Coconut oil makes me sick just thinking about it.

Healthseeker

Hey I got a problem and maybe somebody here has the same thing happen and it's bad. I did some gallbladder flushes several months ago where I took a whole bunch of coconut oil at once and while they were helpful. The process makes you very nauseous. Now, every time I think about coconut oil, and especially when I smell coconut oil. I get sick feeling where I just have such an aversion too it. I know it's a mental problem. Because it never really hurt me, but the problem is real. I used to eat raw coconut oil chilled like ice cream. Now, I just get so sick even thinking about it. Is there anyway I can reprogram my brain?

CastorTroy

I never found coconut oil much appetizing tbh. However I always liked whole coconut meat since kid, Even the scent I love it.

AspiringSage

Time, exposure therapy and association of the coconut oil smell (and later the taste) with things that you enjoy.

OP
Healthseeker

Healthseeker

Time, exposure therapy and association of the coconut oil smell (and later the taste) with things that you enjoy.
Yeah. But what. The taste doesn't seem to trigger it to much. It's the smell and just the thought of drinking.

Yonebayashian

Yeah just blend it into things with a blender and you'll not even be able to tell it's there. You can hide a surprising amount of coconut oil in coffee with milk.

Don't eat it by the spoonful I'm getting nauseous just thinking about that. Shame on you.

Jneet

Same for me! Coconut fat never sat well with me, it makes me nauseous thinking about it. Butter tastes so much better.

Vajra

Don't eat it by the spoonful I'm getting nauseous just thinking about that. Shame on you.
Yeah I don't think it is ever recommended.
Try exposure therapy with carrot salad. When I first learned about the virtues of coconut oil I ate it with relish (not the condiment) by the spoonful for a few days and eventually found it nauseating, too. It took me quite a while to find it appetizing again

OP
Healthseeker

Healthseeker

It was actually pretty good when ate it plain. It was raw pressed or whatever and came in like a squeezy pouch, you was supposed to eat it like that. And I ate the whole dang thing, thought I was getting mcts, felt pretty good until the next day, then it was constant diarrhea and nausea for like a day and a half.

revenant

Buy the refined stuff, it has no smell. The cold-pressed extra virgin stuff is pretty nasty in the long run.

coconut i think is my kryptonite. It cracks the side of my lips. It hardens my thyroid. I oil pull using VCO 3years ago and after that sides of my lip really swelled the sides. At that time im not blaming the coconuts i didnt know then. After 5months when i watch a video a naturopath saying if you have thyroid problem stop eating coconut milk!!!! That was a lightbulb moment i realize the coconut oil i use in cooking everyday was the culprit. From time to time the side of my lips crack, it became a norm i thought its part of me 20years ago.

So i change to extra virgin olive oil to fry and the cracks stop. I did try pure sesame oil but its easily rancid.

So im sticking to olives. Also few weeks ago i bought rice bran oil that indicate good for high heat frying and high tocotrinols, oryzanol. I will try this if i will react. The problem with olives if too hot it will smell like plastic.

im also thinking to try coconut lard the fully hydrogenated many here recommends but im afraid to do it. If it irritates then im really allergic to coconuts.

Im 2 and half years coconut free and its byproduct.

Last edited:
OP
Healthseeker

Healthseeker

Buy the refined stuff, it has no smell. The cold-pressed extra virgin stuff is pretty nasty in the long run.
Yeah about that, I've got some that didn't have a smell, but there something about it, the particular consistency of the oil somehow my body detects and knows its coconut oil, I tried it cause you know there's that thread about putting it on your eyebrows and different things. But it sucks to use it cause the aversion to it.

lvysaur

Can't relate, coconut oil (refined, flavorless) is great, I put it on everything.

Even the flavored virgin one is nice in some dishes.