Criticisms of the Ray Peat pro-metabolic bioenergetic nutrition strategy

These are really long videos Mito. Am i right in unassuming from titles they are anti-Peat?

OP
Mito

Mito

Am i right in unassuming from titles they are anti-Peat?
No, interviewer has transitioned from carnivore diet to Ray Peat approach. The criticisms are from her YouTube listeners who probably still have doubts about the new approach.

Oh ok! Which video do you recommend I should watch over coffee tomorrow and get the most out of?

yerrag

Oh ok! Which video do you recommend I should watch over coffee tomorrow and get the most out of?
I'm glad we're finished watching videos on the subject of Trump.

Back to the long videos of Joe Rogan genre - a genre known only for their length that can only be justified by hour long commutes.

I wonder how people keep up with such long videos.

Good question!

yerrag

Or maybe doing chores like doing laundry, washing dishes, cooking, or doing your routines like jogging, walking, spinning, threadmilling, or surfing the waves, or biking dangerously lol.

I'm glad we're finished watching videos on the subject of Trump.

Back to the long videos of Joe Rogan genre - a genre known only for their length that can only be justified by hour long commutes.

I wonder how people keep up with such long videos.

Good question!
I know I am barely keeping up! I multi-task all day long as it is answering questions and other chats, but love a good informative video. I just want to be sure it is worth my while and get to the good stuff!

yerrag

I know I am barely keeping up! I multi-task all day long as it is answering questions and other chats, but love a good informative video. I just want to be sure it is worth my while and get to the good stuff!

It's nice to listen even if you already know a lot about Ray Peat's stance and reasoning for being on a pro-sugar metabolic nutrition lifestyle.

Still, there is much more to learn from elsewhere about being pro-sugar and not being overweight.

It's nice to listen even if you already know a lot about Ray Peat's stance and reasoning for being on a pro-sugar metabolic nutrition lifestyle.

Still, there is much more to learn from elsewhere about being pro-sugar and not being overweight.
The body is a complicated thing, so we need all the help we can get!

yerrag

The body is a complicated thing, so we need all the help we can get!
Yup.

We have Danny Roddy and Ray Peat both of whom has no problem with being overweight, and Giorgi seeming like he needs some help.

Two don't need to figure it out while one hasn't. Yet people rely on them and what they say goes. 90 percent they're spot on, but 10 percent they don't have a clue. So people still have to look elsewhere for some answers.

Yup.

We have Danny Roddy and Ray Peat both of whom has no problem with being overweight, and Giorgi seeming like he needs some help.

Two don't need to figure it out while one hasn't. Yet people rely on them and what they say goes. 90 percent they're spot on, but 10 percent they don't have a clue. So people still have to look elsewhere for some answers.
I don't know a thing about the other two, but Ray Peat has been spot on for me.

yerrag

I don't know a thing about the other two, but Ray Peat has been spot on for me.
We have members here who go all out for sugar and grew sideways. They still wonder what went wrong. And they can be helped, if they're just 99% on board.

We have members here who go all out for sugar and grew sideways. They still wonder what went wrong. And they can be helped, if they're just 99% on board.

That is so refreshing to hear you say that yerrag! You can't drive a car with most of what it needs and expect it to run smoothly, so why pick and choose some of the Peat principles and expect things to go well. If it isn't working for a person it isn't because the science is flawed. I think for some people getting to the better side of things goes quicker because they didn't have as much to undo like myself. I had a period where I put on some fat eating ice cream on top of a regular days worth of food, it just doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
Well that was two hours well spent, like a mini seminar! I think people who are on medications and are puting their health in the hands doctors really need to see this first video and rethink everything they think they know. It is the exact scenerio in my own life that made me abandon docs and figure it out myself via Ray Peat. That gets covered in the first full hour of the first video. I look forward to watching the third video! Thanks Mito!

yerrag

That is so refreshing to hear you say that yerrag! You can't drive a car with most of what it needs and expect it to run smoothly, so why pick and choose some of the Peat principles and expect things to go well. If it isn't working for a person it isn't because the science is flawed. I think for some people getting to the better side of things goes quicker because they didn't have as much to undo like myself. I had a period where I put on some fat eating ice cream on top of a regular days worth of food, it just doesn't work like that.
I meant that those members here that go full hog sugar and blow up should realize that it's beyond what Ray, Georgi, and Danny can help them with.

Not because sugar is bad, as we know, but because Ray and Danny never climbed the mountain, while Georgi is still climbing the mountain.

None has ever gone thru the challenge of being overweight and overcoming it. So they still can't help these members. Members like Cirion (or former member).

But you can't fault anyone for not having all the answers. No one does. But those who fail to overcome should not just rely on Ray or Georgi of Danny for all the answers. They still have to go outside this realm.

Ray's shortcoming is that he tends to go deep into cortisol, and have people trying to control their cortisol. He understands though that cortisol is not the cause, because it is a stress hormone from the stress of being low on sugar. Yet he focuses on cortisol, and not on why blood sugar gets low, and how to keep it from getting low. At the heart of their problem is the instability of blood sugar. It is this instability that causes overweight and obesity.

yerrag

@Cirion (I can't even tag him) did you ever reach the ER? Are you doing fine up there? Is there something you want to tell us about sugar and how you got it wrong using sugar?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals