Eating more to speed up the metabolic rate. Phony stuff. Here's why.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Here is a really good article and podcast by Eric Trexler on reverse dieting. I think it's very relevant as they discuss metabolic slowdown, upregulating the metabolic rate, fat loss, energy expenditure, etc.

It puts a lot of things into perspective and debunks a lot of myths. Just spend the next 30-45min listening to the podcast and let's create a good discussion around this.

Article: Reverse Dieting: Hype Versus Evidence
Podcast on YT:
View: https://youtu.be/Sm0WPA3O7JM?t=2972

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Here is a really good article and podcast by Eric Trexler on reverse dieting. I think it's very relevant as they discuss metabolic slowdown, upregulating the metabolic rate, fat loss, energy expenditure, etc.

It puts a lot of things into perspective and debunks a lot of myths. Just spend the next 30-45min listening to the podcast and let's create a good discussion around this.

Article: Reverse Dieting: Hype Versus Evidence
Podcast on YT:
View: https://youtu.be/Sm0WPA3O7JM?t=2972

Thanks @Hans! This matches my experience.

76er

Frankly, I hadn't heard of reverse dieting so it was good overview and then a thorough technical debunking.

I enjoyed listened to the first part of the podcast too regarding stretch-based hypertrophy.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Frankly, I hadn't heard of reverse dieting so it was good overview and then a thorough technical debunking.

I enjoyed listened to the first part of the podcast too regarding stretch-based hypertrophy.
It puts a lot of things into perspective as I think quite a few people think there is a magic bullet when it comes to a specific diet and that everyone should be eating 3000+ calories or there is something wrong with their metabolism.

baccheion

Based on the studies and personal labs from people, a caloric surplus increases thyroid output. A deficit lowers it. The higher output lowered oxLDL in that case, but that is beside the point.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Based on the studies and personal labs from people, a caloric surplus increases thyroid output. A deficit lowers it. The higher output lowered oxLDL in that case, but that is beside the point.
For sure. But eating more will not make people leaner even though thyroid is increasing. It might boost metabolic rate by 100-200 calories or up to 500 calories, depending on how hypo someone was. In the podcast, Eric talks about people with a slow metabolism and how that's affected by chronic fat loss.

The thing is, I've just seen way too many people gain too much fat when going on a Peat diet, because they're consuming too many calories. No supp will ever prevent that.

baccheion

For sure. But eating more will not make people leaner even though thyroid is increasing. It might boost metabolic rate by 100-200 calories or up to 500 calories, depending on how hypo someone was. In the podcast, Eric talks about people with a slow metabolism and how that's affected by chronic fat loss.

The thing is, I've just seen way too many people gain too much fat when going on a Peat diet, because they're consuming too many calories. No supp will ever prevent that.
Yea, CRON-o-meter with thermic effect setting enabled is a good target.

Back
Top Bottom