Are There Any Good Blood Pressure Drugs Or Less Bad Ones?

5a-DHP

I've had good success with nebivolol in the past to combat excessive sympathetic tone when the underlying cause was unavoidable / going to be around for an extended period. Its selectivity for B1/2 over B3 makes it the best overall BB.

Chad_Catholic

I use beta blockers for anxiety at times, very useful. I think that Atenolol is preferable to Propranolol. Propranolol can lower T3 when taken chronically, has uncertain effects long term due to it's antagonism at 5-HT1 (negative feedback receptor--it could raise serotonin in the long run possibly, or just sensitize that receptor which would be less bad?), and has a greater propensity towards impacting sleep (insomnia/vivid dreams). Atenolol has virtually no 5-HT affinity, has less impact on sleep, and significantly less impact on thyroid functioning. It also works just as well for my anxiety. There are some concerns about type 2 diabetes with atenolol but I am not super familiar with that.
That's interesting. My doctor just prescribed me atenolol, and I was a little annoyed because I thought that propranolol would have been preferred.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals