Cancer And Appetite Loss

Lin

Ha,ha,ha,ha... of course there are questionable ingredients, @Regina. It is a Nestle product, after all. But, it is relatively less questionable than some similar products. And, in real life, doctors are seeing that it helps patients. Maybe this person could whip up milkshakes on their own, which would be better.
His doctor does not have to order it, anyone can order it online. But his doctor should approve his taking it, or not, because of the immune system issues I mentioned.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Okay Lin. Thank you for that input. I guess, when you're sick, you want to watch every toxin you can. I'm just not sure what all he should use in a shake. Veggies, fruits, milk, ice cream? Ice cream would be my biggest concern because I don't know of which brand is good.

Regina

Okay Lin. Thank you for that input. I guess, when you're sick, you want to watch every toxin you can. I'm just not sure what all he should use in a shake. Veggies, fruits, milk, ice cream? Ice cream would be my biggest concern because I don't know of which brand is good.
As I type, I am drinking a pre-aikido shake.
0% milk, ice, 2 eggs, frozen berries, sugar, salt, chocolate naked casein powder, glycine, taurine, inosine, more cocoa powder.

Queequeg

maybe not appropriate in this case, but I think medical marijuana is often used to bring back chemos patient's appetites and reduce nausea. Maybe a nice batch of brownies is in order.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

I've heard that. I've used it myself and it's helped with my memory a lot. But there's a lot of PUFA in it.

tara

I think Max Gerson's advice focused on foods/juices that would help keep up a good supply of useful minerals, as well as sugars for energy. I think I'd be learning about and considering that, amongst other things, if it were me.
Some good posts by burtlancast and amazoniac.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

There are other things he's doing. I just don't know what all it is. He lives next door and he talks to me sometimes. He told me he had cancer and was drinking Ensure and Boost. I told him they weren't good for him and that is try to find out what he could do. So, really, I am not sure of everything he and his doctor are doing for him. I'm just trying to find some added help

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

I think Max Gerson's advice focused on foods/juices that would help keep up a good supply of useful minerals, as well as sugars for energy. I think I'd be learning about and considering that, amongst other things, if it were me.
Some good posts by burtlancast and amazoniac.
Thank you!

Regina

@Regina is the ice cream fat free as well? Can you give me a brand name?
I don't put any ice cream in MY milkshakes. The milk, ice and frozen berries make it thick. (I'm watching my girlish figure).
But the patient could use Turkey Hill ice cream. Cheap and no weird ingredients.

Amazoniac

@Mary Pruter
Everything that moves the intestines with vigor will improve appetite. If the intestines are owactive by a lot of microbial toxins or stagnated by something that got in the way of proper motion (such as a trauma or a few deficiencies), the reasonable thing to do is to suppress appetite to try to prevent any further problem. I think that the body assumes that you're eating and living according to what's best available around you, if that is causing more harm than good and since starving is too stressful, there's a signal for less food and less activity. Our pastor always mentions how serotonin is mainly produced in the gut and it works as a signal. Excess of it has the potential to suppress appetite as a protective measure, there are even drugs based on it with this purpose (search for serotonin and appetite).

I would not force feed in excess because it usually causes more harm than good, especially solid foods. If no appetite is present at all, I would initially suggest fruit juices sometimes mixed with a concentrated vegetable broth (avoiding tap water and evaporating it), without solids, and keep attention if the person manifests any craving. No need to keep asking the person too many questions, but let the person express. If no craving appears, I would then suggest some drug that can restore appetite, usually the ones that antagonizes the stress signals that tells that the environment is harsh. So things suppress the stress signals are probably beneficial: keeping warmed by clothes all the time, moderate sun exposure, incandescent light sessions, playful activities, staring at Such's avatar pic, more frequent feedings, a bit of aspirin, and dense nutrition (I guess that fruit juices won't be sustainable for too long). Everything has been discussed on the forum.

Especially if the person is debilitated, I would avoid providing random links. I would rather try to summarize with your own words, or writing a brief note synthesizing everything, explaining the suggestions, the person needs to know the reasons why you're suggesting those things, otherwise it has no meaning. Give the suggestions little by little if you can, so that the person has the time to incorporate them. Even with two pages of this thread it's possible to note why it would not be a good a idea to share some random links with information out of context.
If the person isn't debilitated, the principles are more important than anything else, because with the principles he can figure it out for himself what's best.

If you can share some stories (with pictures) of recoveries from similar situations, it would be great. But I don't know how intimate you're with the person.

Just opinions!

Amazoniac

I forgot to mention:
It's kind of hard, sometimes encouraging those things are needed, but other times it can devastate the person in a sense that it will create more problems by trying to manipulate some aspects of health, eventually turning a normal person into a sick person. We don't know how the person is doing, which is why sometimes a substance that has the potential to suppress stress signals temporarily is all that's needed to encourage recovery.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals