Millennials Will Likely Die Earlier Than Gen X Due To Poor(er) Health

burtlancast

What about boron? :O

Boron is OK: it's especially needed in countries fluoridating their water, where it causes arthritis in record numbers.

There's a lot of other supplements we could add, like Zinc, Vit C, A, E, Niacin, etc

But the 3 i cited are absolutely vital to replenish and can make a huge impact on disease.

Broken man

Boron is OK: it's especially needed in countries fluoridating their water, where it causes arthritis in record numbers.

There's a lot of other supplements we could add, like Zinc, Vit C, A, E, Niacin, etc

But the 3 i cited are absolutely vital to replenish and can make a huge impact on disease.
The reason I mentioned it is that its important for vitamin D and can protect in vitamin D deficiency, helps with magnesium retention, heavy metal detox, flouride detox....

yerrag

I don't know if I'm observing this correctly, but I don't know if the current crop of basketball players in the NBA are getting injured more often than the players in the past. Are there bodies less robust now? Is there body structure more fragile these days?

'These kids are ticking time bombs': The threat of youth basketball

It's true, the last 4 years were the top 4 years in terms of injuries.

Funny thing though, they talk about kids playing basketball too much as the cause of them becoming injury-prone by the time they reach college.

Really? How about poor nutrition after growing up on crap food recommended by mainstream medicine and nutritionists? The kind of advice that says eat plenty of fats and protein, avoid sugar, even if they're in fruits, and that milk is bad?

And bad advice also from sports therapists? When I injured my ankle really hard, playing soccer, I was told to rest my ankle by the doctor. I used my ankle a lot instead in order to get it to heal well. As bad as the injury was, I was able to regain full strength of my ankle even as I was told I'd never regain full strength.

stpa92

I would be very skeptical of "studies" put out by a major insurance company - they are likely trying to justify the premiums they charge healthy young people with these scare pieces

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can you go into detail more of what you found with 30% of millennials having zero friends?

There are many studies on the topic but here is one of the LESS alarming ones. Meaning, there are studies out there pointing a much bleaker picture. The more important finding (IMO) is that there is a clear trend and MIllenials are worse off in this respect than Gen X and Boomers, and Gen X are also worse then Boomers. There aren't many reliable studies on the Silent Generation or the Greatest Generation but the few that exist show Boomers are worse then those generations, socially speaking.
22 percent of millennials say they have "no friends"
"...A recent poll from YouGov, a polling firm and market research company, found that 30 percent of millennials say they feel lonely. This is the highest percentage of all the generations surveyed. Furthermore, 22 percent of millennials in the poll said they had zero friends. Twenty-seven percent said they had “no close friends,” 30 percent said they have “no best friends,” and 25 percent said they have no acquaintances. (I wonder if the poll respondents have differing thoughts on what “acquaintance” means; I take it to mean “people you interact with now and then.”) In comparison, just 16 percent of Gen Xers and 9 percent of baby boomers say they have no friends."

Velve921

There are many studies on the topic but here is one of the LESS alarming ones. Meaning, there are studies out there pointing a much bleaker picture. The more important finding (IMO) is that there is a clear trend and MIllenials are worse off in this respect than Gen X and Boomers, and Gen X are also worse then Boomers. There aren't many reliable studies on the Silent Generation or the Greatest Generation but the few that exist show Boomers are worse then those generations, socially speaking.
22 percent of millennials say they have "no friends"
"...A recent poll from YouGov, a polling firm and market research company, found that 30 percent of millennials say they feel lonely. This is the highest percentage of all the generations surveyed. Furthermore, 22 percent of millennials in the poll said they had zero friends. Twenty-seven percent said they had “no close friends,” 30 percent said they have “no best friends,” and 25 percent said they have no acquaintances. (I wonder if the poll respondents have differing thoughts on what “acquaintance” means; I take it to mean “people you interact with now and then.”) In comparison, just 16 percent of Gen Xers and 9 percent of baby boomers say they have no friends."

Thank you for taking the time my friend. I know you are a busy man so I’m very appreciative of all your insight.

Sativa

There's a lot of other supplements we could add, like Zinc
Worth considering Zinc's notable pharmacological profile!
(If I were to use Zinc, it'd be for its potent psychoactive stimulant-dissociative properties)
Involves dopamine, gutamate & serotonin actions.

eg. Zinc works like amphetamine on the dopamine transporter, implying it reverses the transporter flow, which normally funnels Dopamine away from the synapse & into 'storage'.
Reversing flow pumps Dopamine into the synapse where it can activate all the dopamine receptors. (this is responsible for Zn induced nausea btw)

Zinc is also an AMPA agonist; NMDA anatagonist (aka glutamate blocker) - this action increases the 'performance' of the psychoactive Dopamine D2 receptor system. (all NMDA antagonists up-regulate the D2 system). NMDA antagonism also increases 5-HT1A binding/receptor function.
(iirc ketamine, agmatine & poss memantine possess identical AMPA-ag & NMDA-antag properties)
(If I were to use Zinc, it'd be for its potent psychoactive stimulant properties)

Serotonin
activity:
Zinc may serve as a possible allosteric modulator of 5-HT1A receptors, capable of inhibiting both agonist and antagonist binding at relevant concentrations in the synapse (Prakash et al., 2015). Another way that zinc may interact with the serotonergic system is via the previously mentioned GPR39 receptor.
also, just like memantine & (the notorious recreational dissociative) ketamine, Zinc seems to possess:
Inhibitory actions at nAChR (nicotinic cholinergic receptor)
Modulation of GSK3β (glycogen synthase kinase 3beta)
(and NMDA inhibition + BDNF stimulation as mentioned above)
someone's 'Zinc experience report':
75 mg of Zinc Picolinate is the sweet spot for me. It produces mild bodily euphoria and mental euphoria comparable to phenethylamine...
It is very enjoyable and makes me extremely talkative and hyper.
100 mg reduces the euphoria slightly, enhances bodily pain signals, starts to hit the nausea receptors.
Too bad it also hits the nausea receptors and boosts pain conductance at higher doses.

Last edited:

paulwalkerrip

I am gen z, and I know my generation is drinking almond/oat milk. I’m 21 now but when I was about 12 or so I would see studies saying how bad saturated fat was for you online. This led me to stop SF at all costs, I stopped drinking the dairy in my fridge completely and switched to almond milk. Needless to say, I was hoodwinked and nut milk is still trendy.

Absolutely. I'm 26 and a lot of my peers seem to be hopping on the plant-based bandwagon. Meanwhile you absolutely could not pay me to try Oatly with its rapeseed oil.

Risingfire

@haidut I haven't seen this discussed often enough on the forum but I'm starting to think EMF pollution is one of the most flagrant disruptors of our health. I've read that smoking helps stop the ravages of EMF. There was no study to back it up. Have you come across any studies that might help shield EMF damage to our bodies?

lampofred

@haidut I haven't seen this discussed often enough on the forum but I'm starting to think EMF pollution is one of the most flagrant disruptors of our health. I've read that smoking helps stop the ravages of EMF. There was no study to back it up. Have you come across any studies that might help shield EMF damage to our bodies?

EMF causes calcium overload and apparently nicotine is a calcium channel blocker. Supports the effect of magnesium, progesterone, and CO2. RP wrote about it in an article on calcium on his site.

A few months ago there was a power outage for a few min where I live and I felt so relaxed, like I hadn't felt in several years. EMF is having horrible effects on people in urban areas (especially young women) but no one suspects it because we are told it's safe.

Last edited:

Sativa

EMF causes calcium overload ...
Supports the effect of magnesium
Calcium acts as a glutamate activator, aka NMDA agonism.
Thus, any glutamate blocking substance aka NMDA antagonist will provide suitable protection from EMF induced Ca overload.
Magnesium is just one of countless anti-glutamate (NMDA antagonist) substances. Also inc Agmatine... but also some aromatic terpenes (aka essential oil components)

lampofred

Thus, any glutamate blocking substance aka NMDA antagonist will provide suitable protection from EMF induced Ca overload.
Magnesium is just one of countless anti-glutamate (NMDA antagonist) substances. Also inc Agmatine... but also some aromatic terpenes (aka essential oil components)

Things that block glutamate also have a high chance of raising prolactin and increasing sluggishness/slowing metabolism, so that's the risk with herbs/essential oils/etc. I think thyroid/CO2 is really the main thing that both blocks glutamate and keeps metabolism high. Vitamin D also (maybe that's why Dr. Peat is recommending it so much now).

Last edited:

Sativa

Things that block glutamate also have a high chance of raising prolactin and increasing sluggishness/slowing metabolism.
I wasn't aware of link between glutamate blocking and raising prolactin.
NMDA antagonism sees to directly increase D2 receptor synthesis, at least in rats.
D2 activation being the #1 anti-prolactin site...
This is also why notable glutamate/NMDA drugs like ketamine & agmatine have such well-endowed recreational potential (they are potent NMDA antagonists, like PCP & memantine)

D2 receptor is a major hallucinogenic receptor, all the notable hallucinogenic/psychoactive molecules activate it (from Salvia to Cacao & Cannabis)

The Phenethylamine present in Cacao/chocolate activates D2 & TAAR to produce its psycho-stimulant effects. TAAR further modulates D1, AMPA & 5-HT1A...

Chronic administration of NMDA antagonists induces D2 receptor synthesis in rat striatum.

Chronic administration of NMDA antagonists induces D2 receptor synthesis in rat striatum. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

lampofred

I wasn't aware of link between glutamate blocking and raising prolactin.
NMDA antagonism sees to directly increase D2 receptor synthesis, at least in rats.
D2 activation being the #1 anti-prolactin site...
This is also why notable glutamate/NMDA drugs like ketamine & agmatine have such well-endowed recreational potential (they are potent NMDA antagonists, like PCP & memantine)
D2 receptor is a major hallucinogenic receptor, all the notable hallucinogens activate it (from salvia to cannabis)

It's hard for me to put things together when I focus too much on specific receptors so this is how I understand it in a broad sense:
-NMDA = activation. Anything that acts as a stimulant will necessarily raise NMDA activity.
-Excitotoxicity is when NMDA receptors are activated without enough inhibition being present to keep stimulation in balance. This is what EMF does and it's similar to how amphetamine works.
-Dopamine is the metabolic "gas" and prolactin is the metabolic "brake" that is released when metabolism has been stimulated beyond capacity. That's why it's released after drinking alcohol or orgasm (or after prolonged excitotoxic EMF exposure) which are highly stimulating. It's purpose is to slow things down so that regeneration can occur (which is why it goes up during sleep). In other words D2 receptors are synthesized when there is a shortage of D2 activity.
-The only thing that can raise metabolism without causing overstimulation is thyroid/CO2 because it increases metabolism in a way that is fully supported by adequate inhibition. Thyroid increases the baseline D2 receptor tone.

Drugs don't necessarily fit into the above scheme because they essentially take energy from the future and temporarily enable you to experience a state that is beyond your current biological level (which is why they feel so good).

Last edited:

Sativa

To broad and you loose the definition/resolution of the broad roles of the components...
My approach takes into account both the metabolic & pharmacological biochemical roles of substances.
I'm aiming for a strategic holistic approach.
eg its oversimplifying Dopamine to call it metabolic gas... it's much more than this, from a biochemical perspective. anyway...

aside:
Since adrenaline/cortisol induce glutamate excitotoxicity, which kills neurons, salicylic acid come to the rescue, acting as an NMDA antagonist / glutamate 'blocker'

Aspirin has been shown to protect against glutamate neurotoxicity via the nuclear factor kappaB pathway.
Aspirin protects cells against NMDA-induced apoptosis
by means of a novel mechanism targeting PKCzeta, a key molecule in inflammatory responses and neurodegeneration.
Drugs don't necessarily fit into the above scheme because they essentially take energy from the future and temporarily enable you to experience a state that is beyond your current biological level
This is a dire oversimplification of the role of 'drugs' aka psychoactive substances.
Some drugs cause the brains NT systems to expand/upregulate, causing improved coherence & functioning. That's pretty sustainable. Some drugs reduce prolactin, others reduce cortisol directly..

Sativa

This is what EMF does and it's similar to how amphetamine works.
'Similar', being the key operative word lol.
afaik, Amphetamine mainly works by reversing the Dopamine transporter, which floods the synapse with Dopamine.
It also activates the TAAR1 site, and blocks VMAT2, like meth.
Amphetamine & methamphetamine bind at distinct sites on VMAT2 to inhibit its function.
TAAR1 is a high-affinity receptor for amphetamine, methamphetamine, MDMA, ephedrine, dopamine
The Phenethylamine in Cacao/chocolate activates D2 & TAAR1 to produce its psycho-stimulant effects. TAAR further modulates D1, AMPA & 5-HT1A...
btw, Phenethylamine is an endogenous neurotransmitter.
It is released notably via CB1 activation. That implies all endocannabinoids stimulate PEA release.
The endocannabinoid system is deeply tied into core metabolic function - mitochondria possess CB1 receptors.
Since both endogenous & exogenous pufa's are precursors for endocannabinoids, that means that PEA release is very prolific, implying it's pharmacological activity at D2 and TAAR1 etc plays an influential role in everything...

Least we forget the extensive cross-talk & feedback between the endocannabinoid & serotonergic systems.

Anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid, has activity at 5-HT1A.​

Last edited:

yerrag

I would be very skeptical of "studies" put out by a major insurance company - they are likely trying to justify the premiums they charge healthy young people with these scare pieces

The skepticism is warranted, but you have to tell what part of the study you're skeptical of. Just because it is associated with a major insurance company isn't cause enough.

Regina

Absolutely. I'm 26 and a lot of my peers seem to be hopping on the plant-based bandwagon. Meanwhile you absolutely could not pay me to try Oatly with its rapeseed oil.
Same here. I just had dinner tonight with friends at their favorite vegan restaurant. The place was jammed with hipsters and long wait for tables. It is utterly shocking to see this trend. The food was absolutely horrible. I ordered the beet burger. It was smothered in some slop and the "burger" tasted like glue, but it was the least down-right evil thing on the menu. Yet, the long line of health-conscious hipsters waiting in lines for tofu buffalo wings, deep fried seitan, boggles the mind.

ebs

This explains perfectly why calcium makes me agitated. Though only from supplementing. Milk however causes digestion issues for me so I need to keep its intake limited. Any alternatives?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals