Can just ~10-15mg potassium iodide cause this severe halogen detox symptoms?

DonLore

So I took 2-5mg KI for 3 days, then maybe 15mg on 4th day, and got muscle aches, feeling run-down, and now have had massive headache for 12h. I know iodine itself should not have these symptoms, especially in such "low" doses, so is it possible that its a bromide/chlorine/fluoride detox, or bacterial die-off? If so, how the hell could so low dose release so much halogens? @burtlancast

burtlancast

No idea.

At such low doses, as you wrote, i don't think you can have detox symptoms.

Do you live in an area that fluoridates it's water ?

OP
D

DonLore

No idea.

At such low doses, as you wrote, i don't think you can have detox symptoms.

Do you live in an area that fluoridates it's water ?
No fluoride, but chlorine is added to water. But I did very foolishly also use fluoride pills younger.

Maybe it was just a coincidence, I might have gotten some mild infection etc. Going to take a 2 day break from KI anyway and then continue with smaller dose just to be safe. It does seem effective in clearing gut bacteria though, something I probably have issues with

Jam

Which specific product are you using?

OP
D

DonLore

Which specific product are you using?
A simple generic pill form of KI, from pharmacy. 130mg. I mixed 1/4 pill in some water, and been dosing from that. I have noticed gut bacteria die-off and anti-estrogenic effect

Makrosky

I doubt it is a halides detox reaction. It is a very low dose.

What could have been is the lack of selenomethionine. Said 100 times in the forum already. Use the selenium or you will damage your thyroid in the long run.

Another thing is... were you well fed? For someone who hasn't taken iodine before, 5mg can ramp up metabolism quite a lot.

Are you sure the pills are pure potassium iodide?

OP
D

DonLore

I doubt it is a halides detox reaction. It is a very low dose.

What could have been is the lack of selenomethionine. Said 100 times in the forum already. Use the selenium or you will damage your thyroid in the long run.

Another thing is... were you well fed? For someone who hasn't taken iodine before, 5mg can ramp up metabolism quite a lot.

Are you sure the pills are pure potassium iodide?
I do have 200mcg of selenium daily in my diet, I dont see a reason to supplement since I get that much from food with all the co-factors food provides. I do eat plenty, keep blood sugar up etc. Also use sea salt a lot, have 1000% RDA B1 B2 B3 vitamins and so on. And it is pure potassium iodide, yes.
But I am starting to think I actually got some bug from being in freezing temperatures outside, but mistook it fot detox since I just upped the Iodine dose. And I plan to continue the iodine since it seems very important for human health, especially with such vast amount of toxins in modern life

Makrosky

I do have 200mcg of selenium daily in my diet, I dont see a reason to supplement since I get that much from food with all the co-factors food provides. I do eat plenty, keep blood sugar up etc. Also use sea salt a lot, have 1000% RDA B1 B2 B3 vitamins and so on. And it is pure potassium iodide, yes.
But I am starting to think I actually got some bug from being in freezing temperatures outside, but mistook it fot detox since I just upped the Iodine dose. And I plan to continue the iodine since it seems very important for human health, especially with such vast amount of toxins in modern life
So you think you know better than the Drs that have been treating hundreds (or thousands) of patients with iodine during the last decade or two, and think a totally unreliable estimation of selenium ingested and/or absorved through food is enough to protect your thyroid from several miligrams of supplemental iodine per day. Fine.

Nomane Euger

So you think you know better than the Drs that have been treating hundreds (or thousands) of patients with iodine during the last decade or two, and think a totally unreliable estimation of selenium ingested and/or absorved through food is enough to protect your thyroid from several miligrams of supplemental iodine per day. Fine.
He didn’t wrote that,you are just projecting

Dr. B

what other cofactors are needed besides selenium? i heard niacin, apparently hexanicotinate form is advised, and salt and vitamin c?

Makrosky

He didn’t wrote that,you are just projecting
That's fine. I gave the warning for a potential thyroid damaging (not a downregulation, upregulation, mineral imbalance, etc, no... D A M A G E). Now, up to him to do what he judges better :)

Nomane Euger

That's fine. I gave the warning for a potential thyroid damaging (not a downregulation, upregulation, mineral imbalance, etc, no... D A M A G E). Now, up to him to do what he judges better :)
Your recommandations are fine,thé part where you said that he think he knows better than doctors with experiences on the topic,it was pure projection considering that he did’t said that

OP
D

DonLore

I mean I take that seriously. But why isnt 200mcg from diet enough if 200 is the recommended amount? If there is a need for more, I can increase it to 300mcg if I add more beef kidney. And food source selenium is mostly selenomethione anyway IIRC right? But if for some reason supplementation is needed besides getting 200-300mcg from diet, then by all means I am open to that. But I imagine iodine doctors recommend supplementation because most people get under 100 mcg per day from food, IF even that?

OP
D

DonLore

Your recommandations are fine,thé part where you said that he think he knows better than doctors with experiences on the topic,it was pure projection considering that he did’t said that
Yes I absolutely do not claim to know better than doctors who have treated people with iodine for 30 years. I just wonder if my high dietary intake of Selenium isnt enough since its the same amount as supplemental dose. I take iodine and co-factors VERY seriously, as I am all about getting 100% healthy

OP
D

DonLore

Is it possible that kidney, eggs, cod etc have low selenium levels? I really do not know the variability, but they should still have at least a lot

Makrosky

Is it possible that kidney, eggs, cod etc have low selenium levels? I really do not know the variability, but they should still have at least a lot
That is the issue man. You don't really know how much selenium you get from foods even if you put it in chronometer. From that amount, you don't know how much you are actually absorving. Nor what form it is.

Then, 200mcg per day from diet is for covering the normal functioning of the body without extra iodine. That doesn't count the fact that ingesting extra mgs of iodine will heavily increase peroxides on the thyroid, and to neutralize those you need the extra selenium.

Put it in another way : You can ingest pure oils rich in PUFA that also have vitamin E to protect from the PUFA. So you are kind of protected. Now on top of that, ingest a lot of refined PUFA oils without vit E and... you have a net negative ratio.

Iodine doctors have been repeating all over and dozens o testimonials on iodine forums have been dealing with this as well.

It could be that you have lots of selenium stores or other anti peroxidation compounds thst act synergistycall or whatver but... when we are talking about potential damage of the thyroid and you plan taking it for long, I would really trust the Drs that have the experience, wrote books about it, etc.

Look for info on the internet about it : Drs brownstein, flechas, tempenny, Stephanie Buist, etc.

I think you can even find pubmed studies discussing this.

Hope it helps to clarify.

Dr. B

That is the issue man. You don't really know how much selenium you get from foods even if you put it in chronometer. From that amount, you don't know how much you are actually absorving. Nor what form it is.

Then, 200mcg per day from diet is for covering the normal functioning of the body without extra iodine. That doesn't count the fact that ingesting extra mgs of iodine will heavily increase peroxides on the thyroid, and to neutralize those you need the extra selenium.

Put it in another way : You can ingest pure oils rich in PUFA that also have vitamin E to protect from the PUFA. So you are kind of protected. Now on top of that, ingest a lot of refined PUFA oils without vit E and... you have a net negative ratio.

Iodine doctors have been repeating all over and dozens o testimonials on iodine forums have been dealing with this as well.

It could be that you have lots of selenium stores or other anti peroxidation compounds thst act synergistycall or whatver but... when we are talking about potential damage of the thyroid and you plan taking it for long, I would really trust the Drs that have the experience, wrote books about it, etc.

Look for info on the internet about it : Drs brownstein, flechas, tempenny, Stephanie Buist, etc.

I think you can even find pubmed studies discussing this.

Hope it helps to clarify.
which other cofactors?

and thats interesting, how long does the damage last if you take lots of iodine without the selenium supplements? or in general how do you recover peroxide related damage to the organs or glands. which dietary/nutrient/environmental factors increase peroxide and which decrease it? besides glutathione

Makrosky

which other cofactors?

and thats interesting, how long does the damage last if you take lots of iodine without the selenium supplements? or in general how do you recover peroxide related damage to the organs or glands. which dietary/nutrient/environmental factors increase peroxide and which decrease it? besides glutathione
I don't know, it is probably in pubmed. This requires an endocrionologyst to answer as I don't know if thyroid tissue regenerates. But I wouldn't take the risk. Even hormonal imbalances without damages can take months or years to recover from so... you choose if you want to play the russian roulette.

OP
D

DonLore

which other cofactors?

B vitamins, C vitamin, minerals like Mg, Se, Iron, etc. Hell, probably eating seafood, meat and kidney, liver, b complex and magnesium, and supplement some selenium and you should be good.
And @burtlancast @Makrosky @Jam I just found out its covid that is causing me headache. Lets see what my supplements will do to it

Makrosky

B vitamins, C vitamin, minerals like Mg, Se, Iron, etc. Hell, probably eating seafood, meat and kidney, liver, b complex and magnesium, and supplement some selenium and you should be good.
And @burtlancast @Makrosky @Jam I just found out its covid that is causing me headache. Lets see what my supplements will do to it
You are gonna be fine. There are tons of info in the forum with all kind remedies for it. NAC, Aspirin, H1 and H2 antihistamines, cloves, black cumin, methylene blue, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, iodine, MMS... with these things it is just a flu or just a cold.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom