DHT Prevents Prostate Cancer And May Even Treat It

Obi-wan

doing 8 drops of Gonadin also. More aromatase inhibition.

TheDrumGuy

I see what your saying, definetly not s perfect fix; damning the river to revert the flow doesnt seem like a good idea. Perhaps the valves in the spermatic vein havent collapsed but some type of pressure is being put on the vein from other organs? If the valves have collapsed could it be due to similar mechanisms as with heart disease? If so couldnt we fix it with vit c, amino acids and removal of the inflammatory stimulus (endotoxin, PUFA, heavy metals) over time? The valve issue is glossed over so many times in the article but its the most relevant aspect haha. The reductionism of the authors is stifling.

Yea that's medicine for you lol. The real question is what causes these vein problems. Maybe it's an estrogen related thing.

Obi-wan

I thought such amounts of progesterone were anti androgenic?
I believe I have been estrogen dominant for quit awhile. Have been doing higher doses of progesterone to become progesterone dominant, which I think I am at this point. This has actually shrunk my prostate. Originally it was big like a full balloon. Now it is soft but with hard nodules (fibrous?) Next step is to adjust the doses to become androgen dominant since I am a male. I am thinking lowering progesterone and at the same time increasing Preg. At the same time maintaining Andro... If this works then DHT + Progesterone IS the answer. Nothing like being a guinea pig. Lots of theory gets thrown around on the forum with studies. Here is a look at application...

Obi-wan

The studies I have seen say 1uM/L inhibit aromatase by more than 90% so 2mg - 3mg daily is enough for estrogen control.
The reason I asked was I think you said in the Andro post it has a half life of about 1/2 hour

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The reason I asked was I think you said in the Andro post it has a half life of about 1/2 hour

Yes, it has a short half life because it gets absorbed in tissues and probably converted into other 5-AR steroids, including DHT. The fact that it has short half life does not mean much as aromatase is inside the cell, not in the blood. So, you need androsterone to get out of the blood and into the cell to have these effects.
Come to think of it, not even sure why doctors are so gung-ho on half-life in the blood as whatever is in the blood is inactive until it reaches the cells. In fact, most toxic substance have relatively long half life because the tissues do not want to absorb those substances so they float around until the liver glucuronidates them and prepares them for excretion.

Regina

@haidut
Perhaps endotoxin is the etiologic factor behind the connection between hairloss, heart disease and prostate cancer/ BPH. Perhaps the sclerosing effect of TLR4 is whats leading to the damage in the valves of the testes resulting in the backflow of blood pooling excess androgens in the prostate. The TLR4 activation is also whats leading to the impedus for inflammation of the vasculature leading to heart disease and then a lack of vit c is blocking repair or not enough vit c is available for all the repair needed. (On a side note perhaps the absence of vit c in humans is due to a shift in digestion to absorption as opposed to fermentation leading to a lower vit c requirment with a lower endotoxing load then fermenting animals?) With hairloss the TLR4 fibrosis effect is leading to excessive fibrosis of the galea aponeurotica and superficial blood supply to the scalp.

The drug ketotifen may actuallt serve as the interim cure, atleast from the standpoint of "first do no harm" for hairloss/ heart disease/ prostate cancer until the colonic flora can be made more desireable. Also, the link between starch consumption and gram negative endotoxin producing bacteria in the flora is huge.

This is tangential, but I think this also applies to obesity as well. The state of obesity seems to mirror that of factory farmed, grain fed cattle with the size of organism and the etiologies. I think the hormonal pathways you describe are indicators or signals of the underlying issue (i.e. Adrenal upregulation and excess cortisol) but arent the direct issues themselves. (Obviously, starvation and exercise stress play a role in the hormonal pathway issues, as does PUFA. But I see the first two as more accessory and PUFA like a propagator or amplifier of whatever inflammation is present).
Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Recently, ketotifen and lisuride got me out of a state I could not understand. I did not even expect that adrenalin issues would completely resolve as well. Getting out of the excess noradrenalin,, bowel issues, anemia and exercise intolerance allowed the pattern to shift--allowing my lungs to clear out and start working better. Thus, waking up after a solid (no adrenalin) night's sleep and able to train. Everything is working better. I think it is something more than a "bandaid" cure IF the body get start shifting toward greater disambiguation. But no doubt, there is more to resolve with gut.

GAF

Shockwave Therapy for BPH should work. You can buy your own machine from China and use it as needed on the rest of your body. Research it.

milk_lover

I think progesterone + androsterone would be enough but some extra pregnenolone usually helps with any endpoint steroid by protecting from imbalances and ensuring a lower dose does more.
If someone decides to apply progesterone + androsterone + K2 on the testicles, what would be a good ratio of them to ensure good anti-cortisol and pro-androgen activities? I am worried about progesterone anti-androgenity effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If someone decides to apply progesterone + androsterone + K2 on the testicles, what would be a good ratio of them to ensure good anti-cortisol and pro-androgen activities? I am worried about progesterone anti-androgenity effect.

I mentioned this in the thread on anticatabolic/anabolic steroid.

REOSIRENS

I'm pretty sure my rat's prostate problems diminished when I put him back on Cypro. Rat reported that his prostate just felt less hard and his PSA went down from 4.5 to 3.5.
Cholesterol (cyproheptadine increases cholesterol) is protective against prostate cancer or problems ... What really damages prostate is estrogen...dht(high cholesterol diet actually raises dht) raises as protective physiological measure

Obi-wan

Cholesterol (cyproheptadine increases cholesterol) is protective against prostate cancer or problems ... What really damages prostate is estrogen...dht(high cholesterol diet actually raises dht) raises as protective physiological measure
Hello reosirens,

Just wanted to clarify your statement. Estrogen damages prostate. DHT protects it. Cholesterol increases DHT

Obi-wan

I agree! Do we agree that it is the LDL portion of cholesterol that increases DHT?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I agree! Do we agree that it is the LDL portion of cholesterol that increases DHT?

Yes, the HDL simply carries toxins back to the liver for excretion. It usually rises when drinking alcohol, which reliably raises endotoxin levels. LDL is the steroid precursor.

TreasureVibe

Reversal Of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia By Selective Occlusion Of Impaired Venous Drainage In Males

Aka fixing varicocele regresses prostate volume in benign prostate hyperplasia. I reasoned in another topic that any hormone in the blood could technically leak into the prostate if the venous drainage system is impaired. Also, as proponents on the forum here argued that estrogen is responsible for varicocele, I theorize that estrogen gets aromatised in the pampiniform plexus, and that this estrogen is leaking back into the prostate, causing either benign prostate hyperplasia or prostate cancer.

vulture

I believe I have been estrogen dominant for quit awhile. Have been doing higher doses of progesterone to become progesterone dominant, which I think I am at this point. This has actually shrunk my prostate. Originally it was big like a full balloon. Now it is soft but with hard nodules (fibrous?) Next step is to adjust the doses to become androgen dominant since I am a male. I am thinking lowering progesterone and at the same time increasing Preg. At the same time maintaining Andro... If this works then DHT + Progesterone IS the answer. Nothing like being a guinea pig. Lots of theory gets thrown around on the forum with studies. Here is a look at application...
doesn't Progesterone and DHT compete for "receptors"?

TreasureVibe

Last edited:

Obi-wan

doesn't Progesterone and DHT compete for "receptors"?

This unfortunately did not work for me. I got off of andro deprivation therapy and my PSA shot back up while taking high progesterone. After the many discussions with Travis I believe DHT is not good while cancer is present as it produces polyamines and proliferation.

Obi-wan

Also see my latest post in this topic where I doubt the safety of IP6+Inositol:

What Do You Know About IP6/IP-6/inositol Hexaphosphate/phytate/phytic Acid?

And see here a proposed cancer treatment using potassium ascorbate with ribose, underlined with years of research by Dr. Pantellini and his researching institute:

Potassium Ascorbate With Ribose For Cancer (With Cell Level Explanation Inside) Possible Treatment

Interesting, would like to get @Travis thoughts on this. A low sodium high potassium diet would help (as I eat a banana and drink my Cocoa powder and cinnamon coffee while writing this)

Travis

Interesting, would like to get @Travis thoughts on this. A low sodium high potassium diet would help (as I eat a banana and drink my Cocoa powder and cinnamon coffee while writing this)

I am about to makes some cinnamon coffee right now. I take a thin-barked cinnamon stick and brutally 'crunch it up,' letting the cinnamon shards fall towards the bottom of the French press. With this magical bark thus contained, I prevent its escape by burying it in roughly one inch of ground coffee—after which it gets near-boiling water poured onto it.

Most fruits have approximately equal amounts of fructose and glucose, yet the the banana is a common exception. Fructose does little to raise insulin, and the all-glucose banana has the highest glycemic index of fruit. While it's true that bananas are one of the few fruits that pair well with coffee, coconut-stuffed dates and figs do as well. If you have the inclination for a little work, you should try chocolate-dipped dates. All that is needed are dates, chocolate, and a stovetop to melt it. You can use 100% pure chocolate—with no added sugar—because the dates are naturally-sweet. Pure chocolate, or so-called 'baking chocolate,' often can be found in the baking aisle in larger blocks.

Dates that've been coconut-stuffed & chocolate-dipped are really good with coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals