Aspirin Without GI Bleeding?

Logan-

I have Crohn's disease so I am advised not to take NSAIDs because of the incresed GI bleeding they cause.

I have experienced GI bleeding, flare-ups, abdominal pain etc. with all the NSAIDs I have tried in the past.

I am wondering if there is a way to take aspirin without experiencing GI bleeding at all?

Hans

Forum Supporter
MCT is anti-ulcerative and bicarb, glycine and vit K2 can help reduce GI problems associated with aspirin. So maybe you can try 300mg aspirin with 1g of glycine, 1/8 tsp bicarb, 1mg K2 and 1 tsp MCT oil and see how you feel. Ginger can also help sooth the gut.

Always disolve first. Aspirin disolves differently in various types of liquids. Don’t assume it will always disolve as fast in your stomach as it does in a glass of water. Depending on the current content of your stomach, it may sit there for a while, stuck in the stomach wall, and that’s when it may cause problems.

Honestly, I can’t imagine how a disolved aspirin consumed with a fair amount of liquid and food could cause any damage. The acid concentration at that point is nearly negligible from a chemical impact point.

OP
L

Logan-

MCT is anti-ulcerative and bicarb, glycine and vit K2 can help reduce GI problems associated with aspirin. So maybe you can try 300mg aspirin with 1g of glycine, 1/8 tsp bicarb, 1mg K2 and 1 tsp MCT oil and see how you feel. Ginger can also help sooth the gut.

Thanks. I started using K2 recently. I guess it has been used to counteract aspirin's bleeding effect?

I have also read this advice given by Ray Peat for @Wilfrid, another Crohn's patient:

When I asked Ray what he considers the most potent and safest supp to take for someone with the crohn's he told me to take higher amount of K ( on skin rather than by mouth.)

I have been using powdered ginger to treat my migraines every day, so it probably helps lower my gut inflammation too.

For glycine, I drink bone broth and take magnesium glycinate every day.

Look up my aspirin protocol posts.

Found these. I'm reading them now.

My Favorite Aspirin Protocol
2 New Important Aspirin Learnings

Always disolve first. Aspirin disolves differently in various types of liquids. Don’t assume it will always disolve as fast in your stomach as it does in a glass of water. Depending on the current content of your stomach, it may sit there for a while, stuck in the stomach wall, and that’s when it may cause problems.

Honestly, I can’t imagine how a disolved aspirin consumed with a fair amount of liquid and food could cause any damage. The acid concentration at that point is nearly negligible from a chemical impact point.

Thanks for replying. I think the bleeding in the digestive system comes from the inhibition of GI-protective prostaglandins with the aspirin, no? I can't see how this is going to solve this issue. Could you or someone else clarify?

The initial glimmer of our current recognition that PGE2 is critical to the homeostasis of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract dates to 1938, when acetylsalicylic acid, or aspirin, was first reported to cause gastric hemorrhage [4], which in 1955 was attributed to its potential to promote erosive gastritis [5]. The roots of our mechanistic understanding for these observations derive from two Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, namely the purification and structural characterization of prostaglandins by Sune Bergström and Bengt Samuelsson, and the subsequent discovery by John Vane that aspirin inhibited the enzymatic production of prostaglandins. Today, it is recognized that abundant production of PGE2 by the constitutively active cyclooxygenase-1 in gastric epithelial cells is critical to their protection from a harsh acidic environment. It is now appreciated that PGE2 promotes epithelial integrity in other parts of the GI tract and indeed in other organs. That PGE2 protects against epithelial injury is evident from its anti-apoptotic effects in a mouse model of radiation colitis [6]. Although PGE2 is classically thought of as a pro-inflammatory molecule, this reputation largely reflects its actions on the microvasculature, but—interestingly—its effects on leukocytes are predominantly suppressive, as exemplified by its contribution to immune tolerance in the gut [7]. The increased risk of Crohn’s disease associated with the use of aspirin and other NSAIDs [8] may therefore be explained by the loss of both the anti-inflammatory and epithelial-protective actions of PGE2.

Prostaglandin E2 and Polyenylphosphatidylcholine: Stiff Competition for the Fibrotic Complications of Inflammatory Bowel Disease?

Last edited:
Yes i think the bleeding isn’t from the acid nature of salicylic acid, but baking soda is part of the solution.

I also think people with aspirin problems have H.Pylori issues. Treating that (I used honey on an empty stomach for a few weeks) helped a great deal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals