Can just ~10-15mg potassium iodide cause this severe halogen detox symptoms?

OP
D

DonLore

You are gonna be fine. There are tons of info in the forum with all kind remedies for it. NAC, Aspirin, H1 and H2 antihistamines, cloves, black cumin, methylene blue, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, iodine, MMS... with these things it is just a flu or just a cold.
Yep, I dont stress it. Taking most of those now, just wish I could get MB quickly but its impossible without ordering from another country

Jam

This past Friday I developed a headache, which is highly uncharacteristic for me, a runny nose, and scratchy throat (which are supposedly Omicron symptoms). I took, daily for 3 days, 300mgx3 of iodide (SSKI), 200mcg selenomethionine, hit my salt pipe with added Lugol's, 2x Betadine gargle, 3x3 drops of turpentine on sugar, 2x topical Vicks Vaporub, and 1x alka-seltzer, and by Monday I was back to normal. I didn't get tested though.

Last edited:

Jam

@Jam, what is this salt pipe, how do you smoke it and how do you add Lugol's?
It's a ceramic salt pipe (inhaler) like this:

UGlwZS5qcGc

I filled it up with coarse unrefined sea salt and then I dribble 2 drops of 5% Lugol's through the mouthpiece every day if I'm hitting it hard. This was actually the first time I've ever used it for 2 days in a row. My wife uses it regularly for her asthma.

Bluebell

@Jam, how interesting. It's like a gentler way to nebulise salt, maybe. Did you feel it was effective, does it sting at all? Where do you rub the vaporub?

Jam

@Jam, how interesting. It's like a gentler way to nebulise salt, maybe. Did you feel it was effective, does it sting at all? Where do you rub the vaporub?
It stings a tiny bit if the mucosa are inflamed, but so does a nebulizer or even just the salt pipe without any iodine. I applied the vaporub to the lower throat / upper chest area.

Edit: Sorry, yes, I feel (and know) it is highly effective.

Last edited:

Bluebell

Looks great, I'm going to try it. Looking also to buy some Betadine, but the ingredients are "10% iodinated povidone, with added ingredients: alkyl phenol ether sulphate (ammonium salt), glycerol, citric acid, anhydrous disodium hydrogen phosphate, purified water." Is this the right stuff? I'm wondering why we gargle with Betadine solution instead of Lugol's, is it because the betadine has a surfactant property to get it into tissues? And does Betadine solution stain your teeth?

Jam

Looks great, I'm going to try it. Looking also to buy some Betadine, but the ingredients are "10% iodinated povidone, with added ingredients: alkyl phenol ether sulphate (ammonium salt), glycerol, citric acid, anhydrous disodium hydrogen phosphate, purified water." Is this the right stuff? I'm wondering why we gargle with Betadine solution instead of Lugol's, is it because the betadine has a surfactant property to get it into tissues? And does Betadine solution stain your teeth?
The Betadine I use is the oral mouthwash solution. The other ingredients here in Italy are:
Ethyl alcohol, glycerol, eucalyptol, menthol, sodium saccharin, citric acid, sodium phosphate, distilled water.

I used to gargle (especially for tooth/gum issues) with diluted Lugol's, but recently began using the Betadine as it is more convenient and tastes better, and the eucalyptol has additional anti-septic qualities. Since I do not ingest it, I'm not too worried about the other ingredients.

And no, it doesn't stain my teeth. Nothing that can't be removed with some calcium ascorbate powder.

Bluebell

Sounds good, and eucalyptus is pleasant smelling.
So you don't worry about taking vitamin C when you are ingesting iodine, do you think the selenium is enough protection?

Last edited:

Jam

Sounds good, and eucalptus is pleasant smelling.
So you don't worry about taking vitamin C when you are ingesting iodine, do you think the selenium is enough protection?
The additional selenium protects the thyroid from potential peroxidation when taking mega-doses of iodide, which is why I took it with the 900mg of SSKI. Ascorbic acid doesn't offer any additional protection, but it can help recover the NIS (sodium/iodide transporters) which may not be fully functional after years of iodine deficiency. It also reduces iodine to iodide if taken together -- so it's always a good idea to take iodine and ascorbic acid at least an hour apart.

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

The Betadine I use is the oral mouthwash solution. The other ingredients here in Italy are:
Ethyl alcohol, glycerol, eucalyptol, menthol, sodium saccharin, citric acid, sodium phosphate, distilled water.

I used to gargle (especially for tooth/gum issues) with diluted Lugol's, but recently began using the Betadine as it is more convenient and tastes better, and the eucalyptol has additional anti-septic qualities. Since I do not ingest it, I'm not too worried about the other ingredients.

And no, it doesn't stain my teeth. Nothing that can't be removed with some calcium ascorbate powder.
How do you remove stains with calcium ascorbate?
By brushing with it or rinsing with it?

Jam

How do you remove stains with calcium ascorbate?
By brushing with it or rinsing with it?
Brushing with it. Like brushing with baking soda. It is also very good for gum health in general. One must not brush with it too often or it can wear out the enamel.

Bluebell

@Jam If it removes the stains by the vitamin C reducing the iodine on the teeth to iodide, if so then a sodium ascorbate mouthwash would work too, I suppose. But then brushing maybe gets it into the teeth better.

Jam

This past Friday I developed a headache, which is highly uncharacteristic for me, a runny nose, and scratchy throat (which are supposedly Omicron symptoms). I took, daily for 3 days, 300mgx3 of iodide (SSKI), 200mcg selenomethionine, hit my salt pipe with added Lugol's, 2x Betadine gargle, 3x3 drops of turpentine on sugar, 2x topical Vicks Vaporub, and 1x alka-seltzer, and by Monday I was back to normal. I didn't get tested though.
Oh, I also took powdered thyme, 2x500mg daily.

Gustav3Y

Brushing with it. Like brushing with baking soda. It is also very good for gum health in general. One must not brush with it too often or it can wear out the enamel.
I see.
Do yo to use it solely as sodium bicarbonate alternative (fine gritty texture) or because the chemical structure (ascorbate?) is helping whitening your teeth?

Jam

@Jam If it removes the stains by the vitamin C reducing the iodine on the teeth to iodide, if so then a sodium ascorbate mouthwash would work too, I suppose. But then brushing maybe gets it into the teeth better.
Could be, but by using a mouthwash only there is no scrubbing action, so probably best to dip the toothbrush and brush with it as well.

Jam

I see.
Do yo to use it solely as sodium bicarbonate alternative (fine gritty texture) or because the chemical structure (ascorbate?) is helping whitening your teeth?
Both ;)

Bluebell

The additional selenium protects the thyroid from potential peroxidation when taking mega-doses of iodide, which is why I took it with the 900mg of SSKI. Ascorbic acid doesn't offer any additional protection, but it can help recover the NIS (sodium/iodide transporters) which may not be fully functional after years of iodine deficiency. It also reduces iodine to iodide if taken together -- so it's always a good idea to take iodine and ascorbic acid at least an hour apart.
That's good about vitamin C, as I find I don't always tolerate it that well. Selenium I am OK with.

And your SSKI, what form do you take it in - as pills, and any reason why you chose to take SSKI not Lugol's internally?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom