Building Resilience to Stress is Paramount? The Terrain is Key? Finding Health by Understanding the Laws of the Universe.

dervmai

progress
What does an organism do when stressors are removed? If a newborn baby was put into a hypothetical environment where there are no external stressors... where toxins do not build up in the body via things like PUFA and a bad diet, and where oxidative stress does not pile up in the organism from being stressed from it's environment, where there is no social anxiety, where the organism does not stress about the illusions of life, where they are given a peaceful environment to thrive in.... how healthy would the child be? I think of an the environment as something of the distant past, a hunter gather type of lifestyle... one where the organism is constantly in nature, from where it came. Granted we must also remove the stressors of the people back in that time period, where there was incredible stress on the organism to find food, to survive against weather and predators because we need to put them in an environment without stressors for this thought experiment.

The thing is that this hypothetical world cannot be made into reality, because the fact of the matter is that our world is toxic. Now for this thought experiment, would the individual be incredible healthy as long as the environment is stress free? If they were kept in this environment for the entire duration of their life, how long would they live? What would the quality of this individuals life be like? Would they experience the same health decline due to age related issues, how would their cells age?? Would they have autoimmunity issues?

Now what happens if this individual dramatically experiences stressors? After living a life free from stressors, how would the environmental stressor affect the organism? Say you put this organism in a situation where they would need to fend for themselves against a predator? Or if their diet would drastically change into something unhealthy for a short period of time... how would the body react? What if you put them in an unhygienic environment... would they get sick quicker?

Changing the organisms environment changes the structure of the organism down to the cells does it not? We know stress can affect the cell, the structure of the cell, the DNA and RNA of cells and their proteins and lipids, it causes intracellular changes. Another thought experiment- Imagine two identical people.... not twins but actual identical people, their entire cell structure is the same. At the given moment, the 2 individuals have lived the exact same life on different planets on the opposite side of the universe.... hypothetically, there is another milky way galaxy out there, there is is a exact replica of earth, and all the events that ever took place on one of the organism's earth has taken place on the other organism's earth, down to the flapping of the wings of a butterfly. They have experienced everything the same, down to the way the atoms were arranged in their experience. Then suddenly one organism suddenly changes and their life goes in a complete different trajectory.... a life full of stress and the other continues to live how it did, in the same non-toxic environment for it's whole life. Up until the point where they separated, they had lived the exact same life.... exactly the same, 0 differences. If you could then observe their cells and quantify cellular aging... the organism that began living a life full of stress will have a different cellular structure, the "age" of the cells will have changed.

The terrain is matter and space and the metaphysical aspects of reality. We are matter therefore we are terrain, parts of a whole residing within time and space. Our consciousness is on a metaphysical terrain. Any interactions are chemical interactions, remember we are atoms and elements just like everything else (We won't get into exotic particles and dark matter etc....). The terrain is constantly changing with each collision of energy and atoms. This is all just theories though, nothing is a definitive fact.

So maintaining an optimal terrain is key. Now back to that thought experiment from earlier. If the organism who never experienced toxins and stress be healthy if you put that child suddenly in stressful environment? I think no. Now we as humans can adapt... yes but only to a certain extent. We haven't been able to regrow entire limbs, or eyeballs, or teeth.... there is a limit to adaptation... whether the limit was put by our creator, or whether we have the potential but are not there or we don't have the technology for it, whatever it may be, the fact of the matter is that we don't have the ability currently. This limit in adaptation applies to our vessels. I think I read somewhere about Ray talking about the flow of energy throughout the "machine" and how it inevitably will wear down the vessel. A fundamental law of the universe- the law of thermodynamics applies to everything within the universe, our bodies included, energy cannot be created or destroyed. There is a limit. Immortality would not be possible within these laws if I understand correctly... sure aging can potentially be drastically reduced.... shoot who knows, maybe we adapt to live for thousands of years.... but living forever would not be possible, the limit would be the universe and the energy in the universe.

We are limited by our environment. Maybe we as humans, in a perfect environment are capable of living for hundred of years.... just food for thought. Now how does this help us? What is the point of the post?

We do not find ourselves in this perfect dream environment. Accepting this and adapting as best as possible is all we can do. I think this is where Ray is coming from, in his teachings and lifestyle. Using thyroid, progesterone, aspirin, diet, meditation whatever it may be, to aid in the futile attempt to resist stress. But do we try to remove all the stress that is possible? Exercise, all the possible inflammatory foods like starches, grains etc...? There has to be some healthy ways to build stress resilience.... that does not include optimizing hormones via thyroid and progesterone and other supplements like aspirin....

Light exercise, cold showers, avoiding comfort... even the little things like sleeping in late.... these add up and I mentioned earlier about how every action there is an interaction on the atomic level, on a chemical level. Things like removing social media, excessive comfort and accessibility.... this would mean taking the harder route of heating your meals on a stovetop vs a microwave would have some amount of impact on your health, however little it may be. Even the smallest actions, built up over the span of your life, can become beneficially impactful. There is a line between stress resilience training and becoming overly stressed to a point where it is unhealthy... where that line is, it is hard to say, it is dependent on the individual. Just food for thought... After reading more, I really think Ray Peat and his lifestyle might actually be correct... my skepticism has gone down a good amount. :):

So fix your thyroid, do what you need to to break out of the "stress cycle" response. But don't become complacent afterwards...life will still be hard... shoot, it might get even harder, but you will get stronger, aging is inevitable, learn to deal with it as best as possible... your body is still capable of doing so :), granted you are not too far along the aging process that is, it can bounce back... be hopeful, it's good for you, but also don't get discouraged. We will all die anyway.... hopefully that sentence wasn't too dark lol.

Last edited:

CKC

What does an organism do when stressors are removed? If a newborn baby was put into a hypothetical environment where there are no external stressors... where toxins do not build up in the body via things like PUFA and a bad diet, and where oxidative stress does not pile up in the organism from being stressed from it's environment, where there is no social anxiety, where the organism does not stress about the illusions of life, where they are given a peaceful environment to thrive in.... how healthy would the child be? I think of an the environment as something of the distant past, a hunter gather type of lifestyle... one where the organism is constantly in nature, from where it came. Granted we must also remove the stressors of the people back in that time period, where there was incredible stress on the organism to find food, to survive against weather and predators because we need to put them in an environment without stressors for this thought experiment.

The thing is that this hypothetical world cannot be made into reality, because the fact of the matter is that our world is toxic. Now for this thought experiment, would the individual be incredible healthy as long as the environment is stress free? If they were kept in this environment for the entire duration of their life, how long would they live? What would the quality of this individuals life be like? Would they experience the same health decline due to age related issues, how would their cells age?? Would they have autoimmunity issues?

Now what happens if this individual dramatically experiences stressors? After living a life free from stressors, how would the environmental stressor affect the organism? Say you put this organism in a situation where they would need to fend for themselves against a predator? Or if their diet would drastically change into something unhealthy for a short period of time... how would the body react? What if you put them in an unhygienic environment... would they get sick quicker?

Changing the organisms environment changes the structure of the organism down to the cells does it not? We know stress can affect the cell, the structure of the cell, the DNA and RNA of cells and their proteins and lipids, it causes intracellular changes. Another thought experiment- Imagine two identical people.... not twins but actual identical people, their entire cell structure is the same. At the given moment, the 2 individuals have lived the exact same life on different planets on the opposite side of the universe.... hypothetically, there is another milky way galaxy out there, there is is a exact replica of earth, and all the events that ever took place on one of the organism's earth has taken place on the other organism's earth, down to the flapping of the wings of a butterfly. They have experienced everything the same, down to the way the atoms were arranged in their experience. Then suddenly one organism suddenly changes and their life goes in a complete different trajectory.... a life full of stress and the other continues to live how it did, in the same non-toxic environment for it's whole life. Up until the point where they separated, they had lived the exact same life.... exactly the same, 0 differences. If you could then observe their cells and quantify cellular aging... the organism that began living a life full of stress will have a different cellular structure, the "age" of the cells will have changed.

The terrain is matter and space and the metaphysical aspects of reality. We are matter therefore we are terrain, parts of a whole residing within time and space. Our consciousness is on a metaphysical terrain. Any interactions are chemical interactions, remember we are atoms and elements just like everything else (We won't get into exotic particles and dark matter etc....). The terrain is constantly changing with each collision of energy and atoms. This is all just theories though, nothing is a definitive fact.

So maintaining an optimal terrain is key. Now back to that thought experiment from earlier. If the organism who never experienced toxins and stress be healthy if you put that child suddenly in stressful environment? I think no. Now we as humans can adapt... yes but only to a certain extent. We haven't been able to regrow entire limbs, or eyeballs, or teeth.... there is a limit to adaptation... whether the limit was put by our creator, or whether we have the potential but are not there or we don't have the technology for it, whatever it may be, the fact of the matter is that we don't have the ability currently. This limit in adaptation applies to our vessels. I think I read somewhere about Ray talking about the flow of energy throughout the "machine" and how it inevitably will wear down the vessel. A fundamental law of the universe- the law of thermodynamics applies to everything within the universe, our bodies included, energy cannot be created or destroyed. There is a limit. Immortality would not be possible within these laws if I understand correctly... sure aging can potentially be drastically reduced.... shoot who knows, maybe we adapt to live for thousands of years.... but living forever would not be possible, the limit would be the universe and the energy in the universe.

We are limited by our environment. Maybe we as humans, in a perfect environment are capable of living for hundred of years.... just food for thought. Now how does this help us? What is the point of the post?

We do not find ourselves in this perfect dream environment. Accepting this and adapting as best as possible is all we can do. I think this is where Ray is coming from, in his teachings and lifestyle. Using thyroid, progesterone, aspirin, diet, meditation whatever it may be, to aid in the futile attempt to resist stress. But do we try to remove all the stress that is possible? Exercise, all the possible inflammatory foods like starches, grains etc...? There has to be some healthy ways to build stress resilience.... that does not include optimizing hormones via thyroid and progesterone and other supplements like aspirin....

Light exercise, cold showers, avoiding comfort... even the little things like sleeping in late.... these add up and I mentioned earlier about how every action there is an interaction on the atomic level, on a chemical level. Things like removing social media, excessive comfort and accessibility.... this would mean taking the harder route of heating your meals on a stovetop vs a microwave would have some amount of impact on your health, however little it may be. Even the smallest actions, built up over the span of your life, can become beneficially impactful. There is a line between stress resilience training and becoming overly stressed to a point where it is unhealthy... where that line is, it is hard to say, it is dependent on the individual. Just food for thought... After reading more, I really think Ray Peat and his lifestyle might actually be correct... my skepticism has gone down a good amount. :):

So fix your thyroid, do what you need to to break out of the "stress cycle" response. But don't become complacent afterwards...life will still be hard... shoot, it might get even harder, but you will get stronger, aging is inevitable, learn to deal with it as best as possible... your body is still capable of doing so :), granted you are not too far along the aging process that is, it can bounce back... be hopeful, it's good for you, but also don't get discouraged. We will all die anyway.... hopefully that sentence wasn't too dark lol.
Dervmai, I sincerely enjoyed reading your thoughtful post. The 'perfect dream environment' is only possible in Heaven, so your last sentence wasn't dark, it was a beautiful reminder of God's grace and glorious future for His people where this no more death, mourning nor crying (Revelation 21 describes the ultimate 'stress-free' world, which is not hypothetical, it's the only truth that sets the captives free for eternity). So death has no 'sting' for those who will dwell with Him and He with us. I'm new to the Ray Peat forum. I believe 'building resilience to stress' is paramount and that applying 'bioenergetic medicine' is vitally important. It provides a tiny temporal Heaven-on-earth perspective. Our understanding of God's supernatural creation of life, explained in Genesis, is much smaller than the atomic particles that can't be seen with an electron-microscope. Meantime, I'm so very thankful God gave us the information, wisdom, and wherewithal to care for our earthly vessels. Thank you for sharing. Kind regards, CKC

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals