The Philosophy of Ray Peat

I extracted a lot of good stuff from this video. Intentionality vs learned helpless makes all the difference in our health and seeking energy in everything is everything. The intentionality in our every moment is imperative, whether it be from the foods we eat, how we perceive a situation, with the glass half full vs half empty and how we react or refrain determines our successes and failures. We are not locked into our situations, and unfortunately that is where people get into trouble, accepting authority or our lot in life without question or without the desire to escape and have faith in ourselves. Creating energy even when it is not there is my strategy. I “fake it till I make it”, which means I make body move when my mind doesn’t want to and visa versa. If I were in two parts, my body separate from my mind, that might not work, but if one part has the desire for energy whether or not the other part doesn’t makes no difference, the whole part moves. It reminds me of Siamese twins, and how the two have to work together for the best success, but if one of them is moving, the other half really doesn’t get a choice.

Thank you for this really inspiring video Mito.

OP
Mito

Mito

I extracted a lot of good stuff from this video. Intentionality vs learned helpless makes all the difference in our health and seeking energy in everything is everything. The intentionality in our every moment is imperative, whether it be from the foods we eat, how we perceive a situation, with the glass half full vs half empty and how we react or refrain determines our successes and failures. We are not locked into our situations, and unfortunately that is where people get into trouble, accepting authority or our lot in life without question or without the desire to escape and have faith in ourselves. Creating energy even when it is not there is my strategy. I “fake it till I make it”, which means I make body move when my mind doesn’t want to and visa versa. If I were in two parts, my body separate from my mind, that might not work, but if one part has the desire for energy whether or not the other part doesn’t makes no difference, the whole part moves. It reminds me of Siamese twins, and how the two have to work together for the best success, but if one of them is moving, the other half really doesn’t get a choice.

Thank you for this really inspiring video Mito.
Would have been a great Ray interview :cry:

daphne134

View: https://youtu.be/PXCnwaEiB5I

A video covering specifically the philosophy of Ray Peat, largely from his books Generative Energy and Mind and Tissue.

Good stuff! I agree with you situating him in holism and vitalism. They've fallen into disrepute, but I think that philosophical lineage is where he belongs. His work might be the beginning of a revival of those concepts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals