Bad Hand Fracture - Post Surgery - Suggestions

JohnHafterson

Had a gnarly mountain bike accident 2.5 weeks ago.

Hand fracture with surgery with a metal plate and 9 screws to secure bones and two chipped broken teeth.

Regarding hand wondering any suggestions in terms of supplements or similar angles to help hand heal and limit internal scarring/ fibrosis/negative tissue remodeling and/or maximize functionality long-term....?

Thanks.

X-ray pre surgery:

X-ray post-surgery:

Image hand:

Last edited:
OP
JohnHafterson

JohnHafterson

Been eating pretty well. Lots of protein, gelatin, chicken feet, zinc, carnosine, taurine, calcium, magnesium, potassium, moderate vitamin C, Vitamin D & K, pregnenolone...

Will probably start near-infrared light ( red light ) therapy now that surgical cast is off.

Last edited:

feather

Forum Supporter
Been eating pretty well. Lots of protein, gelatin, chicken feet, zinc, carnosine, taurine, calcium, magnesium, potassium, moderate vitamin C, Vitamin D & K, pregnenolone...

Will probably start near-infrared light ( red light ) therapy now that surgical cast is off.
Comfrey helps with this kind of injury.

Sumbody

+1 on this!

I have used RL to heal hand injuries and surgical wounds to great success.

I have a cardboard box that I cut out around the top of, then a "mouse hole" on the side. I simply place the RL unit on top of the box, then poke my hand inside through the mouse hole.

I once had surgery and the wound healed so fast this way, I ended up pulling the stitches about 5-6 days early as the wound was completely healed and the stitches began causing irritation at that point.

TheDogsDid-It!

Forum Supporter
Had a gnarly mountain bike accident 2.5 weeks ago.

Hand fracture with surgery with a metal plate and 9 screws to secure bones and two chipped broken teeth.

Regarding hand wondering any suggestions in terms of supplements or similar angles to help hand heal and limit internal scarring/ fibrosis/negative tissue remodeling and/or maximize functionality long-term....?

Thanks.

X-ray pre surgery:

X-ray post-surgery:

Image hand:
Look into the research on the peptide BPC-157. I took capsule form for healing the gut and was amazed at how quick it heals, but that wouldn't be powerful enough for healing from surgery. Lots of reported success with using the injectable peptide for post surgical healing.

OP
JohnHafterson

JohnHafterson

+1 on this!

I have used RL to heal hand injuries and surgical wounds to great success.

I have a cardboard box that I cut out around the top of, then a "mouse hole" on the side. I simply place the RL unit on top of the box, then poke my hand inside through the mouse hole.

I once had surgery and the wound healed so fast this way, I ended up pulling the stitches about 5-6 days early as the wound was completely healed and the stitches began causing irritation at that point.
What wavelength is your red light?

I've got a 630nm light but have seen 800 to 830nm wavelength is pretty effective for bone.

OP
JohnHafterson

JohnHafterson

Look into the research on the peptide BPC-157. I took capsule form for healing the gut and was amazed at how quick it heals, but that wouldn't be powerful enough for healing from surgery. Lots of reported success with using the injectable peptide for post surgical healing.
Will do

StephanF

Forum Supporter
The late Dr. Gary Buchanan, a former music professor, composer and conductor, developed a sound healing footbath but it could also be used for hands.

He had a client whose foot was injured by a heavy object falling onto it. There was a chance that gangrene would start and the orthopedic physician considered amputation. Since his wife know the wife of Dr. Buchanan, as a last resort he went to see him for a treatment.

After the sound treatment, the foot took on a pink color, sign of increased circulation. His foot completely healed! True story, I knew Dr. Buchanan personally and actually helped him with the development of the sound treatment.

It is based on Sir Peter Manners ‘Cyma Therapy’, for which he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. Dr. Buchanan visited Sir Peter in England while he was still alive.

I have such a footbath in my house. I use sound transducers from Daytona Audio that are mounted underneath a plastic bucket, as per Dr. Buchanan’s instructions.

Then you would need the sound files, which I have. These are MP3 files and can be played back through a Pyle amplifier.

Attachments

• IMG_4350.jpeg
    IMG_4350.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
OP
JohnHafterson

JohnHafterson

The late Dr. Gary Buchanan, a former music professor, composer and conductor, developed a sound healing footbath but it could also be used for hands.

He had a client whose foot was injured by a heavy object falling onto it. There was a chance that gangrene would start and the orthopedic physician considered amputation. Since his wife know the wife of Dr. Buchanan, as a last resort he went to see him for a treatment.

After the sound treatment, the foot took on a pink color, sign of increased circulation. His foot completely healed! True story, I knew Dr. Buchanan personally and actually helped him with the development of the sound treatment.

It is based on Sir Peter Manners ‘Cyma Therapy’, for which he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. Dr. Buchanan visited Sir Peter in England while he was still alive.

I have such a footbath in my house. I use sound transducers from Daytona Audio that are mounted underneath a plastic bucket, as per Dr. Buchanan’s instructions.

Then you would need the sound files, which I have. These are MP3 files and can be played back through a Pyle amplifier.
Very interesting. I did a little reading on vibration for bone fracture healing last week. Your setup looks pretty nice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom