DHT Prevents Prostate Cancer And May Even Treat It

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
DHT is a youth hormone.

Why on earth would anyone want to reduce it ??

My point exactly. The DHT:T ratio is higher in youth and then starts to decline around puberty never to return to youthful levels again.
Dihydrotestosterone and testosterone throughout the life span of Czech men. - PubMed - NCBI
"...CONCLUSION: High DHT:T ratio in infancy decreases at puberty and throughout the entire reproductive period of life this ration remains practically constant."

The whole idea of blocking/reducing it is idiotic and we are now seeing the tragic results with all the people with PFS walking around like zombies or the castrated men literally falling apart.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I see what your saying, definetly not s perfect fix; damning the river to revert the flow doesnt seem like a good idea. Perhaps the valves in the spermatic vein havent collapsed but some type of pressure is being put on the vein from other organs? If the valves have collapsed could it be due to similar mechanisms as with heart disease? If so couldnt we fix it with vit c, amino acids and removal of the inflammatory stimulus (endotoxin, PUFA, heavy metals) over time? The valve issue is glossed over so many times in the article but its the most relevant aspect haha. The reductionism of the authors is stifling.

BPH is at this point quite well known (in research circles) to be linked to endotoxin, and the ensuing adrenaline overload. Anti-adrenaline drugs like clonidine are already approved for BPH but not many doctors know about the link and prescribe them.
Prostate Enlargement (BPH) May Be Due To Endotoxin
Enlarged Prostate (BPH) Can Be Treated By Anti-adrenaline Drugs

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey @tca300, I have read many of your posts. Yes, I do all but mushrooms and red light. Prostate cancer is a hormonal driven cancer. Firmagon stopped all bone pain and stiffness when I started taking it. I am starting to get these symptoms back. Currently concentrating on Progesterone, Preg.,and T4/T3, T3. I also have removed my cell phone from my pocket since I feel this is a probable cause (constant excitation to various organs in that area). I feel the answer is controlling LH and FSH...why do men have FSH? It's so female!

DHT suppresses both LH and FSH in high doses. T does it even more effectively but it also increases estrogen, which drives cancer growth. So, the only bioidentical hormones that suppress LH/FSH and oppose estrogen are progesterone and DHT.

Wagner83

My point exactly. The DHT:T ratio is highers in youth and then starts to decline around puberty never to return to youthful levels again.
Dihydrotestosterone and testosterone throughout the life span of Czech men. - PubMed - NCBI
"...CONCLUSION: High DHT:T ratio in infancy decreases at puberty and throughout the entire reproductive period of life this ration remains practically constant."

The whole idea of blocking/reducing it is idiotic and we are now seeing the tragic results with all the people with PFS walking around like zombies or the castrated men literally falling apart.
You posted a study on androsterone being anabolic , so isn't the drop in dht/strong androgens at puberty and beyond a way for the body to avoid hypertrophy of organs ? Also the drop in dht could simply be from the significant rise in T at puberty.

(2) in both sexes androsterone and testosterone propionate produced hypertrophy both in actual and in relative weights of liver and heart.
Kidneys and Sex Hormones. - PubMed - NCBI
"...In both normal and gonadectomized female rats and castrated male rats the male hormones (androsterone and esters of testosterone) produced true hypertrophy of the kidneys and could therefore be defined as nephrotrophic hormones...On the other hand, oestrogens in certain doses easily produced peculiar cyst-like degenerative changes in the kidneys, mostly confined to the boundary layer of the cortex and medulla...As androsterone has only a weak action on the female sex organs and occurs normally in the female organism, this hormone might also be cautiously tested in suitable kidney disease of women."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You posted a study on androsterone being anabolic , so isn't the drop in dht/strong androgens at puberty and beyond a way for the body to avoid hypertrophy of organs ? Also the drop in dht could simply be from the significant rise in T at puberty.

Well, technically T is even more hypertrophic because it causes cells to absorb water. Androsterone is better in terms of dry tissue gain, which is what counts anyways. Progesterone is also very good for that and both progesterone and androsterone are higher in youth.
Anyways, to your point about the DHT:T decline - yes, it is probably due to the increased T during puberty and adulthood. I did not say DHT is high in youth but the ratio of DHT:T and IMO that ratio declines probably due to reproductive reasons. A very high DHT:T ratio can make a male infertile so if a male organism wants to reproduce it needs a certain lower ratio of DHT:T.
But to johnwestern point - there is absolutely no rationale for designing therapies that lower the actual DHT levels. We need that hormone for so many things - brain, prostate, bone, skin, etc.

Obi-wan

DHT suppresses both LH and FSH in high doses. T does it even more effectively but it also increases estrogen, which drives cancer growth. So, the only bioidentical hormones that suppress LH/FSH and oppose estrogen are progesterone and DHT.

Based on your Androsterone posts Androsterone is a potent aromatase inhibitor and would block FSH from making aromatase by 90%. Since I already take a boat load of Progesterone, adding in Preg should convert downstream to DHT?

Wagner83

Well, technically T is even more hypertrophic because it causes cells to absorb water. Androsterone is better in terms of dry tissue gain, which is what counts anyways. Progesterone is also very good for that and both progesterone and androsterone are higher in youth.
Anyways, to your point about the DHT:T decline - yes, it is probably due to the increased T during puberty and adulthood. I did not say DHT is high in youth but the ratio of DHT:T and IMO that ratio declines probably due to reproductive reasons. A very high DHT:T ratio can make a male infertile so if a male organism wants to reproduce it needs a certain lower ratio of DHT:T.
But to johnwestern point - there is absolutely no rationale for designing therapies that lower the actual DHT levels. We need that hormone for so many things - brain, prostate, bone, skin, etc.
Ok, my point was with dht being a possible cause for hypertrophy or continued growth of organs. I understand that muscle tissue get better dry gains with dht than T, but for organs I think too much androsterone/dht could be an issue , hypertrophy of organs isn't desirable afaik . Am I wrong?

Obi-wan

As I am typing this I took my second 20mg of StreeNon and instantly felt a surge in energy and well being. Already did 50mg of Progesterone, (2 drops K2, 1 drop T4/T3, 3 drops Androsterone on scrotum)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok, my point was with dht being a possible cause for hypertrophy or continued growth of organs, I understand that muscle tissue get better dry gains with dht than T, but for organs I think too much androsterone/dht could be an issue too. Am I wrong?

You are right, too much reduced androgens is not a good thing but trying to reduce these androgens on purpose with drugs like Finasteride is crazy. Also, the average levels of 5-AR androgens has fallen about 30% since the 1970s, probably due to endocrine disruptors and all kinds of other environmental assaults. So the last thing we need is more reduction just because clueless doctors say there steroids are bad for males.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Based on your Androsterone posts Androsterone is a potent aromatase inhibitor and would block FSH from making aromatase by 90%. Since I already take a boat load of Progesterone, adding in Preg should convert downstream to DHT?

I think progesterone + androsterone would be enough but some extra pregnenolone usually helps with any endpoint steroid by protecting from imbalances and ensuring a lower dose does more.

Obi-wan

I think the answer to prostate cancer is in the testes

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think the answer to prostate cancer is in the testes

I think you are right - the testes are one of the main sites of estrogen production.

Obi-wan

I think you are right - the testes are one of the main sites of estrogen production.

By FSH? right. By the way just did another 20mg of Stressnon. Total 60mg this morning. Feeling good (DHT production?) based on the other stuff I took this morning. How long is the 3 drops of Androsterone good for since I want to stop aromatase continually?

Obi-wan

I am ready to kick some prostate cancer ****! I think the Stressnon is talking. Just did another 3 drops of Androsterone on the scrotum. Will be working with the combo Progesterone, Preg.,Andro. K2, T3, T4/T3. I will let the StressNon decide what pathways it wants to go.

Progesterone 100-400 mg
Preg 40-80mg
Andro 15-20mg
K2 5-10mg
combo T4/T3, T3 3-4 drops
all divided throughout the day

B

Braveheart

I am ready to kick some prostate cancer ****! I think the Stressnon is talking. Just did another 3 drops of Androsterone on the scrotum. Will be working with the combo Progesterone, Preg.,Andro. K2, T3, T4/T3. I will let the StressNon decide what pathways it wants to go.

Progesterone 100-400 mg
Preg 40-80mg
Andro 15-20mg
K2 5-10mg
Wow!

CLASH

@haidut
Perhaps endotoxin is the etiologic factor behind the connection between hairloss, heart disease and prostate cancer/ BPH. Perhaps the sclerosing effect of TLR4 is whats leading to the damage in the valves of the testes resulting in the backflow of blood pooling excess androgens in the prostate. The TLR4 activation is also whats leading to the impedus for inflammation of the vasculature leading to heart disease and then a lack of vit c is blocking repair or not enough vit c is available for all the repair needed. (On a side note perhaps the absence of vit c in humans is due to a shift in digestion to absorption as opposed to fermentation leading to a lower vit c requirment with a lower endotoxing load then fermenting animals?) With hairloss the TLR4 fibrosis effect is leading to excessive fibrosis of the galea aponeurotica and superficial blood supply to the scalp.

The drug ketotifen may actuallt serve as the interim cure, atleast from the standpoint of "first do no harm" for hairloss/ heart disease/ prostate cancer until the colonic flora can be made more desireable. Also, the link between starch consumption and gram negative endotoxin producing bacteria in the flora is huge.

This is tangential, but I think this also applies to obesity as well. The state of obesity seems to mirror that of factory farmed, grain fed cattle with the size of organism and the etiologies. I think the hormonal pathways you describe are indicators or signals of the underlying issue (i.e. Adrenal upregulation and excess cortisol) but arent the direct issues themselves. (Obviously, starvation and exercise stress play a role in the hormonal pathway issues, as does PUFA. But I see the first two as more accessory and PUFA like a propagator or amplifier of whatever inflammation is present).

Last edited:

Wagner83

Progesterone 100-400 mg
Preg 40-80mg
Andro 15-20mg
K2 5-10mg
I thought such amounts of progesterone were anti androgenic?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Perhaps endotoxin is the etiologic factor behind the connection between hairloss, heart disease and prostate cancer/ BPH. Perhaps the sclerosing effect of TLR4 is whats leading to the damage in the valves of the testes resulting in the backflow of blood pooling excess androgens in the prostate. The TLR4 activation is also whats leading to the impedus for inflammation of the vasculature leading to heart disease and then a lack of vit c is blocking repair or not enough vit c is available for all the repair needed. (On a side note perhaps the absence of vit c in humans is due to a shift in digestion to absorption as opposed to fermentation leading to a lower vit c requirment with a lower endotoxing load then fermenting animals?) With hairloss the TLR4 fibrosis effect is leading to excessive fibrosis of the galea aponeurotica and superficial blood supply to the scalp.

The drug ketotifen may actuallt serve as the interim cure, atleast from the standpoint of "first do no harm" for hairloss/ heart disease/ prostate cancer until the colonic flora can be made more desireable. Also, the link between starch consumption and gram negative endotoxin producing bacteria in the flora is huge.

This is tangential, but I think this also applies to obesity as well. The state of obesity seems to mirror that of factory farmed, grain fed cattle with the size of organism and the etiologies. I think the hormonal pathways you describe are indicators or signals of the underlying issue (i.e. Adrenal upregulation and excess cortisol) but arent the direct issues themselves. (Obviously, starvation and exercise stress play a role in the hormonal pathway issues, as does PUFA. But I see the first two as more accessory and PUFA like a propagator or amplifier of whatever inflammation is present).

I think Peat would agree with everything posted here so far. A person asked him recently over email whether keeping dopamine high and PUFA low would be the 101 guide to long and healthy life. He responded with something along the lines of "yes, but also keeping the intestine as clean as possible because all degenerative disease and steroid imbalance begin with endotoxin".

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
By FSH? right. By the way just did another 20mg of Stressnon. Total 60mg this morning. Feeling good (DHT production?) based on the other stuff I took this morning. How long is the 3 drops of Androsterone good for since I want to stop aromatase continually?

The studies I have seen say 1uM/L inhibit aromatase by more than 90% so 2mg - 3mg daily is enough for estrogen control.