Cheap Instant Coffee. Impurities? Health Issues?

Astolfo

Sorry if it's a too dumb question.

Nescafe classic 100 gram pocket(not jar) being sold for 9 TL at my country. It approximately equals to 1.50 dollar / 100 grams.

By any chance, would it be risky to drink poor quality coffee?

Experienced

Nescafe classic 100 gram pocket(not jar) being sold for 9 TL at my country. It approximately equals to 1.50 dollar / 100 grams.

Türk olduğunu neden hiç anlatmadın kardeşim. Hiç birşey olmaz içebilirsin.

opethfeldt

I've never had problems with it. I beleive Peat says it's fine. As always, experience will tell you if it's working for you.

Imagine paying €3,60 for the same amount like it costs here.

Aaron

Don't see the point. Obviously fresh coffee will be much better tasting and is easy to make, especially if you make cold brew ahead of time (with cream, delicious!). From experience, instant coffee grows mold faster than even fine grounds.

OP
A

Astolfo

Don't see the point. Obviously fresh coffee will be much better tasting and is easy to make, especially if you make cold brew ahead of time (with cream, delicious!). From experience, instant coffee grows mold faster than even fine grounds.

It comes very expensive. And I'm not even drinking more than 2 cup of coffee a day.

Instant coffee is cheap here but I'm living at a country where nobody cares about food regulations. It's a really bad luck to live in an 3rd world country.

Also, that cheap nescafe tastes really bad. It's too bitter. Maybe it just have too much mold in it?

Why Bad Coffee Makes You Weak

paymanz

Instant coffee is filtered coffee. And it has very long shelf life i dont think it has mold problem. And cheap ones are rubosta , thats why its cheap.

GeoX

How much more? Could it be problematic?
Enough to make a distinction between regular and instant coffee on food oxalates lists. A portion of instant coffee contains ground coffee beans which are high in oxalates. If you are sensitive to oxalates due to gut conditions, you may have to increase calcium and other minerals. After months of high-oxalte foods - cocoa, spinach, rhubarb, etc. - I experienced sensitive teeth which I reversed by eliminated these foods and eating more egg shells.

Julles

wouldn't hot water neutralize a major part of the oxalates in instant coffee?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals