DHT Prevents Prostate Cancer And May Even Treat It

EndAllDisease

According to Dr. Peter Gotzsche of the Nordic Cochrane Centre in Denmark, the best way to prevent breast or prostate cancer is to avoid breast and prostate cancer screening.

A study by Gilbert Welch found that since the prostate cancer screening PSA test began in the early 1990's until 2003, the number of men misdiagnosed and brutally treated for prostate cancer was about 1.3 million. The cancer industry is a monster, time to stand back and watch it fall.

Obi-wan

According to Dr. Peter Gotzsche of the Nordic Cochrane Centre in Denmark, the best way to prevent breast or prostate cancer is to avoid breast and prostate cancer screening.

A study by Gilbert Welch found that since the prostate cancer screening PSA test began in the early 1990's until 2003, the number of men misdiagnosed and brutally treated for prostate cancer was about 1.3 million. The cancer industry is a monster, time to stand back and watch it fall.

Nothing wrong with monitoring with a simple PSA blood test. If it starts accelerating then you can decide your options. My PSA hit 13,000. If I did not get on andro depravation therapy I would be DEAD...

Owen B

If falling 5-AR levels are such a huge factor, for people taking progesterone - even for prostate issues - wouldn't 5a-DHP be a better choice since it's already 5-AR reduced?

MrSmart

If falling 5-AR levels are such a huge factor, for people taking progesterone - even for prostate issues - wouldn't 5a-DHP be a better choice since it's already 5-AR reduced?

Can you rephrase that?

Owen B

Can you rephrase that?
Well, actually not that much.... I'm really not that conversant around chemistry.

I'm waiting to see if others are going to weigh in on it.

It seems like it would be a good choice - even esp. for prostate problems -. The original 5a-DHP post reiterates that 5-AR levels are very low in elderly people, and in people with high stress.

MrSmart

Well, actually not that much.... I'm really not that conversant around chemistry.

I'm waiting to see if others are going to weigh in on it.

It seems like it would be a good choice - even esp. for prostate problems -. The original 5a-DHP post reiterates that 5-AR levels are very low in elderly people, and in people with high stress.

Well, that's a wrong conclusion.

Ras

Nothing wrong with monitoring with a simple PSA blood test. If it starts accelerating then you can decide your options. My PSA hit 13,000. If I did not get on andro depravation therapy I would be DEAD...
No androgens = dead

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

vulture

Haidut, you have previosly talked about mesterolone as an interesting compound. Can you elaborate on mesterolone vs DHT? I'd like to know main differences and effects.
I emailed Peat asking why he said mesterolone might not be safe.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, you have previosly talked about mesterolone as an interesting compound. Can you elaborate on mesterolone vs DHT? I'd like to know main differences and effects.
I emailed Peat asking why he said mesterolone might not be safe.

I also have concerns about mesterolone safety but it is probably less risky than 17-alpha methylated compounds out there. Extra methyl groups, in this case at position C-1, tend to cause issues with liver. Reports on Proviron causing issues with liver are sparse, and dose-dependent. So, in doses below 25mg it is probably even less risky but I would still prefer bioidentical DHT if it can be obtained legally.

vulture

I also read in a website from a mesterolone lab that they recommend (for hypogonadism) to use some kind of "load" protocol, like 75+ mg a day (or even more) for some months then lowering dosage. Then keeping 50 mg to 75 mg for "maintenance"
Landerlan

Such thing seems common on forums and steroid websites to be suggested...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I also read in a website from a mesterolone lab that they recommend (for hypogonadism) to use some kind of "load" protocol, like 75+ mg a day (or even more) for some months then lowering dosage. Then keeping 50 mg to 75 mg for "maintenance"
Landerlan

Such thing seems common on forums and steroid websites to be suggested...

That dose will completely suppress whatever endogenous production is left and I don't see why the dose needs to be so high given that almost all of it is absorbed. As Peat said, a young muscular man produces about 5mg-7mg T daily, so that would be the most to take without risk of side effects. Even with 25mg Proviron I think taking pregnenolone/DHEA is a good idea to ensure enough neurosteriods are produced. This is something many endocrinologists often forget - treating a condition should not create a new one. Namely, alleviating hypogonadism with high doses Proviron should not create mental issues by suppressing completely synthesis of progesterone, allopregnanolone, androsterone, etc. Yet, I have not met an endo yet that is even aware of the risk, yet alone try to mitigate it with pregnenolone/progesterone/DHEA or by using lower doses Proviron. For them everything exists in an isolation and has to be treated as if it affects nothing else.

MrSmart

Why is that?

Because there is little proof of substantially different intraprostatic DHT in benign or malignant hyperplasia according to recent evidence.

Moreover, 5-AR enzymes need not change expression ubiquitously across all tissue.

Obi-wan

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
"Testosterone (T) either directly or via its transformation into the more potent metabolite 5α-dihydrotestosterone (5α-DHT) or via aromatization into estradiol (E2). But which way will it go?

I take Firmagon which blocks LH (testosterone) and FSH (makes enzymes for conversion) I also take Progesterone...I also still make hormones from my adrenal glands

Some of the T would probably go to estrogen, but if you remember the 2 recent human studies with advanced prostate cancer, direct injections of T into the prostate induced remission in everybody and nobody got worse event though their E also increased.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals