Chitinase Enzyme

Andy316

Some time back I had posted about a recurring navel infection I get everytime I consumed Mushrooms or Shellfish. It seems I may have a fungal issue due to Hypothyroidism. Mushrooms and shellfish are very high in Chitin (Fungal Protein) and supposedly fungi use Chitin (along with cellulase, beta glucan) to strengthen themselves. It seems humans dont make Chitinase enzyme which breaks down Chitin. I found natural sources of Chitinase enzymes are mainly fruits - Avocado, Kiwi, Papaya, Banana, Tomatoes. From that list I can only tolerate Kiwis. Just wandering if there are other sources besides fruits which are high in Chitinase? Silkworms (Serrapeptase) also contain chitinase but may go the supplement route if natural foods dont help. Thanks

Some time back I had posted about a recurring navel infection I get everytime I consumed Mushrooms or Shellfish. It seems I may have a fungal issue due to Hypothyroidism. Mushrooms and shellfish are very high in Chitin (Fungal Protein) and supposedly fungi use Chitin (along with cellulase, beta glucan) to strengthen themselves. It seems humans dont make Chitinase enzyme which breaks down Chitin. I found natural sources of Chitinase enzymes are mainly fruits - Avocado, Kiwi, Papaya, Banana, Tomatoes. From that list I can only tolerate Kiwis. Just wandering if there are other sources besides fruits which are high in Chitinase? Silkworms (Serrapeptase) also contain chitinase but may go the supplement route if natural foods dont help. Thanks
You could boil shrimp shells, They make a very tasty soup base.

@Rinse & rePeat Thanks. Did you personally try it, any benefits that you experienced?
I cook with shrimp shells, and I can’t say I noticed anything good or bad. I was even frying them up in refined coconut oil and eating them like chips with a sprinkle of salt and sugar. I don’t know how any of that would play out with digestive issues, but I don’t have those issues. I can see where maybe eating the whole shells probably could be tough on the digestive system, but I can only imagine boiling the shells would be a good thing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom