Blossom

Forum Supporter
I used to think it was the cell phone radiation, but in that case, older people should be getting depressed at the same rates as young people. I actually think it might have something to do with GMO food after listening to Peat's last interview -- Dr. Peat said the effects of eating GMO don't really show up in the consumer of the food but in the offspring, who are born less and less fertile as the generations continue. By the third generation most of the world will be completely infertile. I would guess we are in the 2nd generation since the green revolution started in the 60s. Which means 90s babies are the first generation to be born from parents who grew up eating GMO food. But it's not hopeless because our good friend CO2 is capable of reversing epigenetic changes if we get enough of it.
I suspect this too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I suspect this too.

Older people don't have nearly the same exposure to EMF. Most of the people over 70 don't use cellphones as much. The biggest issue is not the ambient waves in which we all bathe. It is the phone in our pockets. As @Such_Saturation points our every once in a while they put out Watts (W) of power very near your body. Wifi routers are distant second offender putting out milliwatts (mW) and the danger from it decreases with the square of the distance from the router. No such protection from your cellphone, which is on you or very close to a body part most of the day. Also, older people are usually much more wary of pharma drugs and often do not take them even when prescribed simply because they forget. Unless it is pain pills, I think (but you'd know better as you work with patients) prescription compliance in elderly is much lower compared to the youngsters who pop antidepressants, ADHD drugs, BC pills, PPI, oxy, and a host of other pills like it's candy and "love" it...until it causes some horrible issue and even then the drugs are almost never blamed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Older people don't have nearly the same exposure to EMF. Most of the people over 70 don't use cellphones as much. The biggest issue is not the ambient waves in which we all bathe. It is the phone in our pockets. As @Such_Saturation points our every once in a while they put out Watts (W) of power very near your body. Wifi routers are distant second offender putting out milliwatts (mW) and the danger from it decreases with the square of the distance from the router. No such protection from your cellphone, which is on you or very close to a body part most of the day. Also, older people are usually much more wary of pharma drugs and often do not take them even when prescribed simply because they forget. Unless it is pain pills, I think (but you'd know better as you work with patients) prescription compliance in elderly is much lower compared to the youngsters who pop antidepressants, ADHD drugs, BC pills, PPI, oxy, and a host of other pills like it's candy and "love" it...until it causes some horrible issue and even then the drugs are almost never blamed.
I think it’s the cumulative impact of glyphosate. Sorry if I was unclear.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think it’s the cumulative impact of glyphosate. Sorry if I was unclear.

Oh yeah, that is also a huge factor without a doubt. However, I just don't see EPA banning it even with massive lawsuits gearing up.

Makrosky

@lampofred are you still seeing benefits from your breathing technique? I remember you mentioned you were in a very shitty energetic/mental state since moving to the city. To the point people was asking you on the streets if you were alright. And reading you now that doesn't seem to be the situation anymore. Tell us :)

Lee Simeon

That gave me relief in a weird way. I guess I can always reduce phone exposure as much as possible. Do you think there any significant reduction of EMF by having it in airplane mode?

lampofred

@lampofred are you still seeing benefits from your breathing technique? I remember you mentioned you were in a very shitty energetic/mental state since moving to the city. To the point people was asking you on the streets if you were alright. And reading you now that doesn't seem to be the situation anymore. Tell us :)

I still feel much sharper (and have a much larger appetite) whenever I get out of the city and go into suburbs where I'm exposed to much less radiation, but I do think I've become less sensitive to the massive amount of radiation I'm exposed to in my apartment.

The breathing technique helped me break out of it at first, but now what I do is mix vinegar and baking soda into a large plastic bottle and breathe/retain CO2 that way (made a thread about this before). I also take aspirin and Vit K every day to keep free fatty acids down and to keep glucose oxidation into CO2 up. Plus I constantly make an effort to not hyperventilate. Starting meditating has made that easier. Also have been completely avoiding PUFA as usual.

The most important thing for me when it comes to being able to handle radiation is just keeping CO2 as high as possible. But I still am going to move to a high altitude/low radiation location because the solution isn't perfect.

lampofred

oh and two other things that help are the sitali/sitkari pranayamas (easy to find on Google), and inhaling through my left nostril, retaining it, and exhaling out my right nostril. I think these techniques lower serotonin and EMF really increases serotonin.

lexis

I agree with the social media hypothesis. The thing I have witnessed, is if one does not partake in social media, they may become personally happier and more productive, yet at the same time they are viewed negatively for abstaining by their peers and may also begin to feel left out socially in many ways, as most “socialization” occurs these days in a quazi reality, so in this sense it is a bit like chosing to cut oneself off from “society” which can be depressing in of itself... It is a bit of a paradox beause if you choose to not partake, and seek a real social life, you also cut out most of your friends and family who are more absorbed in this quazi reality. If one has a circle of friends that do not rely on social media for their social gratification that goes a very long way.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
That gave me relief in a weird way. I guess I can always reduce phone exposure as much as possible. Do you think there any significant reduction of EMF by having it in airplane mode?

There may be but I don't trust the vendors and how they implemented airplane mode. One of the Snowden leaks showed that NSA can remotely get into a phone even when it was in airplane mode, which shows that it is probably just a lower EMF setting but not a true "off" mode. Even switched off phones could be remotely commanded to power up without the screen showing any signs of activity, and this has already been exploited by the FBI to track down suspects. Only taking the battery off truly turns the phone off", but I think airplane mode is probably still better than full power mode if the worry is simply reducing EMF exposure.

Fractality

There may be but I don't trust the vendors and how they implemented airplane mode. One of the Snowden leaks showed that NSA can remotely get into a phone even when it was in airplane mode, which shows that it is probably just a lower EMF setting but not a true "off" mode. Even switched off phones could be remotely commanded to power up without the screen showing any signs of activity, and this has already been exploited by the FBI to track down suspects. Only taking the battery off truly turns the phone off", but I think airplane mode is probably still better than full power mode if the worry is simply reducing EMF exposure.

It would be awesome if one of the forum users who have an EMF meter use it on their phone on airplane mode and when it's not in airplane mode.

Last edited:

Makrosky

It would be awesome if one of the forum user's who have an EMF meter use it on their phone on airplane mode and when it's not in airplane mode.
I could do that with my samsung phone but I'll have to be inside a faraday cage or in the middle of the forest. Everywhere else there's background EMF radiation. I don't think you can know if it is coming from the phone or not specially since, as haidut says, it is probably a low power mode.

schultz

Freaking EMF.... thankfully I live in, and work in, the country. Plus my shop is clad in metal and I get no reception in it.

I remember you mentioned you were in a very shitty energetic/mental state since moving to the city.

That's not surprising. In Toronto I rented half a basement for the price I currently pay as my mortgage, and I have 10 acres now. I realized quickly that driving in traffic everyday just to work at a mediocre job with people I had no relationship with but had to spend more time with than I do with my wife so that I could pay the rent on my half basement was stupid. I thought "wow I could get an easy minimum wage job and live in a better apartment in a smaller city, and not have the stress of all these cars and people to boot" I got a house in the country instead, and started my own business, and now rather than driving on the 401 everday I just walk to work, which is 15 seconds away. Saves me 1 hour per day + gas + vehicle wear + mental stress, and I can write off several things. Never will I live in the city again! I'd rather be poor in the country.

Atman

This could be tested easily. Turn your phone into airplane mode and test with an emf meter.
I am curious to the results.

LUH 3417

Freaking EMF.... thankfully I live in, and work in, the country. Plus my shop is clad in metal and I get no reception in it.

That's not surprising. In Toronto I rented half a basement for the price I currently pay as my mortgage, and I have 10 acres now. I realized quickly that driving in traffic everyday just to work at a mediocre job with people I had no relationship with but had to spend more time with than I do with my wife so that I could pay the rent on my half basement was stupid. I thought "wow I could get an easy minimum wage job and live in a better apartment in a smaller city, and not have the stress of all these cars and people to boot" I got a house in the country instead, and started my own business, and now rather than driving on the 401 everday I just walk to work, which is 15 seconds away. Saves me 1 hour per day + gas + vehicle wear + mental stress, and I can write off several things. Never will I live in the city again! I'd rather be poor in the country.
You’re motivating me to make the switch.

If you think this is something, hold on to your seats. Check out the latest CDC report on suicide mortality rates. Suicides have increased 33% since 1999. Suicide is now staggeringly the second leading cause of death for the ages of 10-34. In the UK, suicide rates of students according to the ONS has risen 56% in 10 years and has taken over suicide rates of the total 20-24 years old population (Student suicide increase warning). By contrast, suicide rates outside western countries has significantly dropped in that same time.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 330 - September 2018
Key findings
Data from the National Vital Statistics System, Mortality

• From 1999 through 2017, the age-adjusted suicide rate increased 33% from 10.5 to 14.0 per 100,000.
  • Suicide rates were significantly higher in 2017 compared with 1999 among females aged 10–14 (1.7 and 0.5, respectively), 15–24 (5.8 and 3.0), 25–44 (7.8 and 5.5), 45–64 (9.7 and 6.0), and 65–74 (6.2 and 4.1).
  • Suicide rates were significantly higher in 2017 compared with 1999 among males aged 10–14 (3.3 and 1.9, respectively), 15–24 (22.7 and 16.8), 25–44 (27.5 and 21.6), 45–64 (30.1 and 20.8) and 65–74 (26.2 and 24.7).
  • In 2017, the age-adjusted suicide rate for the most rural (noncore) counties was 1.8 times the rate for the most urban (large central metro) counties (20.0 and 11.1 per 100,000, respectively).
Since 2008, suicide has ranked as the 10th leading cause of death for all ages in the United States (1). In 2016, suicide became the second leading cause of death for ages 10–34 and the fourth leading cause for ages 35–54 (1). Although the Healthy People 2020 target is to reduce suicide rates to 10.2 per 100,000 by 2020 (2), suicide rates have steadily increased in recent years (3,4). This data brief uses final mortality data from the National Vital Statistics System (NVSS) to update trends in suicide mortality from 1999 through 2017 and to describe differences by sex, age group, and urbanization level of the decedent’s county of residence.

And then there's this: https://www.usnews.com/news/healthi...V9nhHCk7ucihl-dXVWqf_MXtvkvoId_QEfniYnLUSBIjo
I also heard that 25% percent of all deaths in the US are linked back to “medicine” and “doctoral procedures”

It’s no measure of health to be adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This could be tested easily. Turn your phone into airplane mode and test with an emf meter.
I am curious to the results.

I already did. My phone (ASUS) still emits EMF but much less than before. Btw, this is expected because the phone is still on and electrical current still flows through it. So, we can't quite use this to judge if the reading is due to the phone still communicating with tower in a "weak" mode or it is due to other electrical components in the phone.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It would be awesome if one of the forum users who have an EMF meter use it on their phone on airplane mode and when it's not in airplane mode.

See my response immediately above.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals