned, helpfulness is what is actually learned Scientific Studies 1
M Does a lot of copper increase the need of vitamin C? Ask For Help or Advice 10
Michael Mohn Does serotonin in fruit raise serotonin blood levels? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
K How does Androsterone compare to Anastrozole as an AI? Thyroid and Hormones 12
E Does anyone know if glycine supplement raise hemoglobin? Ask For Help or Advice 0
M Crazy question, but does putting the finger in the throat to induce gagging , not vommitting, increase stomach acid? Ask For Help or Advice 1
yerrag When Inflammation Does Not Get Confirmed By Certain Markers of Inflammation Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 63
M Does taurine increase stomach acid or not? Ask For Help or Advice 3
K Why does vitamin K2 mk4 make my skin dry? K 4
S Why does Ask For Help or Advice 2
A Does vitamin K supplementation deplete vitamin E? Vitamins 25
bzmazu Vaccine: Twenty countries suspend injections; does that make you “hesitant?” Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 113
P Why does l dopa make me pee so much? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
ecstatichamster Aspirin increases cancer and mortality — or does it? Scientific Studies 9