Different Forms Of Arterial Plaque

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Ideonaut

Wouldn’t the best approach be preventative measure as in first reducing the source of ones plaque. If it’s from PUFA then reduce PUFA. Other than that safe supplements that would be worth giving a shot would be the flush niacin, vitamin E, aspirin and vitamin K both K1 and K2. Then I would think garlic and something like ginger could have good benefits. Ginger has been shown to reduce body serotonin and wouldn’t suprise me if serotonin also was related to aterial damage in one way or another. Vitamin D also very strong anti serotonin in the gut. Combined with good K2 intake and calcium I think it would help clean up excess calcium in the blood. Also think a daily shot of whisky is beneficial for ones circulatory. Read it has more antioxidants than red wine and a smal shot of whisky each day has been shown to extend life both more than heavy drinkers and those who dont drink at all. So a little alcohol daily is actually better than completely avoiding. My guess is that stronger cleaner booze is better than beer for example.
Nikola Tesla recommended whiskey for longevity.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Jam

I've been using potassium iodide - as SSKI (supersaturated potassium iodide) taking 3drops twice a day, but I'm using it with 3 drops mb mixed with some distilled water just so I can swirl it in my mouth to disinfect the mouth of periodontal pathogens, and then I swallow it as a general antibiotic. I would also use a red light pen (Tendlite I bought in Amazon) and shining it inside my mouth right after I swallow the solution, while it's fresh. The red light potentiates the effect. I've seen the gingival abscess recede a lot.

I just had a bit of a flare-up in an old gingival abscess on a lower-left molar (that had basically turned into a small dormant granuloma) with some new inflammation, swelling and tenderness... I applied 3 drops of SSKI twice yesterday, and today , not only is the swelling gone... but so is the granuloma (almost).

Jam

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I just had a bit of a flare-up in an old gingival abscess on a lower-left molar (that had basically turned into a small dormant granuloma) with some new inflammation, swelling and tenderness... I applied 3 drops of SSKI twice yesterday, and today , not only is the swelling gone... but so is the granuloma (almost)
Your gums are more responsive to SSKI than mine it seems. After a month or so of using SSKI, I had to squeeze and break up the gingival abscess, oozing blood and flattening the abscess. Then swish the methylene blue and sski solution around my mouth, swallow it and then shine the red light. Will see if the abscess will be intimidated and not rear its ugly head lol

Jam

Your gums are more responsive to SSKI than mine it seems. After a month or so of using SSKI, I had to squeeze and break up the gingival abscess, oozing blood and flattening the abscess. Then swish the methylene blue and sski solution around my mouth, swallow it and then shine the red light. Will see if the abscess will be intimidated and not rear its ugly head lol
Do you have Lapodin? If you do, I would try 2-3 drops of that instead of the methylene blue. Seems to work better in my experience than MB for this sort of thing. I healed a brown recluse bite that had begun blistering in less than a week with daily SSKI (morning) and Lapodin (evening). It got to the stage where it would normally have started necrotizing, and then just scabbed over.

Elie

Forum Supporter
SSKI has roughly (depends on ambient temperature) 50mg of KI per drop.
mg or mcg?
That is many times more than the 6 mg or so in a dose of luggol iodine and far greater than the 150 mcg RDI or Ray's cap of about 500 mcg.
isn't that too much?
How often do you take it?

Jam

mg or mcg?
That is many times more than the 6 mg or so in a dose of luggol iodine and far greater than the 150 mcg RDI or Ray's cap of about 500 mcg.
isn't that too much?
How often do you take it?
Milligrams. Potassium Iodide (KI) has been used for over a century in gram-sized doses per day. Lugol's, on the other hand, also contains molecular iodine, which is highly reactive, and should thus be taken in much lower dosages.

I've been known to take up to a gram of KI daily, but normally take a few drops per day... 150-300mg. Albert Szent-Györgyi took 750mg per day for decades...

Elie

Forum Supporter
Milligrams. Potassium Iodide (KI) has been used for over a century in gram-sized doses per day. Lugol's, on the other hand, also contains molecular iodine, which is highly reactive, and should thus be taken in much lower dosages.

I've been known to take up to a gram of KI daily, but normally take a few drops per day... 150-300mg. Albert Szent-Györgyi took 750mg per day for decades...
Interesting insight.
I would think KI would dissociate in an aqueous environment of cells and can reform as molecular iodine, no?
I'd love to read more on this. Do you have any resources?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Do you have Lapodin? If you do, I would try 2-3 drops of that instead of the methylene blue. Seems to work better in my experience than MB for this sort of thing. I healed a brown recluse bite that had begun blistering in less than a week with daily SSKI (morning) and Lapodin (evening). It got to the stage where it would normally have started necrotizing, and then just scabbed over.
Hmm... I have Panquinone (triquinoyl and naphthaquinones) but no Lapodid (emodin and beta-lapachone). Will that do?

Jam

Interesting insight.
I would think KI would dissociate in an aqueous environment of cells and can reform as molecular iodine, no?
I'd love to read more on this. Do you have any resources?
A small amount of I2 is always (very slowly) formed in a KI solution due to the I- being oxidized to I2. An SSKI solution always starts off as completely transparent, and over the course of a few weeks takes on a yellowish tinge due to the tiny I2 content. It can be fully converted to I2 by adding any strong oxidizing agent such as H2O2. The biochemistry of how and where it is absorbed in the body, and how much of it is converted to I2, etc. is a bit more complicated, but in general the body oxidizes what it needs (such as oxidizing it with H202 to form hypoiodous acid, which is the job of the myeloperoxidase enzymes.)

Jam

Hmm... I have Panquinone (triquinoyl and naphthaquinones) but no Lapodid (emodin and beta-lapachone). Will that do?
It may work... but I don't know if those quinones have the same anti-inflammatory properties that beta-lapachone (also a naphthoquinone) and emodin have, beyond the antiseptic and NAD+ promoting properties...

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I'll try it first then. Thanks!

lampofred

I thought that was thyroid's main purpose, to keep arteries clean? OJ, milk, thyroid is all geared towards heart health.

Elie

Forum Supporter
A small amount of I2 is always (very slowly) formed in a KI solution due to the I- being oxidized to I2. An SSKI solution always starts off as completely transparent, and over the course of a few weeks takes on a yellowish tinge due to the tiny I2 content. It can be fully converted to I2 by adding any strong oxidizing agent such as H2O2. The biochemistry of how and where it is absorbed in the body, and how much of it is converted to I2, etc. is a bit more complicated, but in general the body oxidizes what it needs (such as oxidizing it with H202 to form hypoiodous acid, which is the job of the myeloperoxidase enzymes.)

any writings you can recommend?