Can Vitamin E Go Rancid And Lose Its Potency After Hot Sun Temperatures Exposure?

TreasureVibe

Hey there. So I ordered a Thorne Ultimate-E bottle from iHerb and most of the times when I order fat solubles from their website the inside of the container smells a bit foul. This was also the case this time. I've read that someone thought that this was because orders sit in the logistics truck after leaving the distribution facility in the hot sun.

My question is, can vitamin E go rancid and lose its potency after hot sun temperatures exposure?

The product in question contains only mixed tocopherols in the form of softgels, inside a white container.

I really need to know this because I have them as a measure for my thrombotic dad!

Thanks!!

@haidut

Last edited:

Dave Clark

I would simply try ordering from a different site, maybe even a different vitamin E product, of which there are some good ones available. I would be suspicious of any vitamin product that has off smells. Change product and vendor to ones that you can trust. Remember that some vitamins have 'natural' smells that aren't 'off', it is just what they are.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals