BearWithMe

So measure a bunch of trials in the same spot, take the average

Then measure a bunch of trials in the same spot, but right next to your phone, take the average
Yeah, but two different sources of EMF doesn't add to each other in a linear way, so it's not like 2-1=1

Lol, I stand corrected.

I agree. From what I have heard, many countries like Canada, Europe etc have worse taxes than here. Funny though, how Americans want to be ultra liberal and ultra high taxes just like you guys (Hint, not me). So it's only a matter of time before things get like that here. I better get my wealth while I can... Lol

As you have just proven to me, liberals aren't about "taxing the rich" they're also about "taxing the middle class". Ironically, what they do is only make the gap between middle class and rich even BIGGER even though they promote the opposite, while simultaneously eliminating the middle class and making only two classes - Poor and rich.

People like bernie sanders and hillary clinton and Cortez would LOVE to make taxes as high as Europe.
This is so very true. All the Europeans I know always looked up to the US taxation system and the way the tax money are used and wished to have system like this. We just can't understand why almost half of the Americans apparently wants to adapt our system, this doesn't make any sense. And yes, it eradicates middle clas, and it also make lives of the lowest classes extremely miserable, because with high taxation, prices of everything skyrockets and salaries gets lower. I really hope this doesn't happen in US.

Btw, when you add all the various taxes and fees in Europe together, you get 70% total taxation in the eastern Europe, 80% in western Europe and almost 90% (yes, this is not a typo, it's 90%) in Scandinavia.

Cirion

This is so very true. All the Europeans I know always looked up to the US taxation system and the way the tax money are used and wished to have system like this. We just can't understand why almost half of the Americans apparently wants to adapt our system, this doesn't make any sense. And yes, it eradicates middle clas, and it also make lives of the lowest classes extremely miserable, because with high taxation, prices of everything skyrockets and salaries gets lower. I really hope this doesn't happen in US.

Btw, when you add all the various taxes and fees in Europe together, you get 70% total taxation in the eastern Europe, 80% in western Europe and almost 90% (yes, this is not a typo, it's 90%) in Scandinavia.

Dayum, my condolences man... You should move to like Texas or something =P I am pretty sure they don't even have sales tax there!

I think either

-- People are plain ignorant of the taxes there and think we can achieve the same social programs here via just "taxing the rich". Again, I don't think people realize "tax the rich" is code for "increase all taxes, including the middle class". I've made this very argument to people on this very forum (I won't name names) and very disappointed to see even people on THIS Forum have drunk the kool-aid =(( Luckily, the person in mind was not a US citizen though =P

-- People think we can do it better here. Hint - we can't. Big government is big government and will always seek to gain power and lower freedoms.

NathanK

It's not just social media, but media, period, playing a part:
U.S. youth suicides up after Netflix show, cause unclear - study
"...The rate of suicide in April 2017 was 28.9 percent higher among U.S. youth ages 10 to 17 than would be expected based on suicide counts and trends observed in previous years, the National Institutes of Health-supported (NIH) study said on Monday.

It found rates of suicide for 10- to 17-year-olds were also higher in the rest of the year, resulting in an additional estimated 195 suicide deaths from April to December 2017 versus expectations based on past data. The increase was driven primarily by young boys, they said.

A Netflix spokesman said the company had just seen the study and was reviewing it."

What I find striking in conjunction with the CDC report I posted earlier, and what nobody is talking about, is the alarming suicide rate of boys. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Literally

It's not just social media, but media, period, playing a part:

@NathanK somewhat sadly this is one of the oldest effects known in the social sciences. I think it was Goethe (the German poet) who published a novel that dramatized a suicide -- something that was taboo at the time. As the book swept through each country there was a noticeable boost in suicide rates in each of those countries. It was banned in many European countries.

Fast forward, there have been tons of studies on this... and the bottom line is that portraying suicide in any popular medium, and especially reporting news of actual suicides, are all reliably correlated to subsequent upticks in suicide rates. These are demographically specific, so that for example, if the news reports the suicide of a black woman, there will (statistically) be the greatest increase in suicides of black women for a short period of time.

It's one reason there is often limited to no coverage of suicide in the news... they are aware of the effect and do not want to trigger vulnerable people.

NathanK

@NathanK somewhat sadly this is one of the oldest effects known in the social sciences. I think it was Goethe (the German poet) who published a novel that dramatized a suicide -- something that was taboo at the time. As the book swept through each country there was a noticeable boost in suicide rates in each of those countries. It was banned in many European countries.

Fast forward, there have been tons of studies on this... and the bottom line is that portraying suicide in any popular medium, and especially reporting news of actual suicides, are all reliably correlated to subsequent upticks in suicide rates. These are demographically specific, so that for example, if the news reports the suicide of a black woman, there will (statistically) be the greatest increase in suicides of black women for a short period of time.

It's one reason there is often limited to no coverage of suicide in the news... they are aware of the effect and do not want to trigger vulnerable people.
That's one of the things so concerning to me. It appears like every week there is another celebrity killing themselves and media appears to glorify them. I don't know if you're in America, but it was shocking how much attention and praise was directed toward Anthony Bourdain.

I recall having multiple conversations when 12 Reasons Why came out. The increase, which was already on the rise, was painfully predictable. The premise alone was tailor-made for angsty teenagers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals