Can just ~10-15mg potassium iodide cause this severe halogen detox symptoms?

Jam

That's good about vitamin C, as I find I don't always tolerate it that well. Selenium I am OK with.

And your SSKI, what form do you take it in - as pills, and any reason why you chose to take SSKI not Lugol's internally?
SSKI is a super saturated solution of potassium iodide, 50mg per drop of KI in distilled water. It was widely used last century as a cough expectorant called Pima Syrup, amongst a myriad of other uses.

Jam

Sounds nice.

I wonder if Sodium Ascorbate would have any effects like that too?
I ask mainly since I got some pure sodium ascrobate powder.
Yes.

Gustav3Y

I tried several times to gargle with methylene blue and while everything in my mouth is blue, there is no hint of blue on my tonsils or oropharinx when I look in the mirror. This suggests that the solution is not even touching the tonsils or the oropharinx.

Is that the same with everyone who gargles with methylene blue, no blue staining of the oropharinxor or tonsils?

InChristAlone

The Betadine I use is the oral mouthwash solution. The other ingredients here in Italy are:
Ethyl alcohol, glycerol, eucalyptol, menthol, sodium saccharin, citric acid, sodium phosphate, distilled water.

I used to gargle (especially for tooth/gum issues) with diluted Lugol's, but recently began using the Betadine as it is more convenient and tastes better, and the eucalyptol has additional anti-septic qualities. Since I do not ingest it, I'm not too worried about the other ingredients.

And no, it doesn't stain my teeth. Nothing that can't be removed with some calcium ascorbate powder.
Povidone is a vinyl compound, nothing I'd ever put near my oral mucosa.

OP
D

DonLore

So it seems iodine strongly lowers cortisol, have you seen this happen @Jam @burtlancast ? Feels like quetiapine or mirtazapine, which crash cortisol/serotonin. I usually have trouble sleeping and I feel jittery/hyper but I have been super sleepy and sedated for a few days, which is really good. By what mechanism could iodine crash cortisol?

Jam

It is well-known that iodine lowers stress hormones such as histamine and estrogen.

On iodine and histamine:
jm00304a031.fp.png

OP
D

DonLore

It is well-known that iodine lowers stress hormones such as histamine and estrogen.

On iodine and histamine:
View attachment 31789
Jam, am I right in thinking that potassium iodide has all the anti-bacterial, anti-biofilm, anti-viral etc qualities? Or what is the form that kills all bacteria in contact? Potassium iodide turns into iodine anyway in the body, right? So saturating the body with KI should start killing off things that are not supposed to be there. Thanks

Jam

Jam, am I right in thinking that potassium iodide has all the anti-bacterial, anti-biofilm, anti-viral etc qualities? Or what is the form that kills all bacteria in contact? Potassium iodide turns into iodine anyway in the body, right? So saturating the body with KI should start killing off things that are not supposed to be there. Thanks
Neutrophil myeloperoxidase preferentially uses iodide (when present in the body in sufficient concentrations) to form hypoiodous acid, in lieu of using other much more inflammatory halogen derivates. Also, mucosal secretions concentrate additional iodide, which gives myeloperoxidase even more ammo. It has been found that in such conditions of iodide saturation, most respiratory viruses don't stand a chance.

Molecular iodine is also highly antiseptic and antimicrobial, which is why applying Lugol's locally, such as gargling with diluted solution, can on its own, or in addition to supplementing iodide, be very useful in "killing off things that are not supposed to be there".

Jam

It has been found that in such conditions of iodide saturation, most respiratory viruses don't stand a chance.

Molecular iodine is also highly antiseptic and antimicrobial, which is why applying Lugol's locally, such as gargling with diluted solution, can on its own, or in addition to supplementing iodide, be very useful in "killing off things that are not supposed to be there".
In the past few days, 2 more members of my family, including my mother, all unvaccinated, tested positive, with "Omicron" symptoms. I instructed them to take 6x3 drops of SSKI with selenomethionine and multiple aspirins and to gargle with diluted Lugol's, and both recovered almost immediately.

Makrosky

I took today 150mg KI as I am started to get bored and I want to heal this ASAP. I am going to up dosage tomorrow or tonight if I don't see improvement. Not that I am bad but I am not 100% either. Boooring.

Makrosky

6 drops of SSKI (300mg) x 3 times a day?
In the past few days, 2 more members of my family, including my mother, all unvaccinated, tested positive, with "Omicron" symptoms. I instructed them to take 6x3 drops of SSKI with selenomethionine and multiple aspirins and to gargle with diluted Lugol's, and both recovered almost immediately.

Jam

6 drops of SSKI (300mg) x 3 times a day?
Yep. A common dosage given to anyone suffering from a respiratory infection last century. Look up Pima Syrup. It's just a fancy name for SSKI.

Makrosky

Yep. A common dosage given to anyone suffering from a respiratory infection last century. Look up Pima Syrup. It's just a fancy name for SSKI.
Great.

Btw, I know about it, you don't have to convince me ;) Not only for resp. infections. Many other conditions like dermathological ones. In recent times also.

OP
D

DonLore

I think I can handle even big doses, like 50mg already. Some die-off symptoms(?) Since I probably have a ***t ton of bacteria all over. So do you guys think that most people, if enough selenium and vitC is ingested also, can safely supplement 10-100mg iodine daily for long times? Seems to be a miracle supplement but the odd reports of thyroid problems still have me tiny bit unease

Mossy

SSKI is a super saturated solution of potassium iodide, 50mg per drop of KI in distilled water. It was widely used last century as a cough expectorant called Pima Syrup, amongst a myriad of other uses.
Hi Jam, you provided good information for me about SSKI on another thread, but I wanted to ask a follow up question on this thread because it's more relevant to the thread subject.

Another used shared once he stopped SSKI supplementation his thyroid went a little wacky:

"I've posted my story before........4 years ago I "stopped" taking a 6.25 mg potassium iodide supplement.
A week later I went severely hyper----tests showed TSI antibodies (associated with Grave's Disease).
Six months later I turned hypo & have stayed there."

I remember you saying you've been on 150mg+ doses of SSKI for about 4 years, which leads me to wonder what would happen if you were to ever stop? Do you have thoughts about proper steps for stopping SSKI and how to deal with any effects such as that poster experienced? Maybe it's just as simple as consistent selenomethionine supplementation along side the SSKI. (Just a guess.)

If your time and interest allows, I'm be interested in your thoughts.

Jam

Hi Jam, you provided good information for me about SSKI on another thread, but I wanted to ask a follow up question on this thread because it's more relevant to the thread subject.

Another used shared once he stopped SSKI supplementation his thyroid went a little wacky:

"I've posted my story before........4 years ago I "stopped" taking a 6.25 mg potassium iodide supplement.
A week later I went severely hyper----tests showed TSI antibodies (associated with Grave's Disease).

I remember you saying you've been on 150mg+ doses of SSKI for about 4 years, which leads me to wonder what would happen if you were to ever stop? Do you have thoughts about proper steps for stopping SSKI and how to deal with any effects such as that poster experienced? Maybe it's just as simple as consistent selenomethionine supplementation along side the SSKI. (Just a guess.)

Hi Mossy, I have stopped several times (4 or 5) for weeks at a time without issues. I also regularly skip SSKI for several consecutive days (2-3) at least once a month. By the way, since my diet is already high in selenium, I rarely supplement.

Dr. B

I think I can handle even big doses, like 50mg already. Some die-off symptoms(?) Since I probably have a ***t ton of bacteria all over. So do you guys think that most people, if enough selenium and vitC is ingested also, can safely supplement 10-100mg iodine daily for long times? Seems to be a miracle supplement but the odd reports of thyroid problems still have me tiny bit unease
whats the purpose of the vitamin C alongside the iodine? i heard selenium has to be limited to 400mcg from all sources including supplements, no matter how much iodine you're using? is the vitamin C to encourage glutathione peroxidase or recycle the selenium or something?

is there a reason it has to be selenimethionine? it cant be selenium glycinate? you can get selenium glycinate in the high quality TRAACS form by albion minerals. so it's a purer cleaner supplement. i dont know if they make TRAACS selenimethionine.

Mossy

Hi Mossy, I have stopped several times (4 or 5) for weeks at a time without issues. I also regularly skip SSKI for several consecutive days (2-3) at least once a month. By the way, since my diet is already high in selenium, I rarely supplement.
Ok, good to know. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience.

Mossy

whats the purpose of the vitamin C alongside the iodine? i heard selenium has to be limited to 400mcg from all sources including supplements, no matter how much iodine you're using? is the vitamin C to encourage glutathione peroxidase or recycle the selenium or something?

is there a reason it has to be selenimethionine? it cant be selenium glycinate? you can get selenium glycinate in the high quality TRAACS form by albion minerals. so it's a purer cleaner supplement. i dont know if they make TRAACS selenimethionine.
Throughout the years I've read selenimethionine as being the supreme source of selenium. You may be right about the TRAACS form; greater minds than mine will have to chime in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom