Coconut Oil/ Store Bought Eggs

Centsmom

Can coconut oil undo the harmful effects when eating store bought eggs?

Forsythia

Can coconut oil undo the harmful effects when eating store bought eggs?

What harmful effects? If you mean PUFA, all eggs are fairly low in PUFA. Although I guess it depends on how many eggs you eat a day.

TeaRex14

Sure, it'll dilute the PUFAs with saturated fats. What happens is the body prefers to burn the saturated fats for energy, because of this the PUFAs will just be pushed into your adipose tissue instead of being liberated as free fatty acids in your blood. Improving your metabolic rate is still important, so you detox the PUFA out of your body completely.

Forsythia

I ate 2 extra large eggs today. PUFA = 1.7 grams. My total PUFA for the day = 3.6 grams. My goal is to eat < 4 grams of PUFA a day. So, even with 2 eggs I'm still under 4 grams today.

According to Chronometer, the PUFA in 1 tbsp of coconut oil = .2 grams and the PUFA in 1 Tbsp of butter = .4 grams.

So even Peat approved food contains PUFA. It's the added PUFA oils that should be completely eliminated from the diet. Almost impossible to completely eliminate PUFA as it occurs in small amounts in whole foods such as eggs.

OP
Centsmom

Centsmom

Sure, it'll dilute the PUFAs with saturated fats. What happens is the body prefers to burn the saturated fats for energy, because of this the PUFAs will just be pushed into your adipose tissue instead of being liberated as free fatty acids in your blood. Improving your metabolic rate is still important, so you detox the PUFA out of your body completely.
I ate 2 extra large eggs today. PUFA = 1.7 grams. My total PUFA for the day = 3.6 grams. My goal is to eat < 4 grams of PUFA a day. So, even with 2 eggs I'm still under 4 grams today.

According to Chronometer, the PUFA in 1 tbsp of coconut oil = .2 grams and the PUFA in 1 Tbsp of butter = .4 grams.

So even Peat approved food contains PUFA. It's the added PUFA oils that should be completely eliminated from the diet. Almost impossible to completely eliminate PUFA as it occurs in small amounts in whole foods such as eggs.
Thanks everyone !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals