Different Forms Of Arterial Plaque

Jam

That is great. Thank you.
If you have anything related to Albert Szent-Györgyi as well, that would be great too!

He mentions iodine a bit in his book Bioenergetics, but as far as specific substances go, he was far more interested in the quinones...

When I was a medical student, iodine in the form of KI was the universal medicine. Nobody knew what it did, but it did something and did something good. We students used to sum up the situation in this little rhyme: ‘If ye don’t know where, what, and why, prescribe ye then K and I.’ Our medical predecessors, possessing very few and crude instruments only, had to make use of two given by nature (the use of which has since gone out of fashion): eyes and brains. They were keen observers and the universal application of iodide might have been not without foundation.

Last edited:

Elie

Forum Supporter
I wonder if potassium iodide would make a good natural gastrointestinal antibiotic.

Jam

I wonder if potassium iodide would make a good natural gastrointestinal antibiotic.

Probably not, as most of it seems to be absorbed in the stomach. Something like Iodoral would reach further down the digestive track.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Hmm... I have Panquinone (triquinoyl and naphthaquinones) but no Lapodid (emodin and beta-lapachone). Will that do?
A small amount of I2 is always (very slowly) formed in a KI solution due to the I- being oxidized to I2. An SSKI solution always starts off as completely transparent, and over the course of a few weeks takes on a yellowish tinge due to the tiny I2 content. It can be fully converted to I2 by adding any strong oxidizing agent such as H2O2. The biochemistry of how and where it is absorbed in the body, and how much of it is converted to I2, etc. is a bit more complicated, but in general the body oxidizes what it needs (such as oxidizing it with H202 to form hypoiodous acid, which is the job of the myeloperoxidase enzymes.)
I'll try it first then. Thanks!
After a day substituting methylene blue with Panquinone, while still taking SSKI, and everything else I've been taking unchanged, I experienced waking up more often at night to urinate, and all my gains in reducing bp disappeared.

It may be the dosing with PanQuinone, which is guesswork, and I may have dosed too little. Or it may be that lapachone in Lapodin is very different and is more effective.

I'll give Panquinone a day or two more.

Looking at what else changed, last week I got great bp lowering when I changed from magnesium bicarbonate to magnesium acetate, while on mb and sski. But I was also taking green mango juice for potassium. Maybe I should go back to drinking green mango juice and see if it reduces my urination and lowers my bp.

Add: I was also on 1500mg potassium citrate each day last week. So that's another thing I changed that may matter a lot.

Last edited:

Jam

After a day substituting methylene blue with Panquinone, while still taking SSKI, and everything else I've been taking unchanged, I experienced waking up more often at night to urinate, and all my gains in reducing bp disappeared.

It may be the dosing with PanQuinone, which is guesswork, and I may have dosed too little. Or it may be that lapachone in Lapodin is very different and is more effective.

I'll give Panquinone a day or two more.

Looking at what else changed, last week I got great bp lowering when I changed from magnesium bicarbonate to magnesium acetate, while on mb and sski. But I was also taking green mango juice for potassium. Maybe I should go back to drinking green mango juice and see if it reduces my urination and lowers my bp.

Add: I was also on 1500mg potassium citrate each day last week. So that's another thing I changed that may matter a lot.
It is interesting that methylene blue would reduce your blood pressure, as it is known to do the opposite. However, your dose may be too low to have such an effect.

Jam

By the way, yesterday morning, even though the abscess wasn't 100% healed yet (more like 90%), I discontinued the SSKI and applied 5 drops of Lapodin throughout the day instead. Today, it is 100% healed and back to the dormant granuloma stage, and is definitely smaller now (by about 50%) than before. So, Lapodin definitely didn't make it worse, atleast.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

It is interesting that methylene blue would reduce your blood pressure, as it is known to do the opposite. However, your dose may be too low to have such an effect.
I think that the mb works only on the infection though, and the high blood pressure is caused more by inflammation rather than infection, with the inflammation being caused by immune complexes.

I switched from panquinone to mb after dinner, and went back to taking potassium citrate. Before turning in, my bp had gone down already to its recent lows. Perhaps the effect is from both, but I think it's got more to do with using potassium citrate, with most of the effect from citrate.

I checked what's in green mangoes, and it has oxalic, malic, tartaric, and citric acid. The tartness though coming mostly from malic and citric acid. It would be interesting to see if bp would lower further once I resume drinking green mango smoothies.

By the way, yesterday morning, even though the abscess wasn't 100% healed yet (more like 90%), I discontinued the SSKI and applied 5 drops of Lapodin throughout the day instead. Today, it is 100% healed and back to the dormant granuloma stage, and is definitely smaller now (by about 50%) than before. So, Lapodin definitely didn't make it worse, atleast.
That makes me want to order Lapodin, or get my hands on Pau d'Arco. So many quinones, the only way to be familiar with each is to use it.

Doesn't it bug you though, that the abscess came back after all these years, making you realize the periodontal infection is still active, and not fully contained? As this means you'l have to keep suppressing it? Still, it's still better than not being able to suppress the infection.

Jam

I think that the mb works only on the infection though, and the high blood pressure is caused more by inflammation rather than infection, with the inflammation being caused by immune complexes.

I switched from panquinone to mb after dinner, and went back to taking potassium citrate. Before turning in, my bp had gone down already to its recent lows. Perhaps the effect is from both, but I think it's got more to do with using potassium citrate, with most of the effect from citrate.

I checked what's in green mangoes, and it has oxalic, malic, tartaric, and citric acid. The tartness though coming mostly from malic and citric acid. It would be interesting to see if bp would lower further once I resume drinking green mango smoothies.

That makes me want to order Lapodin, or get my hands on Pau d'Arco. So many quinones, the only way to be familiar with each is to use it.

Doesn't it bug you though, that the abscess came back after all these years, making you realize the periodontal infection is still active, and not fully contained? As this means you'l have to keep suppressing it? Still, it's still better than not being able to suppress the infection.
Well, when the abscess healed the first time, it turned into a dormant granuloma, this is quite common. Most of the time, they are only visible with ultrasound or x-rays. The only way to fully heal something like what I have would be to remove the buildup of tartar under the gums, which is extremely difficult to do without gum surgery or extraction. The former is right out... will probably eventually have it extracted (the bone there is very compromised), but while it's still relatively stable I'm keeping it the way it is.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I hope that works out well and that you won't have to undergo an extraction.

My dentist told me I have to do a "deep cleaning" to deal with the spread of periodontal infection. It was only after I told them I don't think extracting the periodontally infected tooth each time it happens is doing anything to stop the gradual and certain extraction of all my tooth over time. I doubt their deep cleaning won't do as much as what you and I are doing. How can they access the bacteria hiding in the crevices under the gum? Deep cleaning sounds nice and all. It also costs a lot and has no guarantee.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@Jam For what it's worth, I have to mention that the use of Panquinone was the nail in the coffin for my white tongue. It disappeared after using Panquinone, something which methylene blue failed to do after being used for a much longer time. I may still go back to using it.

Jam

I hope that works out well and that you won't have to undergo an extraction.

My dentist told me I have to do a "deep cleaning" to deal with the spread of periodontal infection. It was only after I told them I don't think extracting the periodontally infected tooth each time it happens is doing anything to stop the gradual and certain extraction of all my tooth over time. I doubt their deep cleaning won't do as much as what you and I are doing. How can they access the bacteria hiding in the crevices under the gum? Deep cleaning sounds nice and all. It also costs a lot and has no guarantee.
Yeah, while I was still letting them perform their deep cleaning procedures (had 4 in total), my teeth still kept merrily falling out. It wasn't until I stopped that and started taking matters into my own hands that the periodontal disease and tooth loss halted...

Last edited:

Jam

@Jam For what it's worth, I have to mention that the use of Panquinone was the nail in the coffin for my white tongue. It disappeared after using Panquinone, something which methylene blue failed to do after being used for a much longer time. I may still go back to using it.
I have Panquinone but haven't tried it yet. The white tongue (I only ever had a very mild case) completely disappeared after I started adding pure gum spirits turpentine to my tooth powder... roughly two drops per brushing.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

By the way, I just stumbled on an extremely interesting paper.

The increased ratio of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 versus 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in chronic periodontitis irrespective of obesity

Another reason to continue pouring Lapodin onto our gums.
Could you make a connection to why Lapodin is needed as the article talks about type 1 predominating over type enzyme but doesn't explain how Lapodin, or the lapachone quinone in it would help?

Jam

Jam

So, it seems that the Lapodin (several drops 3x daily), which I have been applying for 3 days directly on the gums, is shrinking the granuloma, it is virtually gone now.

johnwester130

Given what I've come to know about the nature of arterial plaque from the various posts and threads on the topic, I've become interested in finding out if anyone has been able to classify plaque. My online searches fail to give me answers, and I wonder if anyone here has better sources or better search skills that would provide some answers.

I'm given to think that there are different kinds of arterial plaques, and that knowing what type of plaque one's arteries. arterioles, and arterial capillaries one has would be very helpful. Matching a treatment specific to the type of plaque would be more effective than having a generalized approach to removing plaque.

If a plaque is mere calcification (if that counts as a plaque, which I argue it would), for example, it would perhaps merely involve magnesium and vitamin b6, and vitamin K2, as well as enabling oxidative metabolism to provide endogenous CO2 production which would transport calcium out of cells; among other things.

If the plaque involves the accumulation of cholesteryl esters from PUFA, then it would need the use of cyclodextrins to help macrophages to eat away the cholesteryl esters, as Ray Peat has mentioned in a recent 2019 newsletter.

If the plaque is the accumulation in the arterial walls of the remnants of a continuing skirmish between the protagonists - antigens and antibodies - from chronic bacterial infection and white blood cells responding to eliminate it, and calcium biofilms being formed by bacteria for protection, then the treatment would involve both biofilm busters and proteolytic enzymes to eat away the plaque.

But this is just my take on arterial plaques, and I'd like to get a more professional take on it. Some articles on this that's a step up from a simple Google search (that usually ends up with a poor take on it) would be very much appreciated.

which is the best proteolytic enzyme

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals