Makrosky

If I was the engineer of the phone software and had to create te backdoor for the NSA I would make it so that in airplane mode, if the phone doesn't detect a signal from any cell tower, it doesn't emit any signal. That way people analyzing it could never know if the radiation is from the phone or from the tower.

If you really want to be sure it doesn't emit, take the battery out.

For health purposes, I think airplane mode is safe.

aquaman

True, but why would this only occur to young people? Seems like all people would be exposed to chemicals and wifi at least.

The developing organism is more at risk than the developed. So children see worse impacts.

Lots of cumulative effects listed in this thread: pollution (air, radiation, water); glyphosphates; mobile phones/emf; low sugar intake, teenagers getting caught on health fads like green juices via Instagram; inter-generational cumulative impacts of bad environment (ray mentioned the 3rd generation in rat studies showed the worst effects of a biological stressor from memory - @haidut , do you know this quote?) ; more pressure from social media/general culture; etc etc.

lexis

Rise of new age practises..astrology,Emotion tapping Technique, forceful positive thinking movement,...etc

lvysaur

If I was the engineer of the phone software and had to create te backdoor for the NSA I would make it so that in airplane mode, if the phone doesn't detect a signal from any cell tower, it doesn't emit any signal. That way people analyzing it could never know if the radiation is from the phone or from the tower.
This could be circumvented pretty easily by just measuring the signal in an area around the phone, with trials taken at varying distances from it. Find the ambient signal strength, and just subtract that from what you get when measuring right next to the phone.

BearWithMe

This could be circumvented pretty easily by just measuring the signal in an area around the phone, with trials taken at varying distances from it. Find the ambient signal strength, and just subtract that from what you get when measuring right next to the phone.
I don't think it works this way, EMF radiation is non-linear, I'm no expert, trough.

Makrosky

I don't think it works this way, EMF radiation is non-linear, I'm no expert, trough.
Yeah I think it's impossible. It's everywhere and it varies depending on many things : someone turns his phone in the adjacent room, the 4g tower starts emitting less/more depending on whatever factors, a neighbour turns on/off the wifi....
Only solution I think is using a faraday cage and use a forged 4g signal making the phone think it is on open air.

BearWithMe

Ok, I'm depressed millenial and I will tell you why I'm depressed.

The prices of real estate skyrocketed so high that we are paying over 70% of our incomes just for rent. There is very little chance that we would ever be able to afford our own houses. The pension/retirement system is slowly collapsing. We are paying 33% of our EBT to the retirement/pension system, but we will most likely won't get ANY pension at all when we retire. Epidemies of deadly diseases are coming back (think measles in recent days). Nature is so polluted and damaged there are almost no insects anymore. Very aggresive and violent aliens are flooding our countries and killing our citizens while governments covering and protecting them. The cold war is starting again. Plus huge unemployment problem in a lot of countries - there are just no jobs and when there is a job it is often poorly paid.

And for some reason, the older generations are blaming us "and our stupid smartphones" for all this.

I'm in Europe but I'm sure this is true for other places too.

There is just no future, no hope for us. For so many reasons.

We are just f**ed.

And I think the decline of our physical health is a result of stress from all this pressure and uncertainty.

56295332_2151147604963375_6848200292614275072_n.jpg

Last edited:

Cirion

The prices of real estate skyrocketed so high that we are paying over 70% of our incomes just for rent. There is very little chance that we would ever be able to afford our own houses.

You just need to know where to look.

My parents paid $100,000 for their house literally 30 yrs ago. How much did I pay for my house I bought a few yrs ago? $132,000. Hardly any more at all. In fact, far LESS than simple inflation calculators would come up with for a 30 yr span of time. And, even this house is more than I really need and I could have gotten by with a <100k one no problem.

Same deal with rent.

Sure a lot of places aren't cheap. However, a few yrs back I was at a pool party and a couple of dudes told me they were sharing a studio apartment for $300 a month, $150/month per person. Just because most places cost > $600 a month doesn't mean there aren't deals out there. You just need to hunt for them. ANd/or be willing to have roommates at least until you can afford a house.

There are things you can do is what I'm saying.

Sure some things in life suck. But rather than complain about things (Not saying you are per-se, but many are), there ARE things in your power that you CAN do.

If you're living somewhere where the rent is $2000/month, all I can say at that point... Time to move. I made specifically sure I would move to a low cost of living place and NOT California or NYC or anything like that.

BearWithMe

You just need to know where to look.

My parents paid $100,000 for their house literally 30 yrs ago. How much did I pay for my house I bought a few yrs ago? $132,000. Hardly any more at all. In fact, far LESS than simple inflation calculators would come up with for a 30 yr span of time. And, even this house is more than I really need and I could have gotten by with a <100k one no problem.

I'm in Europe. Just have checked the offerings, the cheapest houses in my country are starting at 300k EUR (340k USD) and our median yearly income is 12k EUR (14k USD).

Do the math.

While the real estate market is definitely much worse in Europe, I'm sure the rest of my post is true for US too.

Cirion

I'm in Europe. Just have checked the offerings, the cheapest houses in my country are starting at 300k EUR (340k USD) and our median yearly income is 12k EUR (14k USD).

Do the math.

Gotcha. I live in the US. People make the same complaints here though even though there are options (like I presented). Sounds like time to move. I know I wouldn't accept a $300k price tag. Yeah screw that.

Fractality

I definitely think that depression is mostly physiological, but I also believe there is a "spiritual" component as well. Focusing solely on fixing the physiological side may not always automatically fix the "spiritual" side...

Cirion

Do the math.

While the real estate market is definitely much worse in Europe, I'm sure the rest of my post is true for US too.

Worth noting though that in the US a lot of houses are 300k+ also and people feel like they "need" to buy them because of family or because ... reasons. No, you don't lol. My ex wanted to buy a $350,000 house. Needless to say that sparked a lot of arguments. I'm not letting some girl make me buy a house over 3 times what I am willing to pay.

BearWithMe

Worth noting though that in the US a lot of houses are 300k+ also and people feel like they "need" to buy them because of family or because ... reasons. No, you don't lol. My ex wanted to buy a $350,000 house. Needless to say that sparked a lot of arguments. I'm not letting some girl make me buy a house over 3 times what I am willing to pay.
You won't find $132k house in habitable condition in any other developed country. I guarantee you that.
Why Is United States Property So Cheap Compared To The Rest Of The World?

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Insanely high taxes and government regulations are ruinig my life and someone who just bought a house for $132k is suggesting that it is my mistake. I'm depressed again lol :D

Cirion

Insanely high taxes and government regulations are ruinig my life and someone who just bought a house for $132k is suggesting that it is my mistake. I'm depressed again lol :D

Lol, I stand corrected.

I agree. From what I have heard, many countries like Canada, Europe etc have worse taxes than here. Funny though, how Americans want to be ultra liberal and ultra high taxes just like you guys (Hint, not me). So it's only a matter of time before things get like that here. I better get my wealth while I can... Lol

As you have just proven to me, liberals aren't about "taxing the rich" they're also about "taxing the middle class". Ironically, what they do is only make the gap between middle class and rich even BIGGER even though they promote the opposite, while simultaneously eliminating the middle class and making only two classes - Poor and rich.

People like bernie sanders and hillary clinton and Cortez would LOVE to make taxes as high as Europe.

lvysaur

I don't think it works this way
Yeah I think it's impossible. It's everywhere and it varies depending on many things : someone turns his phone in the adjacent room, the 4g tower starts emitting less/more depending on whatever factors, a neighbour turns on/off the wifi....
Only solution I think is using a faraday cage and use a forged 4g signal making the phone think it is on open air.
So measure a bunch of trials in the same spot, take the average

Then measure a bunch of trials in the same spot, but right next to your phone, take the average