The Ray Peat Philosophy Should Be Spread Everywhere

paka

I hope that the philosophy of Ray Peat gets popular because
-it is healthier
-it is easier to eat this way than other diets

but I think it will be resisted by businesses that sell food and health care that Peat wouldn't approve of.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I'm trying!!! :D

Have another personal friend making the transition into Peatering as we speak.

but I think it will be resisted by businesses that sell food and health care that Peat wouldn't approve of.
We will need to open new businesses then. :p

DaveFoster

People won't get past "sugar is good for you".
Yeah; a paradigm shift will lead to application of more scrutiny toward dietary dogma.

Haidut said that the "no pain, no gain" culture remains an obstacle to a kind of organic way of thought. Even still, total rejection of the media and organized information structures demands a relatively high IQ and absence of authoritarian enculturation: probably more of the latter.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

encerent

I just said to someone here at work some like "running every day is bad for you, it raises stress hormones and ages you rapidly." He got really mad (since he runs every day) and said "that running is good for you is not a matter of opinion."

I just left it at that. :/

Agent207

main.jpg

thyrulian

"Carbohydrates is good" seems to be a softer more easy approach.
Carbs, doesn't your body gain those through the pain of avoiding them?

Also, oxidative stress can rev up the body's antioxidant defenses. And constant exposure to endotoxin keeps your immune system strong!

Hormesis is the crux of health, you see. :angelic:

Tarmander

Keep it decentralized, don't start a movement, be an example that shines for others to aspire to.

dfspcc20

On The Back Of The Tiger can't get here soon enough!

And I don't think Peat would consider it "his" philosophy, but rather an amalgamation of many great thinkers and scientists. From what I remember, the directors of On The Back Of The Tiger planned to make it just about him, but Peat suggested that they interview all the others.

Haidut said that the "no pain, no gain" culture remains an obstacle to a kind of organic way of thought. Even still, total rejection of the media and organized information structures demands a relatively high IQ and absence of authoritarian enculturation: probably more of the latter.

Also got to get rid of the prevalent notion that we're separate from and independent of the environment.

Constatine

And I don't think Peat would consider it "his" philosophy, but rather an amalgamation of many great thinkers and scientists. From what I remember, the directors of On The Back Of The Tiger planned to make it just about him, but Peat suggested that they interview all the others.

Also got to get rid of the prevalent notion that we're separate from and independent of the environment.
You hit the nail on the head with that last point. People don't understand just how reliant we are on our environment (whether that be diet or one's physical surroundings).

I just said to someone here at work some like "running every day is bad for you, it raises stress hormones and ages you rapidly." He got really mad (since he runs every day) and said "that running is good for you is not a matter of opinion."

I just left it at that. :/
I've tried telling people of this too. Not yet convinced anyone :(

pepzorpdorp

Are there a realease date yet?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

burtlancast

For Ray's philosophy to be spread, it has to be proven beyond any doubt.
Which means taking each statement separately and backing him up with unimpeachable science.

Let's take for example his motto about PUFAS not being essential; let's assemble a documentation on cell cultures not using any PUFAS. Then let's explain the B-Vitamins story; how a higher metabolism burns more calories, etc...

It takes time, but it needs to be done.

pepzorpdorp

For Ray's philosophy to be spread, it has to be proven beyond any doubt.
Which means taking each statement separately and backing him up with unimpeachable science.

Let's take for example his motto about PUFAS not being essential; let's assemble a documentation on cell cultures not using any PUFAS. Then let's explain the B-Vitamins story; how a higher metabolism burns more calories, etc...

It takes time, but it needs to be done.
I am not familiar with the B-vitamins story? Can you give a quick summary or link to your sources?

paymanz

Cortisol and carb connection is good point to start explain why carbs are so important.

ilikecats

Ray peats concepts have had such a profound effect on me... it's unbelievable. But on the concept of spreading his ideas... I know a lot of people who deal with depression. And a lot of them are so Wrapped up and attached almost invested in their depressed state that if you try to explain why they are depressed they'll have none of it. It's part of their identity. That's just one small example that came to mind.

ilikecats

Of coarse that behavior in itself is just another symptom of sub optimal thyroid function and high serotonin. It in itself shouldn't be judged or view from a moralistic stand point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals